Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flameborn

5 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Flameborn Empty The Flameborn

Post by Ferret Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:54 pm

The Wizard's Grace tavern is Breachill's favored tavern for adventurers and those that want to be near them, and that's never more true than the day of a Call for Heroes. As you enter, it seems most of the notable figures in town are here for an early lunch before the big event, eating, talking, and generally having a good time as a young halfling woman darts nimbly around the crowd, serving up bowl after bowl before ducking back into the kitchen.

The Call is still an hour away, and yet it seems it's all anyone can think about.

[[This isn't pressure to finish your characters up folks, just giving everyone the ability to open up RP when they're ready. We'll go into the adventure proper when everyone has their sheets and backstories done and everyone is done with tavern RP, but there's no rush.]]

Last edited by Ferret on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

The Flameborn Empty Re: The Flameborn

Post by Eagleheart Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Sitting at the bar is Mateo, a muscular but friendly-looking human.

Mateo often comes here to people-watch, but today, he is probably one of the people being watched. Though not entirely a newcomer, he'd been here for just a little under two years, and yet he'd openly announced his intention to volunteer for the Call of Heroes- which had captured the attention of at least a few of his acquaintances.

...But that would come later.  For now, he's just hungry.

"Scuse me, miss Trinil, a bowl of stew, please" he says to the halfling. He has a big voice- easily heard, even in a crowded place.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:27 am

The halfling slips easily through the space between two dwarf merchants passing through the region and back towards the kitchen. "One beef and lentil, coming right up!" A few minutes later she returns, setting a bowl of stew with a large hunk of bread in front of Mateo. "Anything else while you've got me, Mr. Orello?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:32 am

"Hm, any special drinks today? Somethin' besides beer, though, if you please."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:43 am

"Our Green Ridge is pretty popular. Some say better than what you get at the Keg," Trinil replies, a challenging glint in her eye.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 am

"How 'bout you let me be the judge of that." Mateo chuckles.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:48 pm

The door opens after a moment. Two goblins, small but tough, head into the establishment. They find an empty booth near the bar. It seems the barmaid was busy with a large, muscular man, so the two had time to talk among themselves. "Ugh...it feels like my insides are tied into knots."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:35 pm

The elder goblin takes a seat in the booth next to the younger, taking her hand and squeezing gently. "Come on, this was your idea, wasn't it!
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Telv squeezes her sister's hand in return. "I know! I just...didn't expect this town to be so bustling for its size. What if someone else is chosen for the dragon missions?"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:54 pm

"Then maybe they could use some help! Or we could take some smaller job and see if we can get some useful books in the library!" Sayl looks around the bar, trying to catch sight of the barmaid "Maybe we should get something to eat while we wait, would that help you calm down?"
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:34 am

Orinda enters the tavern, a tall, slender woman with strawberry blonde hair, wearing the plain robes of a scholar. She looks around for someone to sit with and talk to while waiting for The Call, and spies Voz at the tavern as well. "Hi Voz, how've you been? Got your hands on any interesting books recently?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:04 am

Trinil chuckles and whistles to the bartender, who begins mixing up the drink. "That'll be right out."

In the meantime, she swings by the goblins' table. "Hey folks, what can I get for ya?"

Voz, a tall and slender elf with dark hair and eyes and a pale complexion, looks up from the book she had been reading. "Ms. Kohler," she nods politely. "I have one in my hands right now, as it were. A treatise on the commonalities between the Ascended, positing why they alone succeeded at what millions have failed at."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:06 am

"Oh, that's interesting. Have you gotten far enough into it to get an idea of the main points it lays out?" Orinda asks, taking a seat at Voz's table.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:16 am

"The usual drivel for these sorts of things," Voz frowns. "Tenacity, a single-minded goal, a level of recklessness beyond a typical mortal. In all honesty I'm finding it just names a number of character traits many of them had that none of the others did. Cayden might have been reckless to the point of stupidity and unwilling to quit in the face of peril, but he never intended to achieve godhood. Meanwhile Irori ascended through his obsession with perfection, but he was level-headed and patient. And then of course there's Norgober, who throws a wrench into the works because no one has any clue the kind of person he was as a mortal or a deity." She sighs. "To be honest I only picked this book up on my last trip to Elidir because it was on sale and somewhat uncommon, but I'll likely be shelving it in the discount section for all its scholarly value."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am

"Ah, that's a shame," Orinda comments. "I suppose there was a reason it was on sale in the first place. Have any new books on draconic lore reached your shelves? You know I'm always curious about those."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:25 am

"Alas, no," Voz shakes her head. "I do keep an eye out for you but there's nothing of particular note at the moment. You'll be the first to know if I do, though."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:29 am

"Thanks, I appreciate you keeping an eye out for me," Orinda says with a smile.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:18 am

Telv doesn't really respond to the first part of what her sister says. "Some food sounds nice right about now," Though no sooner does she say that then the barmaid appears! "Yeah, I'll take the house stew."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:52 am

Sayl looks back at Telv, mixed annoyance and concern at being brushed off, but opts not to press the issue yet. "The stew sounds good," she says, without looking to the barmaid.

After a moment, however, she looks back out over the tavern, this time wondering how many of the faces she sees are actually responding to the Call, and how many were simply caught up in the excitement...
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:08 am

Trinil nods and leaves, returning with two bowls of stew and a hunk of bread each for the goblins before moving on to Orinda and Voz's table. "Orinda, good to see you," she smiles warmly. "Can I get you something?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:23 am

"Oh, sure, I'll go for the stew," Orinda says to Trinil. "It's one of the things I look forwards to on the days of the Call, after all. And some water to drink too, please."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:25 am

"Comin' right up," Trinil nods, darting away before returning with a bowl of stew and a glass of water after effortlessly sliding between the legs of a half-orc. "Here ya go Orinda. Voz, you sure I can't get you anything?" The elf waves Trinil away, still engrossed in her book, and the halfling shrugs and moves on.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:10 am

At a quarter to noon, the sound of a bell tolling comes from the southeast, the direction of town hall. The townsfolk eagerly rise and begin shuffling outside. Once outside, the crowd plows towards a stone bridge leading to a massive marble-paved circle. Around it stand six deep wells that the nearby residents and businesses rely on for fresh water. In the center of the ring is an elegant, 15-foot-tall bronze statue of a wizard with long, flowing hair and a closely cropped beard, standing in a heroic pose. As you move through the circle with the crowd, you realize that everyone seems to be coordinating with each other some, muttering to each other, and by the time you're on the other side they've rearranged themselves so that the four of you stand in front. Opposite the circle from the bridge is a large building with another small crowd outside its closed doors, probably bringing the total to around 50 or 60, many of whom are small children.

Once you join this new crowd, the coordinated mingling breaks off-this seems only to have had the purpose of showing you, the new faces, off to the others so people know who to look for. Immediately you're swarmed by the children, eagerly asking questions about adventuring or your equipment or, in the case of the sisters, what goblins are like.

Separate from all of this, directly in front of the doors is a goblin dressed in a delicate white robe and oversized black cap, a large silver butterfly hanging from around her neck. She's muttering as she paces in front of the doors.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:21 pm

Mateo goes along with the procession, though he soon begins to wonder why he, Orinda, and the two goblins have suddenly become the center of attention. Still, he manages a nervous smile for the children, though his eyes are fixed on the goblin in front of the doors. He especially notices the butterfly emblem - "A goblin priest of Desna...?" he wonders aloud to himself.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Telv grins at the children! "Being a goblin is great! We set stuff on fire, have little rules, and love pickles....Oh! Also jumping off stuff is super great!"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next