Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shattered Star

+2
Ferret
Shinigami02
6 posters

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down

Shattered Star Empty Shattered Star

Post by lapis-lazily Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Greetings fellow seeker of adventure!

I am Sheila Heidmarch, Venture Captain of the newest Pathfinder Society lodge -- and the only such lodge in Varisia at this time. You have come to my attention as someone who possesses a certain amount of skill and interests that make you an excellent addition to a highly specialized team I'm putting together for a matter of grave import, not only to the society, but to Varisia as a whole. Please report an hour before noon to Heidmarch Manor -- you will be compensated for your visit, but that reward will pale in light of the riches that await you should we come to an agreement on my proposition to you. I look forward to meeting you soon!

--Sheila Heidmarch

Five individuals received this letter at their doorstep yesterday. Those same five individuals now find themselves gathering in the lobby to Sheila's manor. For their own various reasons, each of the individuals decided it would be a good idea to come. Perhaps Sheila picked well.

The manor grounds are abuzz with activity. Pathfinders and adventurers from all around Varisia gather at the center of its only lodge. Scribes discuss their findings in the sunny gardens with vigor. Warriors practice swordplay on the grounds. A few unusual individuals mill about, tieflings, gnomes, even a well dressed gnoll discussing potion craft with a ratfolk. In the foyer of the manor, things are a bit quieter. Most people are only passing through. The contacted individuals must wait there, however, for their hostess to arrive.
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Shattered Star Empty Re: Shattered Star

Post by leonathemoth Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:56 pm

One of the individuals, a gnoll, stands in the foyer, looking impatient. They wear a chain coat and a greatsword along their back. They are parked in front of a mirror, fretting over their mane and making sure they're in presentable condition.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:01 pm

By contrast, the young blonde-haired woman in a dark coat over a chain shirt seems endlessly patient, leaning against a wall. The only thing that betrays her nerves is the way she fingers the fine scimitar at her belt.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:19 pm

A bright-eyed, black-armed, and nobly-dressed young woman enters the foyer, gleefully drinking in every sight and sound around her. That quickly changes as her eyes set on the blonde, and her already excited face grows absolutely ecstatic. "Anastasia, is that you?" She asks, practically skipping towards the other woman. "I haven't seen you in years, you look fabulous!"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:34 pm

The blonde looks over as her name is called, eyes widening in recognition. "... Naomi Valdemar?" Her voice is incredulous. "Shit, I haven't seen you in a decade. You actually grew up, how about that?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Naomi preens, before casting down a glance at her arms. "I'm not the only thing that grew," She says, pouting slightly for a moment. "But it's okay, they seem to have come with some great perks. So where have you been all these years? I was devastated when you stopped coming by, and then your family... I'd feared the worst. You could have let us know you were okay, everyone was worried sick."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 pm

"Ah, I, uh..." Anastasia rubs the back of her neck. "I couldn't exactly come back to our street... or the Alabaster District at all for that matter. I wasn't going to come back until I was 18 and could take Emilie, and by then..."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Naomi sort of deflates at that, looking absolutely crestfallen. "Yeah," She says, studying the ground, before peeking back up at the older woman. "But it does look like you've been taking care of yourself. So did you join the Pathfinders, or are you just working with them?"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Anastasia looks away, shamefaced. "Working with. I'm a member of the Order of the Breaking Dawn, but the Church lets me do a lot of contract work for Lady Heidmarch. What about you? Your dad was a Pathfinder, right?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:57 pm

"Yeah, and the rest of the family doesn't want much to do with me since I ran away from the horrible marriage my grandfather was trying to put me in, so I've signed on. There's a lot more training than papa ever mentioned," Naomi replies, nodding almost to herself as she speaks. "This will hopefully be my first real mission."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Anastasia's eyebrows raise. "Wow. Welcome to the runaway club I guess. You're going about it a lot smarter than I did at least."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Outside in the gardens, a scrawny, bespectacled man garbed in muted robes quietly listens on to the scribes conversing in the warm sunlight.  Having overheard mentions of magical theory and spellcraft, the mage takes a short detour as to hear what the scholar's conversation entailed.  Unfortunately, the scribes are discussing methods of Abjuration, a topic he was both all-to familiar with and uninterested in.  Somewhat disappointed, the man meanders about the garden and admires the beauty of a midsummer's day before returning to his course.

Upon reaching the door to the Heidmarch Manor, he finds the foyer door steadily closing behind a well-dressed woman.  With some awkwardness, the man lurches forward and braces himself against the wooden door.  With the door halted and a gap large enough to pass through, the mage simply slips into the foyer and lets the door close quietly behind him.  Noticing that the well-dressed woman from before is now speaking to an acquaintance and that the only other being in the foyer is occupied grooming themselves in the mirror, Cade Bennett opts to quietly wander about, admiring the Manor's interior for his first time inside.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Ali finally finishes with their grooming and breaks away from the mirror, surprised to see new additions in the foyer since they started their impromptu self care session. They go to sit on a sofa and wait, still as impatient as before.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Cade gets only a few feet into the Manor before the person by the mirror makes a move, and he watches them move to a padded bench.  It's only now that Cade focuses on them that he notices two heavy weapons strapped to their back.  With some trepidation, the mage moves toward them.  "Ah, hello there!" Cade introduces himself meekly as he nears.  "I take it you were called here by our host as well?  You certainly look the part of an adventurer."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Ali notices the mage approach. "Aye, 'twas called here by a letter," The gnoll had a decidedly dwarven accent to their voice, probably unexpected, "What about ya? Ya certainly look a bit scrawny for an adventurer." The gnoll chuckles softly but had a hint of a bark to it.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:23 am

"True, I suppose," Cade admits with a nervous chuckle.  "Though in my defense, it's rather difficult to train one's body in a library.  The worst I deal with is grabbing the encyclopedias from the top shelves!"  He follows this up with a bit of awkward laughter at his own joke, which quickly peters out.  "B-But yes, I have also received an invitation.  I take it that means we'll be working together, then?  I'm Cade Bennett."  He stiffly extends his hand in greeting.  "And you are...?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 am

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my favorite Pathfinder, Ana," Erron says, sauntering up to the chatting pair. "I suppose I should have expected Shelia to pick you for this little team up. Oh, and who might this be?" he asks with a glance at the stranger.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 am

Anastasia rolls her eyes. "It's Anastasia, Flynt, and I'm not a Pathfinder, just hired muscle." Despite the tone the corner of her mouth twitches. "And this is Naomi Valdemar, an old friend. I've known her since she was in diapers, so if you try and mess with her I will castrate you."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:17 am

Ali contemplates a moment before shaking Cade's hand. "Ali. 'M not in the habit of giving my last name to strangers so call me...Ali the Scarred," They give a toothy grin, "Maybe one day you'll have the privilege to learn it."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:30 am

"Oh, come now, Ana," Erron says with a charming smile. "You of all people should know I'm a perfect gentleman." He snatches up Naomi's hand to give it a quick kiss as he dips into a bow. "Erron Flynt, at your service."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:22 pm

Naomi blushes at the handsome man's attentions, giggling slightly before casting a glance between Erron and Anastasia. "Anastasia, where did you meet this one? You're not... with him... are you?"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:04 pm

Anastasia snorts. "By the Everdawn's glow, of course not. He's a scoundrel and a flirt. He'd be a drunken one-night stand at the absolute most."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:11 pm

"'the Scarred', is it?" Cade repeats, glancing at the numerous scars running across Ali's arms.  "W-Well, pleased to make your acquaintance, Ali.  Ah..." he hesitates, trying to find the next topic, "have you done much work for the Pathfinders?  This would be my first foray into true adventuring, you see, so I'm not so sure what to expect."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:14 pm

"Can't say I've worked with the Pathfinders before. Tend to do mercenary work mostly," They say, "I suppose it's all the same though, killin' for one group or another."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:26 pm

"'Killing?"" Cade parrots, this time visibly shaken.  "Oh... hm.  Well... I certainly hope that isn't the purpose of the invitation.  I'd vastly prefer something with a proclivity towards expedition or research, not conflict. "
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next