Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ironfang Invasion

5 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ironfang Invasion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Ironfang Invasion

Post by minicabbit Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:10 pm

Lilith steps past Kroza. "I think we should think about a safe place to sleep tonight before worrying about that, Kroza." She glances over the villagers she's spent several years among, picking out a few recognizable faces, happy her own family left some years ago. "While the bridge may keep them at bay for now, we have to contend with the forest. Aubrin, can you get us somewhere safe to rest? You and I have spent our spells, and I think everyone here could use a place to lay their heads, if but shortly."
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:31 pm

"...right." Kroza frowns. She isn't sure what came over her... maybe she was just projecting her own desire to fight for Kraggodan.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 pm

"Yes. A lot of the forest is unknown to us, but the inner fringes are more than safe enough, and hidden from prying eyes too. We could find a lot of places to hide." Aubrin looks into the trees, and leads the group to a more than functional clearing, and helps the villagers get temporary shelters built, giving the group a safe camp for the night.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:07 pm

As the ashen day draws into quiet night, Lilith grows a bit uncomfortable, content to change her shape at night when she's alone at home. A small handful of villagers that came with the following know of her true form, and hope that they can vouch for what she's about to do. As the following and new companions settle around the small campfire, smoke shrouded by the canopy of the forest, she releases her armor and sets aside her equipment, adjusting her outfit. "Would anyone care for a bit of entertainment? A handful of you all have seen me dance a few times, maybe I can raise your spirits a touch."
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Those that have seen Lilith dance before turn to watch, though the rest seem disinterested, until Jet exclaims, "Oh, that sounds like a wonderful idea, Lilith! Would you mind if I provided some music with it?"
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:14 pm

Lilith perks up and nods, smiling. "For some of you this may be a tad... unusual." she explains, giggling softly. She makes a bit of space for herself, prepping a spell as she gets ready. Lilith forms four small balls of light in her hands, releasing them to float freely beside her and provide a small amount of light. "At your cue, Jet."
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:14 pm

Jicsa perks up, looking up from the alchemical tinkering she'd been doing towards the woman. "Oh, you dance? That's, like, totally awesome!" She exclaims, turning her full attention towards the performance.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Jet begins a steady rhythm that quickly leads into a cheerful, upbeat tavern song.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Alice watches from the treeline, leaning against a solid trunk, being too cool for school.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:42 pm

Lilith exhales softly, the orbs of light starting to bounce slowly around her as she unties her scarf and begins to dance to the music. She weaves her scarf through the air about her, lights dancing in tandem. As the shadows from the scarf weaving over her body cover certain parts, there are flashes of golden fur in the light before returning to skin a second later.

As the dance progresses, fur stays in place, claws forming on her fingers, a tail and vulpine visage forming on her face. Lilith is a kitsune, having kept this form secret from most of those around her for years. The dance continues a while longer, trying to quietly gauge the reactions of those around her until it ends, the orbs of light hovering around her.
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Alice definitely notices the kitsune now. She watches intently from her spot at the tree.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm

While she misses some of the finer details of the danceformation due to the shimmering assault of wondrous magical colors on her eyes, Jicsa squees in delight at the finished product, abandoning her makeshift lab to approach the vulpine dancer. "Omigods that was beautiful! And you're beautiful! And, like, totally so FLUFFY," She says, one hand half extended in the general direction of Lilith's tail.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Kroza blinks several times as she sees Lilith's new form. "...I'm so sorry to be rude, but... what are you?"
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by minicabbit Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:09 pm

Lilith relaxes a moment to catch her breath, quickly thanking Jet for the music. "I'm a kitsune. Most of my kind live in the eastern regions, similar to where Alice comes from. I was captured by slavers as a child and escaped, to be adopted by my family who brought us here eventually." she explains. She's a bit flustered by Jicsa, tail swishing nervously. Her eyes shine a brighter blue behind her glasses than before, gazing over the small crowd of survivors. "I-I hope you all enjoyed the dance." she bows softly.
minicabbit
minicabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:22 pm

There's an almost stunned silence, before the crowd applauds, the show definitely seemed to lift their spirits at least a little, and none of them seem to care an undue amount about the kitsune's true form.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:09 pm

The second morning after they've camped in the woods, everyone but Lilith hears someone running through the trees seconds before a bedraggled man crashes out of the undergrowth into the camp, though everyone hears the immediate scream of fear as he notices all of you.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:32 pm

"Who are you?" Alice says, pulling out her greatsword
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:35 pm

"Woah now Alice," Jicsa says, stepping towards the man and scanning him over visually. "He, like, totally isn't a hobgoblin. So, like, he's probably on, like, our side. Hey guy, you can stop screaming," She says, the last part to the screaming newcomer.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:58 pm

The man seems like he'll bolt at any minute, particularly as Alice draws her blade, but Jisca manages to defuse the situation, for the moment...

"I'm... My name is Edran, and I'm a traveler from Taldor, who was staying in the Taproot when... That happened, a couple nights ago. I managed to sneak out, but I almost ran into a hobgoblin with a scarred face," Edran shivers in remembered terror, "as he... He ripped a man in half... The screams..."
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm

"I'm sorry for what you've been through, but you're safe now," says Kroza.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Alice puts away her sword. "We're much in the same boat then..."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:02 pm

"Is.. is this all of you? Is nobody going to come help us?"
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:15 am

"This is all of us yes," Jicsa replies. "Well, like, except for those two you sent on their way, Alice. You, like, sent them East, right? Like, they'll totally send help once they, like, reach a large town or something."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:47 pm

"Really? How long do you think that's gonna take? And, are you three the leaders here or something?"
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:54 am

Jicsa gives an exaggerated shrug. "Hard to say. It, like, depends on whether anyone really, like, cares about a small town in the backwoods of Nirmathas. And, like, if anyone does, like, it totally takes time to build up an army," She says, but gives the man a wide smile. "But hey, I'm, like, totally an optimist, so I'm, like, sure it'll all work out in the end."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next