Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

5 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I Empty Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

Post by Drekkle Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:44 am

Last edited by Drekkle on Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I Empty Re: Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

Post by Shadow31 Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:53 pm

A new day dawns, and with the party well-rested and healed they prepare for the coming fight. Once the mages cast the necessary spells for the fight, the party approaches the location of the sahuagin and the feeder in the deep. A brutal battle soon ensues, with the feeder's teeth tearing into Jax almost immediately, leaving him severely wounded. While Jax retaliates, Aisha swims to him and casts a healing spell, closing the worst of his wounds. Kaimana's sword struggles to find purchase on the beast's smooth hide, a frustration that carries through much of the fight. While this fight is happening, a second is occurring nearby, with Amissa and Koloshkora attacking the sahuagin at range while the witch fires its underwater crossbow at Jax.

After Jax and the feeder trade wounds several more times, Kaimana's blade finally finds purchase, tearing into the wounded beast's hide and leaving it floating limp and lifeless. With the beast dead, Jax swims over to the sahuagin and hooks his beak into it, knocking the wounded creature unconscious and leaving the party victorious.

The party decides to head back with what they had achieved. A group of several monkey goblins descends on the party, but they quickly find themselves outmatched. One goblin has the good sense to run away, only for Jax's arrow and Koloshkora's spear to knock it out anyway. Aisha stabilizes the goblin, much to their friend's confusion.

No particular reason is stated for this, and the party just heads back to the colony.

The remainder of the trip is uneventful. Upon arrival at the colony, they meet with Ramona to debrief. After listening to their report, Ramona replies with approval for their achievements and allows them to head out for the evening.
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:24 am

Carver requests a meeting with the group by way of the clockwork spider, to which everyone agrees.

"I'm so very glad we could meet," Carver says, once everyone is at the meeting. "I was hoping you could give me a debriefing on your recent excursions,  as detailed as possible."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Machina Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Amissa stands, opening her notebook and flipping through the parchment pages. "Our primary purpose in the most recent excursions was establishing relations with the locathah tribe and dealing with the sahuagin threat, which has gone largely without incident. However, we did also stop by a location on the shoreline that had markings which we believe were written by Durvin Gest. The runes only spoke of the undead threat in that immediate area, which we took care of, but also listed some coordinates which we believe were his next destination." She reads out the coordinates and glances up. "Additionally, we spoke with a naga who provided assistance in the form of magical items for our ventures against the sahuagin, which I believe may - at least in part - have been Azlanti relics, including a functional ioun stone."
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:28 am

"I believe I've heard about encountering the Locathah tribe," Carver says, pulling out a journal to make notes in. "Let's go back to that location on the shoreline. What did it look like as you approached?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Kaimana recognizes this question as pretty simple and answers it, and has to hastily adjust when the question is followed up with "How did you become aware of the undead threat? Did the undead have anything to watch out for? What tactics did you use against them? How effective did that seem?" He answers everything as best as he can.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:42 am

Carver makes notes in his journal as Kaimana answers the questions. A similarly detailed questioning follows after about the water naga and fight with the sahuagin. When the Sea Hag is mentioned, Carver notes "Those can be dangerous foes. And I'm not sure what she might be up to... I would be cautious, and keep an eye out for any other things which could be her influence."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:24 am

After a little more discussion, the group splits off to catch up with what's going on in the colony. Kaimana catches up with a few different people, and spends the evening mostly with Eamon. The priest is glad to have Kaimana back safe (at least for the moment) and they talk about different developments with new houses, walls, and a few other things in the colony. There's very little discussion of adventures, and more of a focus on enjoying each other's company again.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:32 pm

The next day, in the afternoon, its realized that one of the fishermen, a man by the name of Soren, who left the previous day at dusk has not returned. A pair of soldiers are sent off to search for him, but they return to the colony, limping and with visible injuries.

They explain that as they were investigating down the west coast a few miles, a pair of strange winged reptillian creatures ambushed them. The injured soldiers ask the party to discover whether these monsters had anything to do with Soren's disappearance, and deal with them if possible.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:41 pm

”Yeah, of course,” Kaimana answers, considering. ”Can you tell us more about these creatures?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm

"They were small. About three feet tall or so," one of the soldiers answered. "Walked on two legs when they landed, and attacked us with their claws. They had a row of spines going down their back too."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:13 pm

The soldiers are able to prove little else in information. After performing the necessary preparation, the party begins the short trek to the area of beach that the soldiers indicated in their report.
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:11 am

A large number of crabs scuttle on the beach, a potential food source for the colonists.

From the rocky cliffs above, two winged lizard creatures swoop down from their hiding places to attack. After a few bites on Amissa and Aisha, the group prepares for the next attack. With Kaimana's blade and Jax's bite, one of the two is swiftly dispatched, while the other makes the wise decision to flee in search of easier prey.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Seeing the other creature has fled, Jax turns to the dead creature and flips it over, examining it. "Any of you think these could have been responsible for Soren's disappearance?"
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:07 pm

After a brief discussion and search of the area, the party decided that there isn't enough evidence to point towards the lizard creatures as the culprits, and they continue their journey along the coast.

Further up the coast, the group is assaulted by a horrid stench. A disgusting pile of rotting ooze slides from the water, crawling ever so slowly towards the party. While the ooze could be easily outran, Amissa identifies it and explains it could be the source of the missing fisherman, so the party chooses to fight back. Jax and Kaimana charge forward, with Aisha casting a spell to aid Kaimana and Amissa sending bolts of force lancing into the monster. Kaimana's sword bites deep into the ooze, but the stench at this range is overpowering and leaves him feeling ill. Jax lashes at it with talon and claw, before instinctively tearing into it with his beak. The ooze tears open with a sickening squelch, leaving Jax with a rotting piece of meat in his beak and a horrible realization of what he just did. Nearly immediately after, he shifts back into his human form before collapsing on his knees and throwing up repeatedly.
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:59 pm

With that, the group returns to the colony and reports back to Ramona about what was found.

"Well, it's certainly not worth it to be searching in the night. Too dangerous, and too easy to miss something," Ramona says with a sigh. "I'm thinking that in the morning we send a search party in a boat further down the coast, while you head towards where you saw the chupacabra fly off too. How does that sound?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 pm

"Sounds like a plan, Ms. Avandth," Kaimana answers with a nod.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:37 pm

With that settled, the group leaves to find Carver waiting outside the Governer's house. "Terrible business, this fisherman going missing," he comments with a frown. "I wonder if that Sea hag you found out about might be behind this. Koloshkora mentioned that she was kidnapping aquatic humanoids, didn't she?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Machina Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:56 am

Amissa nods. "That's true. It's certainly possible that she's behind it..." She pauses, thinking. "Although, our missing individual isn't aquatic. His relationship with the ocean might be enough to have a correlation, but I'm not sure if that's enough to solidly point towards any specific cause yet. There's a lot of possibilities - we've seen that this island houses a number of dangerous threats, especially in the ocean. It could be more skum, or sahuagin, or something like the undead we encountered on the shoreline before." She takes out her notebook and jots down some notes. "I'll do some projections and see if I can calculate any more specific probabilities, or come up with some potential plans of action for different scenarios."
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:02 am

"Perhaps. Or perhaps she's just taking any humanoids, and Koloshkora only knew of the aquatic humanoids that had been kidnapped," Carver offers. "In any event, be cautious out there."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:56 am

The next day, the party sets out to track down the chupacabra. As they make their way through the jungle, a writhing mass of legs and poisonous pincers is spotted, rolling across the ground in a deadly, undulating mass.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:58 am

After Kaimana is attacked by the swarm of centipedes, the party quickly determines that they are not equipped to face such a foe, and to return later, when they are more prepared. Some dried meat is tossed to the centipedes to keep them distracted, while the group flees.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:40 pm

The party decides to travel further along the coast, to another settlement mentioned by the Locathah. The island on which it is located soon comes into view, the most striking feature of it being the octagonal crystal tower with a jagged top that stands 170 feet high at its center.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:43 pm

"Huh, that tower looks worth checking out," Kaimana comments, blinking several times as he takes it in.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Machina Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Amissa frowns, looking at the tower. "I agree on principle, but I don't know if it's something we can reasonably do today. I haven't prepared any magic that would let us swim over to the island, and even if I had, I'm not sure it would last long enough to get us all the way there."
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next