Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron Gods - Gameplay Thread

+2
Nobody7713
Shinigami02
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Iron Gods - Gameplay Thread Empty Iron Gods - Gameplay Thread

Post by Shinigami02 Sun May 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Eight days have passed since the purple flames that gave the town of Torch its name mysteriously went out, the same day Councilman, and owner of the Foundry Tavern, Khonnir Baine discovered caves beneath Black Hill, the site of the now-cold torch. Since then many of the town's citizens have been plagued by mysterious headaches with no apparent source.

Two days ago Khonnir led an expedition into the caves, his second such expedition, to attempt to find the reason the torch when out. Like three of the four expeditions before him, all but his own first trip, the third expedition, no one has returned.

Yesterday, fearing the worst, Khonnir's young adopted daughter Val closed the Foundry to all but the couple guests her father already had staying there, instead offering the sizable establishment as a base camp for any would-be rescuers of her father. The remaining members of the council have started offering a reward, 400 silverdisks for the safe return of Khonnir's body, and the Resurrection scroll they had set aside for him if, hope against hope, he should be returned alive. Quickly-assembled fliers are posted all over town advising any who would wish to undertake this clearly dangerous task come speak to the Council.

Today, as the sun ascends into the sky, a group gathers at the Foundry, including Khonnir's guests, to plan their own expedition into the Black Hill Caves.

Silverdisks:
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Iron Gods - Gameplay Thread Empty Re: Iron Gods - Gameplay Thread

Post by Nobody7713 Sun May 03, 2020 9:16 pm

A platinum-haired elven man with ice blue eyes sits at the edge of the room, scanning through a thick spellbook while awaiting for the others to arrive, longbow slung over the back of his seat. He notes each arrival in turn and greets them with a quiet nod before returning to his studies, but doesn't say anything, never one for small talk.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Sun May 03, 2020 9:34 pm

A vaguely humanoid blue scaled snake sits on a bench in the room, her tail coiled beneath it. Her arms are crossed over her breastplate, and, though her face is hard to read, she seems to be expressing some level of concern. A large maul styled battle hammer rests on its head next to her. She eyes everyone who enters, but thus far hasn't spoken up.
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sun May 03, 2020 10:02 pm

The bell tings as a large gnoll enters with a halberd on her back. She seems a bit jumpy and takes a seat in the middle of the tavern as she can get.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon May 04, 2020 4:13 am

A second chime not too long after signals the arrival of a vulpine lady of average height, orange fur and raven hair, tucking a pendant beneath the lip of her armor; the armor itself mostly hidden beneath a light, thigh-length robe and a sash, the latter of which also serves to hold her katana at her side. Eyes glimmering golden scan the room calmly, returning the elf's nod, selecting a table apart from the Sherifa to await the last of their group, allowing the jumpy gnoll some space.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed May 06, 2020 12:08 pm

A dwarven man sits at the bar, sipping at a mug of something strong-smelling seemingly more to busy himself than for any practical purpose. Coiled around one leg of his barstool is a small red lizard, currently taking a nap.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed May 06, 2020 12:10 pm

The humanoid snake rises from her bench spot a few moments after the fox lady sits down. "I do believe that's everyone who was scheduled to come today. For Khonnir's sake we should get down to business."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Wed May 06, 2020 4:19 pm

"And with luck, we'll find out what happened to the torch in the process," the kitsune adds.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed May 06, 2020 4:22 pm

”We need to be cautious,” Quin speaks up, his voice soft and measured. ”If something could be a problem for Khonnir, then it poses a grave threat to us as well.”

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed May 06, 2020 4:25 pm

"...Indeed, He's a skilled mage and we're naught but a band of people bound by common interest" The gnoll speaks quietly, those far away from her might need to strain to hear her.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Thu May 07, 2020 11:22 am

"Even if we limit ourselves to rescuing him, his expedition, and the others before, should have paved the way already. The threats we face should be significantly lesser for their attempts."
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Thu May 07, 2020 11:23 am

"We can only hope. Obviously whatever keeps them down there will still be present though. So we should all be prepared for fighting and traps."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu May 07, 2020 2:30 pm

”Regardless, we do need to know what one another are capable of, if we are to rely on one another,” Quin points out, speaking matter-of-factly. ”I was studying the arcane arts with Khonnir and know how to use a bow, and I know that Digsby is just as good a shot as myself,” he adds with a respectful nod to the dwarf.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu May 07, 2020 2:41 pm

"Aye, I am somethin' of a crack shot," Digsby nods. "I've got a little magic in me too, and my secret weapon here." He nudges Skovik with his foot, and she stirs, looks at him with thinly veiled contempt, and returns to her nap.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Thu May 07, 2020 2:43 pm

"I'm strong and can hit things fairly hard? I know I'm a little soft spoken but I actually have quite the temper," The gnoll says, "My name is Sherifa Rageborne, if you didn't know."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Thu May 07, 2020 2:46 pm

"Seski, though I'm sure you've already heard of the snake person in town. People aren't exactly quiet about it," Seski adds. "I am strong, good with a hammer, and I have a fair amount of alchemical knowledge."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Thu May 07, 2020 11:05 pm

Yakaika nods to her katana, "I am trained in the use of my blade as well as it's creation, with the hope that those twin disciplines could lead me to true mastery of both."
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun May 10, 2020 10:22 am

"Then we need to decide how we want to approach this," Quin continues. "I would suggest retracing Khonnir's steps to begin, then reevaluating and adapting as circumstances change."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon May 11, 2020 1:53 pm

"Straightforward, obvious, but sometimes the obvious way is the true way," she nods in agreement.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon May 11, 2020 4:27 pm

Digsby nods, downs the remainder of his mug, and stands. "Well then, what're we waitin' for? Khonnir ain't gonna rescue hisself."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon May 11, 2020 5:04 pm

Caves like the ones Khonnir found tend to become the talk of the town. Even more so when four expeditions into said caves go missing in a single week. As such, the group easily knows where to find the caves: at the bottom of the Weeping Pond.

Heading to the pond themselves, the group finds the elderly councilman Joram Kyte there, stretched out on a chair, his holy symbol of a mask with a distinctive rune on its forehead hanging plain on his chest, a rod planted in the sand at his side, and a reflective metal plate held at an angle in his hands. Cracking an eye at the sound of their feet (and other appendages) on the sand, he looks over the group of would-be rescuers. "Here to tackle the caves are ya?" He asks, setting the plate aside.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Mon May 11, 2020 5:06 pm

Seski nods. "Call us fools if you like given the number of deaths lately, but we can't leave this be. If there's any chance the missing expeditions live, we have to save them."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon May 11, 2020 5:24 pm

"Fools? Whisper, no. Well, maybe a little, but 'm hopin' ya will be more'n that. Ol' Baine's my closest friend, and anyone who thinks they kin bring him back alive is aight in my books," He says, standing. "I'm here to help ya in fact. The caves're deep after all, so less'n any o' ya kin breathe water, aught to bunch up for a moment," He continues, pulling the rod from the sand. After a moment with only one counter-claim, for the drakeling, he steps up and, holding rod and symbol high, casts a spell on the party.

"There, now ya kin breathe the water as fine as the air. Now there's five o' ya, so this's gonna be a bit tighter than most. I'd recommend ya be back on dry land in, oh, a bit less than 5 hours or so," He says, stepping back out of the way. "Don't wanna be caught low and wet on the other end when it runs out after all. And be careful how much o' that there water ya take in, it hasn't run through ol' Crowfeather yet, so it might leave ya feelin' a bit sick. Hurry through and it shouldn't be too bad though. And if any o' ye get beat up, ya kin usually find me o'er at the temple, on the other side of the Hill. Big place, lots of chimes, surely ya can't miss it. I'll even offer a discount on healin' services, seein' as how ya're tryin' to save m' best friend," He finishes, picking up his plate and starting for the road.

Diving in, the group makes it into the cave with no real trouble, not even brushing up against any fish. After swimming through a moderately long tunnel, they climb out of the depths onto a shoreline cutting across a 10-foot high cavern. Rays of sunlight trace down from some unseen hole above, illuminating a rocky beach, with scorch marks scattered across. Across the cavern a cliff climbs starkly from the beach. A moment after they are out of the depths, a clattering sound echoes as three beetles each the size of a large dog climb out of cracks and crevices, clacking their mandibles in the direction of the group.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri May 15, 2020 4:05 pm

The group dismisses the trio of beetles with little effort, and at Quin's suggestion, they each harvest a gland from the beetles and hang the glands from belts or other similar locations to provide the group with much needed lighting in the cave.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri May 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Making their way up the cliff through Yakaika's nimbleness and the help of some well-placed stalactites, the group follows the tracks of previous expeditions.

A collection of stalactites and stalagmites choke this low-ceilinged cavern, making it difficult to squeeze between them. Matching stalactites close in from the five-foot-high ceiling, giving the impression of a maw of needlelike teeth bearing down on one another. A dead half-orc sprawls on the ground near the cave’s eastern entrance.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next