Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

+2
maswoon
Drekkle
6 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:49 pm

"History, government, mathematics, magic stuff, religion, " Selli replies, rattling them off quickly, turning back around and lowering her sword. "I like the history of battles and stuff, but it always ends in like. Treaties and deals and all that and that's boooring. So's all the other stuff."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Turning to Nicolaus, Josie asks, "How often do you train with Selli and show her new moves for her to work on?"
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:33 pm

"We spend one afternoon a week learning new techniques, and an hour every evening drilling what we know," Nicolaus explains. "Always after she's done her other learning, though," he adds.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Tapping her finger lightly against her chin as she thinks, Josie smiles and says, "How about this then? If Selli does a particularly good job with her studies, once a month one of us could come over and have a little training session with her. I certainly wouldn't mind visiting to teach her more about archery."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:43 pm

Selli spins around with wide eyes. "Would you really? That would be soo coool!" She all but bounces up and down in excitement.

Baron Okerra hums and nods, smiling wide. "My home's open for you to visit whenever you'd like, if you want to come teach Selli I would be very grateful. But only," he fixes a stern gaze on his daughter, "If she tries very hard at her studies."

"I promise!" Selli beams, rocking back and forth.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Softly giggling at the girl's excitement, Josie replies, "It's a deal then. Just send us a message when Selli's held up her end of the bargain and we'll figure out a time that works for both of us." Josie squats down to Selli's height and extends a hand to seal the deal.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:53 pm

Selli extends her own hand, the right one with all its fingers, then clasps Josie's firmly and shakes. "I will do that. I may just ride over myself to pass the message along," Nicolaus replies with a smile.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Adelaide spends, it turns out, a little too long considering how to answer the girl and Josie's proposal seems to land well. Smiling, Adelaide adds her own thoughts since it's better late than never. "And who knows, you may find your studies more relevant to your swordplay than you realized at first," she adds with a smile. "Mathematics, for instance - when I've been in an actual battle, being able to mathematically determine how my opponent will move and how I would be most effective in moving has been quite helpful. And the more you learn of different cultures, the more likely you are to find a combat style that suits you. I fell into a very Taldan style myself, but some of my peers learned other ways they preferred."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:22 pm

Selli listens closely, humming, "Maaaybe, I'll try it and see if you're right," she replies, sounding slightly doubtful about combining her studies with swordplay. After that, everyone says their goodbyes, and the Betony heirs find themselves back home at nearly midnight.

The trip and night pass uneventfully, and come morning, with the realization that nothing demands their immediate attention, the group decides to check out the rumours of an angry lake spirit. However, once they step off the highway near the lake and begin to make their way into the forest, bright, swaying lights appear all around them, and a silvery arrow thuds into the ground at their feet. "'Nobles' of Taldor, you have transgressed against me for the last time! Leave my lake, leave these lands, or the next arrow will not be a warning shot!"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Corey's eyebrows shoot to the top of his forehead when the arrow hits the ground. "Well hey, hold on now," he calls back. "How's about insteada threatenin' and firin' weapons, we all talk like rational folk?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:14 pm

"I've 'talked' with enough of your kind, you lie, you cheat, and you destroy!" the voice calls back.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:48 pm

”We mend and heal as well. I don’t know what happened to you, but if you don’t give us a bridge to help, you’re only ever going to see the worst of humans. It may ring hollow, but I don’t want it to end that way,” Momo calls back. ”My weapons are put away, see? Can we talk through this?”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:52 pm

The lights go out and there's a long silence before the voice calls out again. "Come to the lake, I will hear your case."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:05 pm

”That’s all we can ask for,” Momo replies, before looking back to her fellows. ”So which way’s the lake?”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:14 am

”North, only a few minutes off,” Adelaide answers before dropping her volume. ”Based on those lights, we may be dealing with a mage rather than a spirit, but it’s a bit early to be sure yet.” As she turns to consider if there’s anything else, she sees Corey has brought... an animal? How lost in thought was I on the way here? ”Corey, let’s discuss that later,” she adds, gesturing to the goat and walking off towards the lake.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:27 pm

At the edge of the lake stands a woman with short blonde hair, a long, swan feather cloak, and a shining breastplate, who calls out in the same voice that had been echoing through the trees. "I am Atratus, and this is my lake. Why are you here?"

-------

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=71

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40