Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

5 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I - Page 21 Empty Re: Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

Post by Drekkle Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:17 pm

After the party exits the swamp, the trail leads to a sea cave, the he jagged mouth of which is partially flooded, and decorated with the splintered and gnarled bones of sea creatures and humanoids alike, held aloft in a tangle of netting and seaweed. Other gnawed bones litter the rocky shore around the cave mouth.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:42 am

[Placeholder for finding a deadfall trap and Amissa disabling it.]

The party heads into the cave, to investigate what lies within. Four caves branch off from the entrance. The entire cavern smells of brine, sweat, and rot. The floor of the cave is littered with humanoid bones and filth. A wall of driftwood tethered together stands wedged in a narrow tunnel in the south wall of this chamber.

Six feral looking gillmen reside here, and attack when the party enters, screeching and slavering about fresh meat.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:24 am

The gillmen are quickly dispatched of between Kaimana's sword and Jax's attacks, aided by Aisha's magic and occasional cold pelts from Amissa.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:34 am

The next room in the flooded cave is roughly square, and its features have been smoothed by the passage of seawater in and out with the ebb and flow of the tide. A large swath of the southern wall is marred by deep carvings depicting a crude, twisted sigil. A pile of humanoid bones heaped four feet high litter the floor in front of the glyph. Atop this mound rests a stone trough.

In here wait three more gillmen, and a strange, gaunt creature with a grasshopper head, attacking when they see the group enter.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:46 am

Kaimana notices that one of the gillmen has a symbol matching the description of the shade Jax saw, and decides that makes her top priority to defeat. He yells and rushes, his sword striking cleanly, and immediately downing the caster. The strange grasshopper-like creature uses some magic that causes pain and a sickened sensation to the party, though some resist more than others. The two gillmen that remain swarm Kaimana, though their attacks don't seem to affect the half-elf much. He and Jax coordinate on their attack and immediately take another one down. The grasshopper-like creature, meanwhile, vomits a swarm of wasps, and their attacks leave Kaimana ready to retch. Jax finishes off the other gillman as Kaimana moves out of the way. Amissa recites an incantation and throws fire from her hands at the swarm, but the burn isn't enough to finish them off, and the wasps continue to plague Kaimana. The party tries to attack the grasshopper more as it continues to throw spells and confusion at them, but eventually it teleports away, taking the swarm with it.

Last edited by Aviana on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:47 am

Before the party leaves the area, Kaimana grabs the biggest whale bone he can carry, to use as a souvenir of the area.

With the cave cleared, the party resumes their search for the shade Jax had seen previously. Their efforts are soon rewarded, as they soon find the violent spirit. It gets the first strike, its spectral claws sinking deep into Aisha as she reaches into her pack. Undaunted, Aisha pulls out the unholy symbol wielded by the gillmen and brandishes it before the Exiled, who is visibly sickened by its mere presence. What would have been a dangerous foe for one person is then rapidly cut down in a flash of steel, claw, and magic.

With that danger ended, the party begins their travel home.
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:52 am

When the party returns home, the talk of the colony is an attempted kidnapping on Kereda Harper. None of the rumors seems clear, but of those that believe Kereda, many believe that one of the other inhabitants of the island is responsible, be it strix, locathah, or sahuagin. Others still believe that Kereda is making up the entire event to drum up support for the construction of the town wall, given his vocal support of Andvara Jeclair’s hunger strike.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:54 am

"I don't think Kereda would make this up," Kaimana notes with a frown. "Let's go find him."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:41 am

Kaimana and Jax head off to find Kereda, finding him without much trouble enjoying his meal in the company of his fellow farmers, chatting animatedly as they eat. However, as Kaimana and Jax approach, the conversation swiftly dies down.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:45 am

Kaimana is immediately puzzled at the reactions of the farmers, as they're simply looking at him and Jax without saying anything. "Uh, hey there!" he greets them with a wave and a smile, hoping it's not uneasy. "Just got back from checking out another part of the island and heard you had a run-in, Kereda, was hoping to hear more about that if that's all right?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 am

Kereda thinks it over a few moments with a suspicious look on his face, before he relents, "Sure, I guess that'd be alright. What are you wanting to know?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:51 am

Confused by the attitude but trying not to show it, Kaimana sits down. "Well, can you tell me what happened? It sounds like there's a lot of different versions of the story going around that basically only share an attempted kidnapping."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:01 am

"I was at home, sleeping, door barred, not that that did me no good," Kereda says. "They must've crept in through the windows or something, two of them, with burlap sacks tied over their heads so I couldn't get a good look at who, or what they were. They nearly beat me unconscious, but I managed to get away and call the guards. Saved me, but they were long gone by the guards got to my place."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:09 am

”Did you have a chance to see anything particularly unusual about them?” Kaimana asks, thinking. ”I know you said their heads were covered, but was anything about their body strange?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:11 am

Kereda shakes his head. "It was all a blur, they could've had wings, or gills, or horns, and I wouldn't have been able to tell."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:20 am

Jax frowns and nods silently as Kereda recounts his understanding of the events. "Did your assailants say anything, or make any noises in the struggle?" He asks..
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:30 am

"Not a word," Kereda says with a shake of his head. "They probably had it all planned out, I couldn't even get a solid hit against one of them, it was all I could do to run away," he says, glumly.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:43 pm

Kaimana nods, frowning. "Well, it's good you were able to run away. Really, the reason we're asking questions is because the more you can tell us, the sooner we can figure out what happened, right? At the end of the day, though, the most important part is that you made it out okay."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:45 pm

Jax frowns, thinking for a moment if there was anything else to ask. The savory smell of the farmer's food wafts to his nose, and he has an idea. "Did the intruders smell of anything? Earth, forest, the sea?"
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:50 pm

"Right, thanks," Kereda says, shifting a bit uncomfortably, looking a bit embarrassed. "No, I couldn't smell anything, they broke my nose with one of the first hits that woke me up."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Jax nods. "That's okay, it was a long shot anyway." He then smiles and claps his hand on Kereda's shoulder in an attempt to reassure him. "And don't feel bad, you handled yourself well from the sounds of it. Like Kaimana said, the important thing is that you're safe."
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Kereda nods, and Kaimana thinks. "Okay, if you think of anything else, let us know," he says after a moment. "We'll do what we can until then."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:21 pm

"I will. I hope you find whoever's behind this," Kereda says softly, concern evident in his tone.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:22 pm

Once the two are out of earshot of the other group, Jax turns to Kaimana. "I'm pretty sure they feel we're on Ramona's side, and they don't like that."
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:11 am

"On..." Kaimana blinks in confusion. "Did Ms. Avandth do something? I didn't realize there were sides?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next