Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of Ashes

+2
Ambrosia
minicabbit
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Age of Ashes Empty Age of Ashes

Post by Perci Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:36 am

The valley sheltered town of Breachhill is abuzz with acitivity today, particularly around the Wizard's Grace Tavern, a favorite among visiting adventurers, and the Town Hall a stone's throw down the road, for today is the town's monthly Call for Heroes, and the residents are trading stories of heroes past - and hoping to meet those in town today that would join those ranks.

With the call still an hour away, the lion's share of the activity is still within the tavern, and despite the extra traffic, there's still tables and seats to be found; the serving maid handling the rush with practiced ease, flitting from patron to patron taking and delivering orders to and from the kitchen.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Age of Ashes Empty Re: Age of Ashes

Post by Shinigami02 Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:35 am

Seated in a sideways-turned chair, against the wall opposite the door, is a woman with long black hair, golden eyes that shine softly in the torchlight, and somewhat roughened leather armor. Leaning back to rest against the wall, one hand holding a mug of ale while the other rests on the back of the chair, a flicker of torchlight glints off the barrel of a firearm holstered at her hip. Raising the mug slightly, she downs the rest of it, before raising her other hand off the chair back to flag down a waitress and order a replacement.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:42 am

One of the serving maids is a tall woman with short brown hair. Locals will recognize her as Adelle Baudin - another local who's recently been busying herself by doing various jobs around town.

...It's almost time. Her restlessness has almost paid off.

For now, she approaches the leather-armored woman with the firearm. "Isn't that a fancy weapon! You're here for the Call, I take it? What can I get for you?"
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:15 am

"Good eye, good guess, and another mug of ale, The woman says, laughing. "All too many people I meet can't even tell it's a weapon, some even think it's a fancy smoking pipe." The woman eyes up the waitress, before giving her a wide grin. "So, since you seem to know something about the tools of an adventurer, what about you? You goin' to the Call?"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:20 am

"Gods, I hope so. This is the first time anything interesting has happened here since... well, a long time ago, I bet." Adelle chuckles. "I'll be right back with your ale."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:03 am

A young lady gently pushes open the door, her nerves preceding her as she enters. She peers around with a squint, her eyes white as the distant stars in stark contrast to her skin, almost an absence of light in comparison. She stands there for a few moments and, thinking better of just staying stood still, she makes for a slightly more shadowed corner of the tavern. She is the very picture of nerves, bumping into a few patrons and stammering out apologies as she goes. She bears no armor, though looks well enough prepared with a crossbow slung at her back and a large quarrel of bolts. Her outfit is a mix of posh frills and practical stylings, a strange mix between nobility and adventure-ready. She takes a seat at an unoccupied table and scans the room once more, her clothing and eyes the only real thing betraying that she's there at all. Her hands busy themselves as she takes out a small, whitewood box, setting herself to fretting over it.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:36 am

In stark contrast, a goblin enters not too long after. She wears simple pants and her top is more an assortment of bandages rather than anything intended for clothing. She possess shoulder length blonde hair and has an easy smile with a greataxe strapped to her back. She yawns a little and makes for the bar. "You got anything energizing?"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:47 am

A stark white kobold sits nearby at the bar, set on a hightop chair and distractedly scribbling in a notebook between sips at some hot cider. Every once in a while she obliges one of the barmaids with a small puff of cold, frozen air to an otherwise warm bottle or mug, giggling quietly. She looks up from her notebook as the goblin joins her among the hightops.
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:46 am

Moving through the tavern, Adelle stares at the kobold a bit more than is really appropriate, but soon wills herself back to work. She delivers the gunslinger's drink and then makes her way around to take more orders. "Energizing? Like coffee?" she says to the goblin. "Or if it's food you want, we make a mean stew."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:10 pm

The kobold, Vale, stretches a bit and looks to the barmaid at the mention of stew. "Something a bit meaty I'd hope? Needs something good for the event later." she rasps out, chilly blue eyes catching sight of the woman in the corner and the intricate little box in her hands.
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:13 pm

The goblin thinks for a moment. "Both? I pulled an all-nighter to get here on time" She turns to the kobold. "Do you work here too?"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:01 pm

Vale shakes her head, "A visitor, but I come to the bar when I can for the nice cider..."
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:37 pm

"Two stews and a coffee... and a cider," Adelle says with some hesitation. "I'll get right on it."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:39 pm

"Nice. Me too, I'm going for the Call so I can check out that Hellknight installation"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:20 am

The young lady, having finally finished fretting fervently over the small box, moves to put it back into it's holding satchel, though drops it a bit unceremoniously in the dark. Her eyes scan and in that same moment, a minor yelp of pain escapes... something. She apologizes profusely in a harsh and hissing tongue, and she recollects the box and stows it safely away, her nerves alight once more. She makes for the crossbow hanging at her back and places it on the table. She takes her time to inspect its' every facet, absorbed in her work.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:52 am

The gunslinger against the back wall, Gin, casts one shimmering glance at the dark corner, before turning her attention to the odd pair at the bar. Taking her drink with her, she makes her way over to a seat on the other side of the kobold from the goblin, making it just in time to hear the goblin's last comment. "Wouldn't take a goblin for a Hellknight enthusiast," She comments, hopping up backwards on the barstool to lean backwards against the bar, and taking a sip of her ale. "Or most non-humans for that matter. Not exactly a friendly bunch to those that don't meet their ideals."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:19 am

The kobold nods softly to the gunslinger. "I'm more looking to help fund my research further." she closes her notebook, a hastily drawn dragon depicted on the front of it. A bit of a closer look at the kobold might show off some thicker patches of draconic scales here and there.
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:29 am

Adelle returns just in time to see Vale's drawing. "What is it with kobolds and dragons, anyway?" she says, probably earning herself a few nasty looks. "...sorry. Here's your drinks and your stew."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:33 am

"Hey now, nothing wrong with Dragons, provided they're not the kind that go burnin' down towns for no good reason. Our friend here is the closest I've been to seeing one myself, not exactly common in the Wastes, but I've heard plenty of stories about the good ones out there," Gin counters. "Scales like burnished metal, eyes like molten pools, their natural inclination towards doing right, so many kindly old sages or mysterious strangers in the stories were often the good dragons."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:41 am

Vale gives a bit of a toothy smile before sipping at the new mug of cider given to her. "Dragons can vary here or there, depends on the region, depends on upbringing. I even have some dragon in me blood! But dragons are also big beautiful creatures..." she chirps and stops herself before she continues rambling, adjusting on her stool to eat some of the stew that was brought before her. "Name is, chhrrrr, Vale!" she says between delighted mouthfuls of stew.
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:56 am

Helga chomps down on some stew and coffee. "Name's Helga! And there's more reasons than favoritism to study something~"She counters Gin's early comment
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:11 pm

"Gin, and I guess you have a point," Gin replies. "It's less interesting if you're studying something you're not into though."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:13 pm

Adelle pipes up, "My name's Adelle Baudin. I hope to be joinin' you at the Call."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:25 pm

Though seemingly engrossed in her work, an ever so slight mistake sends the crossbow skittering off the table as the firing mechanism goes off, earning some assumed hellish curses from the young woman as she collects it off the ground. For a mercy, it wasn't loaded at least, and now she knows it fires. She collects herself to the best of her abilities and steps toward the bar, slinging the crossbow across her back as she does and setting herself down at one of the stools to the right of the gathered folk with an artificial smoothness. "I, uh. Perchance heard the word study and thought I might join the crowd up here." She breathes deep and finally allows herself a moments' relaxation. "Academia is a passion of mine, even if I don't fully grasp it *all* the time. So many things to dig up, minor details lost to time or hidden away, you know how it is." She recognizes she seems to have barged in a bit late to the conversation, and sheepishly grins. "My name is, um, Conferva. It's nice to meet you all, by the by. I've my own, reasons, to be here, but none of them dastardly, I assure you! This, Call thing, it affords me the opportunity to learn some things others may not even know about, and that excites me! And the chance to help honest folk out is never something I could pass up on, either."
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:24 pm

"Finished with what you were workin' on back in the corner, huh? Guess we've got a regular batch of scholars here," Gin laughs, before taking another swig and adjusting her back on the bar to look better at her new conversation companions. "Well, not so much myself. I've picked up bits and pieces here and there of course, but most of my knowledge is of a more practical sort," She continues, patting a pouch opposite her gun, which rattles slightly at the agitation. "Mostly came along here just for some excitement, since I was in the area and heard about it. Not every town is so friendly to adventurers after all."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum