Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy of Fire Gameplay

+2
Aviana
maswoon
6 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Legacy of Fire Gameplay Empty Legacy of Fire Gameplay

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:51 am

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Legacy of Fire Gameplay Empty Re: Legacy of Fire Gameplay

Post by maswoon Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:57 pm

<the team gets all of them. Yayyyy>
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:19 am

Upon rising higher up the tower, through the next opening stands a tall and imposing janni with darkly tanned, weather-beaten skin, a shaved head, and piercing, pale blue eyes, a quarterstaff with an icy blue glow in his hands. Flanking him are copies of Zayfid with his signature shock of orange hair. Without saying a word, the center janni raises his quarterstaff to fight.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Legacy of Fire Gameplay Empty Legacy of Fire Gameplay

Post by maswoon Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Giexmund is swift to act, with Felliped teleporting him into a prime position to launch an assault on the left set of Zayfids. Almost immediately as Giexmund throws, he realizes that they’re only illusions, and calls such out. ”Those Zayfids are fakes! They’re just soldiers is all!” He finishes his assault and once he has, half the group is down or dying.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:47 am

Mahvash notices a reaction from Vardishal and frowns. "Davashuum, then," she comments before Felliped teleports her. She strikes twice at the janni with the quarterstaff, both strikes landing cleanly. On the second attack, however, she notices something wrong and hisses. "This one is fake!" she shouts to the group, looking to the other three opponents with Zayfid's appearance instead.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Just as those words leave Mahvash's mouth, Giex first feels a hard, lightning charged crack on his left temple, knocking the senses out of him, just for five more blows to hammer his collar and ribs from the opposite side, all without any sound but that of wood striking flesh. Davashuum's invisble form dashes around the room, but Lydia uses a spell to enhance her vision and allow her to see him, permitting Mahvash an opportunity to anchor him to the material plane and leave him vulnerable for Krunk and Giexmund to tear apart after Nari removes his invisibility. The real Zayfid, similarly revealed, attempts to flee while ethereal, but is trapped in a cage of force by Nari, before being forced out of his state and slain as well, his body falling down the shaft to land in the basement with a dull thud.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:41 pm

"We'll want to clean that body up thoroughly," Mahvash comments, flying down to the fallen janni and considering. "Having to kill him a second time is unwelcome as is."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 pm

"Cremate him and scatter his ashes to the desert wind," Vardishal's voice echoes from Tempest. "Better than he deserves, but if we fed him to the hyenas they'd likely just become sick."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:22 am

After the geoup helps the girls reunite with their fathers, Kardswann awaits everyone outside. ”They’re both dead?” the massive janni asks.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:37 am

"Both dead," Mahvash confirms. "Though, there's still more work to do with Zayfid's body to ensure he stays that way."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:04 am

"Burning him? Good," Kardswann comments. "But... I would like to give Davashuum a proper burial. He was a good man, once, and I think that's worth remembering."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:32 pm

"I'm sure no one here would object," Mahvash answers with a nod. "Shall we retrieve the body, then?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:11 pm

"Let's," Kardswann agrees. "Then you have time to rest today afterwards. For tomorrow, I presume you plan on teleporting in? Have you given thought to where in the House you will drop yourselves?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:15 pm

"I'd like to teleport right to Zastoran and Almah, to make sure they're safe, and can't be used as hostages against us. We can send a message to them to try and find out where they are, or maybe scry on them." Nari signs. "We should also take advantage of the rest of the day to use what we've captured to make sure we have everything possible to use against Jhavul and his army."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:23 pm

"That may be difficult, if Jhavul was smart in his defenses," Kardswann warns. "He has talented mages with him who should have warded the deepest levels from teleportation. It's worth an attempt, I suppose, but I wouldn't expect success. In any case, we will also send some of our people, who will form a perimeter at the upper levels to prevent any of them from escaping. This time we wipe them out for good. Our group will include jann. If they try to escape on the ethereal plane, we will fight them there."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:33 pm

"In that case, it makes the most sense to teleport as close to the bottom as we can get." Lydia leans over the table, contemplating. "Ideally, we'd then find Almah and Zastoran on our way down. If not, then the rest of our forces would be able to rescue them. I'd also prefer it if they were safe and sound, them being hostages would be our second worst case scenario, but our first priority needs to be Jhavul regardless."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:52 pm

"If we can't gain the advantage of removing their hostages, I'm not sure we should allow ourselves to be surrounded, or make our only way of retreat be teleportation," Nari signs with a heavy frown. "So, if we can't rescue Zastoran and Almah straight away, I think it makes more sense to start at the top and work our way down," she finishes, looking unhappy at that conclusion.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:19 pm

As Lydia voices her opinion, Krunk sits and stares at each member of the group in turn, waiting for a reaction. After Nari finishes, he waits a moment or two and then accusingly asks, "So I go straight for Haleen, and everyone gets mad at me because it brought down all the guards and we got surrounded. We say teleport straight to that stupid kidnapped guy, and people whine because there's all these stupid limitations and concerns about being surrounded until we had the big lady wizard do it for us. And now the plan is to teleport somewhere in the middle of all the bad guys, close to the most dangerous idiot but not next to the hostages?" He looks around the room again, eyebrow raised. "And Nari's the only one who immediately says no? Sounds like some bullshit to me." The barbarian crosses his arms over his chest, shaking his head.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:25 pm

"I'm trying to get us to Jhavul to stop him as quickly and efficiently as possible. That is the first and foremost priority, everything else has to come second to that, both the rescue of the hostages and our own escape."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:43 pm

"I would like to live, actually," Mahvash comments drily as she passes by.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Rolling his eyes, Krunk replies, "It's not noble, it's just stupid. Any time I say to do something dangerous that might get us killed, every single one of you calls it stupid, so I'm not going to sit here and listen to this plan be called anything else but stupid and suicidal."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:06 am

"We've prevented a hostage-taking before," Felliped points out. "Also, like Kardswann said, they've likely blocked the room where Almah and Zastoran are, and if they've thought of that, surely they've also thought to block the room where Jhavul is. Nari, can you think of any way to remotely check where teleportation is blocked?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:15 am

"There's a few possibilities, but it's also possible they have magic in place to block that," Nari signs.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:38 am

"It's worth trying," Felliped hums thoughtfully. "Particularly because teleporting into a blocked area could be worse than just the spell failing, they could have set a trap so that it redirects us somewhere we don't want to go. Like lava."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:07 am

”I agree with Felliped,” Mahvash adds after a moment of silence. ”Nari, would you be able to set something up to handle this?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next