Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Aviana Thu May 30, 2019 6:44 am

"They aren't immediately actionable, regardless, and this is a time that requires immediate action of some sort," Adelaide answers with a shrug. "There may come a time to return to the hopes of policy changes, but it can't afford to be a focus right now."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Drekkle Thu May 30, 2019 6:50 am

"Unfortunately true, yes," Sarina agrees. "Which is a shame. I was quite looking forwards to changes that would follow the one that was just made. But, focusing on the now, what are your plans for the next few days, before the meeting with Martella?" Sarina asks.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu May 30, 2019 7:07 am

Adelaide sighs. ”Still figuring that out. The first step was checking in with everyone, especially since it seems like you’re all staying here, which is perfectly fine. I think I was able to give Corey and Momo some useful direction, at least. Going forward, if we’re to prepare for a longer trip, purchasing some better equipment than what I have now may be wise. I should have some time to prepare alchemical items that could prove helpful.” As she starts listing, Adelaide waves her hand in a circle and looks up and away, thinking. ”Definitely more combat-focused rapier training is in order, and thankfully Corey’s agreed to assist me with that. I probably need to shift some areas of study as well, and see what contacts I can reach out to. But I’m sure there’s more to do that I haven’t thought of yet.” She puts her hand down and looks back to Sarina. ”What about you?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu May 30, 2019 7:13 am

"Seeing what more I can do with my magic, perhaps purchasing some scrolls and such," Sarina says. "Better equipment could be useful too, I'll have to see about some of that. Other than that, I was planning to reach out to some contacts, perhaps make some new ones as well. Always helps to know the right person, hmm?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:15 pm

As the night progresses, the quiet sounds of muffled sobbing can sometimes be heard leaking from Josie's room. The next morning, a note can be found on the bed. Left to let my parents know I'm not dead.

A couple of hours later, Josie is sitting in a carriage, gazing nervously at the slowly approaching house on the horizon, wringing her hands anxiously.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:44 pm

A guard, an older, clean shaven man with salt and pepper hair cascading down to nearly his shoulders approaches the carriage calmly from the outside of the closed estate gate, his sword comfortably at his hip - Cato, the longest serving guard in the service of Josie's house, approaches the side to check who's inside, then his stern countenance breaks into a wide smile. "Da-" he begins, then corrects himself, "Josie, it's a relief to see you safe, we had heard what had happened at the Exaltation Gala and we feared the worst, but I told the others that if there was a way out, you were tough enough to find it."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Corey leaves early in the morning and doesn't return until late afternoon. When he does come back, it's with a spring in his step and a jaunty whistle. As he enters the living room he waves to Momo, grinning widely. "Afternoon, Momo. How's yer day treatin' ya?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 pm

"Not having a set schedule is strange," Momo responds, barely looking up from her book. "I woke up and considered meditating, realized I didn't strictly need to, then did so anyways," she responds. "And you, Mr. Crawford?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:26 pm

"Ah've had a swell day," Corey grins, plopping down on a seat near Momo's. "Woke up real early ta go talk ta the Sarenrae folks. They were awful nice fer a buncha... well, uh," Corey cuts himself off, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Momo raises her brow, looking up from her book. "Finish your sentence?" she asks, though the phrasing is more of a demand.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:28 pm

"It'd be an awful unkind thing ta say 'bout folks that helped me," Corey says, blush rising on his face. "Probably weren't the kinda thing ya say in polite company neither, thinkin' on it."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Momo rolls her eyes. "Sure, whatever you say. If the word you're looking for is 'heathen' then you can say it around me. My family is quite vocal about their praise of Irori and it receives its fair share of sideways glances."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:35 pm

"Heh, uh, right," Corey chuckles nervously. "Ah ain't the type ta put folks down fer their beliefs, usually, just Ah ain't never heard a good word 'bout a Sarenite a'fore so it was awful surprisin'."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:42 pm

"Trusting the words of your peers might let you match their traits too. Namely their lack of learning," Momo quips. "It's admirable that you're trying to rise above that."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:26 pm

Corey smiles brightly. "Well shucks, that's awful nice of ya ta say. Anyway, the fella over at the temple couldn't train me in takin' folks out without killin' 'em like Ah was hopin', since we only gotta week and Ah ain't a worshipper 'sides, but he did have a pretty swell idea. Here, check it out." He reaches back, grabbing his glaive by the head and yanking it free of the straps that hold it to his back. He extends it out to Momo where she can see the edge of the blade, now lined with a series of gleaming sigils and runes.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Momo appraises the weapon and nods. "Powerful. That should help a lot," she responds, her features betraying none of her doubt about the weapon's enchantment.

-------

Continues here: https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=43
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40