Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 Empty War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm

In the weeks leading up to the Day of Exaltation, a small number of young, talented individuals have been in correspondence with Lady Martella Lotheed, who offered them all invitations to the Exaltation Gala at the Senate, where a historic vote on primogeniture would be taking place. Each had agreed to perform a task for her at the event in exchange for their invitation, which came with it the opportunity to influence and build connections with the most powerful individuals in Taldor, and monetary payment upon successful completion of the job. Her final correspondence requested that they meet her an hour before the gala at a small cafe near the Senate building.

Inside the cafe, just before the requested time, long, golden beams of the setting sun dance through the cafe’s smoky interior, highlighting breads, cheeses, and wine bottles behind the only counter. A young woman with tanned skin and long brown hair, no older than 30, sips casually from a steaming mug, dressed in an elegant but reserved gown—at least by Taldan standards. A hand-sized brass cricket buzzes quietly on the tabletop beside her.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Before that afternoon, Adelaide Morilla attends to research.

Her dark brown hair is swept up in a loose bun atop her head to keep out of her face as she reads. A few strands occasionally find their way in front of her large lenses all the same, and the young woman absently pushes these back when they do. She isn't completely sure that studying noble history will help her to make an impression, or that noting particular cases where a sister of the heir appeared more competent would get across the right perspective. Still, having such information couldn't hurt. All of Adelaide's successful connections had been made through having the right information, after all.

She looks up, and realizes she will have to change for the pre-gala meeting fairly quickly. Sighing, Adelaide sets her glasses down on the desk and goes to get ready.

By the time she arrives at the café, Adelaide has changed into a much more appropriate gown, colors accenting well against her tan skin. Her hair is now swept back in an elegant style and her gray-green eyes are more striking without the distraction of the large glasses. She can't help but feel a little nervous she might not recognize Lady Martella Lotheed, this being their first meeting in person, but the task is made similar by only one woman waiting in the café. Adelaide makes sure to smile as she approaches. "Good afternoon, Lady Martella?" she greets the woman, determined not to sound nervous. "I am Lady Adelaide Morilla, it is a pleasure to meet you."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:21 pm

"Likewise," Martella smiles to Adelaide when she arrives. "Though please, call me Martella if I might call you Adelaide," she adds, then gestures to the spread in front of them. "While we wait for the others - there are four more - please help yourself. The fig jam is divine. Some wine?" she holds a bottle and a glass up curiously.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:38 pm

"Of course," Adelaide answers in response to the name suggestion, and takes a seat. "Yes, thank you. Four others, you say? What are they like?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:41 pm

"That, you'll have to see for yourself," Martella replies with an enigmatic smile, pouring a glass of wine for Adelaide. "They're an eclectic bunch with varied talents, but I think you may recognize a couple of them."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Josephine throws the small parcel over her shoulder in mild frustration, sighing at the contents that were spread out across her bed. "I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised by this..." With another sigh, she picks up the flimsy cloth and squints intensely at it. "This better be worth it."

Many minutes later, Josephine arrives at the cafe. She can't help but feel out of sorts in the long gown, but she nevertheless heads straight to the only table with people at it. Looking between the two women at the table, Josephine asks, "Excuse me, I'm looking for Lady Martella?"
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:55 pm

"That would be me," Martella turns to Josephine and nods. "It's good to meet you in person, Josie, please, sit down and join us. Adelaide, this is Lady Josephine Novius. Josie, this is Lady Adelaide Morilla."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Josie smiles, very pleased that she had gotten the right table. The slender aasimar's snowy skin sparkles softly in the afternoon sun as she sits. Her features are sharp, with intense amber eyes and pointed cheekbones. Her nose is long and slightly hooked, not unlike a beak, a comparison made only more prominent by the thin line of feathers where eyebrows would normally be. Messy mousy hair frames her face, with blonde highlights and long feathers poking through the light brown, the feathers providing stark contrast with splashes of dark brown and black.

Josie replies, "It's good to meet you as well, Lady Martella. I'm also quite pleased that your taste in dresses is better than my mother's." She chuckles a bit before turning to the other woman. In a practiced tone, Josie continues, "Hello, Lady Adelaide. Please, just call me Josie."

Last edited by bloodrayne03 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:06 pm

”A pleasure to meet you, Josie,” Adelaide answers with a wide smile, having taken in the other woman’s impressive physique as Martella made introductions. ”You can call me just by Adelaide if you prefer.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:10 pm

As if on cue, Momo appears in the doorway to the cafe, wearing a patterned dark dress with floral embroidery and a long cape, as well as accompanying fine jewelry. She has a thick pair of glasses on, and has Tian features. She is strikingly cute, with somewhat pouty lips, clear blue eyes and black hair that came down just to her shoulders. She scans the room, walking around it a few times before she finds the group. She saunters towards the group, her swagger not matching her stature. She gives a courteous bow, with an appropriate flourish. "Hello! Myoui Momo, at your service," the small girl says in a small voice. She addresses the oldest of them and says, "Lady Martella, I assume?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:29 pm

"And I Martella," Martella adds after Adelaide speaks, then turns to address Momo on her arrival. "Welcome, glad you could make it. And yes, that's correct. I'll let these two introduce themselves, but in the meantime, take a seat, have something to eat and some wine. We're just waiting for two more."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:30 pm

"Ah, Momo, it's been a while!" Adelaide exclaims, smiling as she recognizes the other girl. "How have you been?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Turning to address the newcomer, Josie once again slips into a practiced introductory tone. She gives a polite nod and intones, "Hello Miss Momo. I am Lady Josephine Novius. Please, just call me Josie."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:44 pm

"Oh... uhm, Adelaide! I didn't recognize you until now, not from a distance," Momo responds with a giggle, taking a seat. She accepts a small amount of wine, responding, "A pleasure to meet you, Josie. You can just call me Momo. Adelaide, I've been well. I've just been helping the family out around the temple a lot, and training with father, so I haven't had too much me time."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:01 pm

The next person to enter is a teenaged boy with dark hair, the barest hint of scruff on his chin, and the approximate proportions of a beanpole. He looks around the cafe, eyes wide. "Whoooo-wee," he mutters. "Ain't this a fancy place." As he looks around he notices the table full of women, and one in particular. He grins widely and approaches. "Lady Martella! Nice ta see ya again. These th'other folks you were talkin' bout?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:04 pm

"That's right. Corey, meet Ladies Adelaide Morilla, Josephine Novius, and Myoui Momo. Everyone, this is Corey Crawford," Martella introduces everyone in turn. "Take a seat, we're just waiting on one more now."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Adelaide starts to answer Momo, but finds herself sidetracked with Corey’s arrival. ”Good afternoon, Corey, nice to meet you,” she greets him, unsure from his demeanor if she even needs to offer to drop her title.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Once again, Josie politely greets the newcomer. "Hello Mister Corey. Please, just call me Josie."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:45 pm

"Well shucks, if y'aint makin' me use yer title then Corey'll be fine," Corey grins, sitting down.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Momo raises a hand in greeting, giving him a somewhat slow nod. "Momo is fine for myself as well. Good to meet you, Corey."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:52 pm

”It seems none of us here are terribly attached to our titles,” Adelaide notes with a laugh. ”Just Adelaide is fine for me as well.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:55 pm

Momo raises her eyebrows and notes, "Or none of us wanted to be the odd one out," with a sly smile. "Though I'll admit that I think introducing myself as Lady Myoui Momo sounds very stuffy."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm

"I wouldn't take that to be indicative of the court as a whole," Martella warns with a chuckle. "Using the wrong title can get you challenged to a duel by some people. Make sure you keep your Barons, Counts, and Senators in order."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm

”Don’t worry, I’m well aware,” Adelaide answers with a smile.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm

With small sigh, Josie replies, "To be terribly honest, it's not my title so much as my name. 'Josephine' sounds like the name of some ancient woman in her twilight years, and 'Lady Josie' just sounds silly." Noticing a stray bit of hair in her face, she blows it away with mild irritation.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next