Legacy of Fire Gameplay

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Legacy of Fire Gameplay

Post by Drekkle on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am

"Not personally, but I'm sure Tereza would be willing to help out, or we could purchase scrolls and such to use. Either way, Katapesh is where we can put that into action." Nari signs.

Drekkle
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 am

The easiest method, it turns out, was contacting Zastoran, who checked his surroundings and confirmed that there was a teleport trap in his area, one that led straight into molten lava, and so the group decides to, after shopping and resting, head to the outdoors level of the House of the Beast. And there they find a battlefield. Lying dead on the ground are the corpses of many humans, troglodytes, gnoll, and janni, and in the sky brass and red dragons clash, with spells, tooth, and claw tearing into both sides. However, slumped against the wall is a still-breathing harpy, and a familiar one, sitting next to the corpse of a giant snake. "About time you made it here," Undrella rasps.

Nobody7713

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Mahvash frowns at the state of things, and particularly at the fallen Cecil. "We were held up," she answers the harpy with a curt nod. "Sorry for the delay. What do we need to know before proceeding?"
Aviana
Admin

View user profile http://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Upon seeing the snake's corpse, Krunk crosses his arms over his chest and shakes his head. "Damn."
bloodrayne03
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:16 pm

"Bunch of us were holed up here for a while, harassing supply lines, trying to cut off the actual House from everyone. Outcasts, people polite society doesn't like mostly, but ones who don't want everyone to die either. Bandits, the gnoll tribes that follow Lamashtu, some group of troglodytes who were here first. We were doing okay, but then they all folded on us. All the jann and efreet who were holding other outposts, it's like they all fell back here for some reason. We held our own, but there were just too damn many. All of them who got through went into the House and down. Far as I know, the entire place above the throne is empty," Undrella explains, grimacing.

Nobody7713

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:47 am

"Should we help the dragons?" Nari signs, glancing towards the aerial battle above.

Drekkle
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:57 am

"I don't think there's much we could do to help them right now," Lydia replies, frowning. "The best case scenario is that we win them the battle, but waste precious time, energy and spells in the process. It's better to use their distraction to get in and complete our actual objective."
Ferret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Mahvash nods in agreement with Lydia. "It certainly feels odd that something is more pressing than dragons, but I agree with that assessment," she comments.
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:06 pm

”Is it bad I hope Taevanith isn’t up there?” Felliped asks while staring up at the dragons, trying to identify her.

Nobody7713

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Krunk shrugs and mutters, "I'd be down to kill some dragons."
bloodrayne03
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:25 pm

"I'd rather not have to fight off red dragons if we return here to retreat, or let them wreak havoc on our forces coming to reinforce us. Or be ambushed by them from behind," Nari signs. "We can certainly do a significant amount to help them, I believe. Enough to ensure the brass dragons win the fight."

Drekkle
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:40 am

"It would probably take too long and too many resources to ensure decisive victory for the brass dragons, and we've no idea where Jhavul is in his ritual," Mahvash answers with a frown. "The return of so many troops bodes ill. And the dragons may very well be worn out from this fight and unable to assist further even if we do help them. Right now, we need to focus on our mission."
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:37 am

"We don't need to win the battle for them," Nari counters. "With it being so close, I think a few spells should tip the battle towards the brass dragon's favor. And should the red dragons attempt to fight us, Krunk, you and Giex can win the battle quickly. I'd rather not give the red dragons the chance to gain the upper hand here."

Drekkle
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:40 am

"Getting involved in the battle at all turns into needing to win it for them, since the red dragons will hardly leave us alone after that," Mahvash answers, the corner of her mouth twitching downward. "We're spending far too much time on this already. Are there any relevant questions we need to ask to assess the situation before going in?"
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:44 am

"The priorities here need to be on stopping Jhavul," Lydia adds. "Anything else is secondary."
Ferret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am

Nari let's out a sigh, then signs "Fine. Are there any leaders, generals, persons of special interest we should know of, besides Jhavul? And do you know of any hazards or traps within the House of the Beast asides from the enemies therein?"

Drekkle
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:25 pm

"I don't know of any traps, and haven't seen anyone - I hear that the Carrion King's back though, and the name's even more fitting now," Undrella barks a weak cackle. "And I hear Jhavul has a consort who's pretty tough. Human, but she sure don't look like it anymore."

Nobody7713

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:59 pm

"Of course," Lydia mutters. "I suppose next you'll tell me Jhavul brought back the Jackal too."
Ferret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Heading through the House, the group finds it to be as empty as promised. That is, until reaching the garden floor with the pristine waters and healing fruit, where it seems to be filled with bat-winged monstrosities looming ten feet in height, their skeletal, dripping bodies tangles of bones and entrails. In the back shines a scarlet portal where the empty alcove used to be, but directly in front of it stands one more such undead, with the hunch of a towering gnoll and carrying a massive greataxe.

Nobody7713

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2