Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Oraim: Adventures

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pokemon Oraim: Adventures - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokemon Oraim: Adventures

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:49 pm

”I’m always willing to help for food,” Espeon says. Espeon begins to walk off. Once out of view he jumps up to spy into some windows. Let’s see why she’s here today.
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 am

As the Professor finishes introducing the two, his assistant arrives, the final person he was waiting for.  "And this makes three," he comments as Josie enters the station.  "Thank you for coming, Josie," he acknowledges, "I hope the walk from Mosset wasn't too bad.  Okay, now that everyone's here..." he trails off as he begins to pat down his lab coat, "where are my notes?"  After a minute, the Professor produces a small stack of flash cards, which Josie recognizes as the Professor's cliffnotes to new Trainers.  "Okay, so--ahem.  Welcome to the world of Poke--wait, no, they skip that one."  The Professor flips through the cards, trying to find his place.  "No 'welcome', 'My name is Profess--' no, uh... okay we'll start here."  He then returns his attention to the three youths in front of him.

"For the ones who don't know," he begins once more, as if giving a speech "my specialty is studying the living history of people and Pokemon here in the Oraim region.  Every interaction we have with those around us changes the world we live in, for better or worse.  I try to unravel the mysteries behind what we and Pokemon have done and what we're capable of together.  That's what I do.  ...Uh," the Professor hesitates, referring back to his prompts.  After a bit more flipping, the Professor pauses and shrugs before stowing the cards back in his lab coat.

"Alright, so," he continues, his tone much less formal with his speech over.  "After giving it some thought, I going to propose that the three of you take your journey through Oraim together.  By going on this adventure together," he explains, "you'll each learn how to cooperate with others better, as well as have friends by your side when things get tough.  Of course," he adds, "that's just a suggestion.  I won't force you three to work together if you don't wish too, however I highly do recommend it.  A lot of recent Trainers have left as groups, and they've had better experiences overall than those who tough it out alone.  What do you three think?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Lani sizes the others up, before nodding approvingly. "You both look like you can handle yourselves. Just one question first, though: what kind of journey are you going on?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakeWrangler Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:32 pm

"Er, not 'mister', if you would..." Harper's irritated scowl breaks momentarily as they shift for a brief moment.

They shake their head and turn their attention to the girl who addressed them, arms crossed."Anyway. I'm going to sweep the Pokemon League, what else?"

SnakeWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:04 am

"I'm going for both the League and the Grand Festival. See it all, do it all, experience everything you know?" Josie says, with a wide grin. "Live life to the fullest while I have it."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:24 am

"Heh," Lani chuckles. "So I guess that makes us all rivals then. Alright, might as well keep my friends close and my enemies closer, y'know? I'll be happy to travel with you guys, just as long as you know that when it comes time for the Championship, I'm gonna sweep both of you."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:27 am

"You're welcome to try, but I think you'll find we put up more of a fight than you think," Josie replies, grin not wavering as she indicates Tartarus with one hand.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 am

The Professor notices Harper's irritation and makes a quick mental note while the three reveal their aims for the Championship.  "Okay, okay, let's simmer down," Cypress suggests, waving at them to calm down.  "Let's not start a fight in the Warden's station.  There'll be plenty of time for rivalry and competition while you three are on the road.  Competitiveness aside, it sounds like you all wouldn't mind travelling together, so in that case," he pauses, returning to his lab coat, "I have something for each of you."  The Professor then retrieves three red, handheld devices.  They're about the size of a smartphone, with a glass screen covered by a durable plastic casing that flips over it for protection.  "This is the Pokedex given out to Trainers in the Oraim region," the Professor explains, offering them to the Trainers.  "They used to be given out so that travelling Trainers could help fill in the entries, however we've long since cataloged the species that live here.  Now, its used as a database or Trainers to refer to, both for research and during battles.  I'm sure having one would come in handy, so I'd like you each to have one."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:32 pm

"Oh cool, get to see some of the fruits of my observation," Josie says with excitement, accepting the dex.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakeWrangler Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:18 pm

"Mm." Harper thumbs through the Pokedex's interface, attempting to familiarize themself with the software. "Thanks much, Professor."

Pocketing the device, Harper turns to face the other two that received the dexes. "I don't believe I ever agreed to travel with them, though."

SnakeWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Lani shrugs. "Journey with us, don't, it's no skin off my nose my dude. Just remember my name, because it'll be the person who kicks your ass in the race to the top."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:32 pm

"Come now, there's no need to fight here, now. We'll have plenty of time to face each other on the circuit, even if we don't wind up traveling together," Josie says, with a laugh. "I think we could have a lot of fun travelling together though, but it is up to you."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakeWrangler Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:07 pm

"Yeah, sure, already got it memorized. I'll be sure you list you as my first victory in my Champion memoirs, Harper scoffs. They cross their arms to try and put on an air of confidence, all while thinking, Shit, shit, shit, what's her name! Dammit, I already forgot...

Harper quickly reviews their options in their head. I don't actually know anyone here... Maybe just for now. They scowl at no one in particular as they came to this conclusion. They'd much prefer to run alone, but at least for now, that could be problematic in an unfamiliar region.

"Fine. I could be convinced to come along with the two of you, so long as you aren't a hindrance," Harper says, shrugging in mock aloofness.

SnakeWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 pm

The Professor attempts to hide an amused smile.  "At least you three aren't wanting for enthusiasm," he comments, handing Lani the last Pokedex.  "Now, before I leave for Mosset, if you three will follow me for a moment," he instructs, directing the three to the counter manned by the large Warden.  "Now, here," the Professor begins, "is something that you three might find helpful.  As you know, this is the Silverport Warden station, and the Wardens are vital to Oraim.  They help protect humans and Pokemon from danger, as well as the environment they live in--which ranges from fighting threats to helping Skitty down from trees.  Still," he continues, gesturing to the Warden behind the desk who chuckled at the Skitty comment, "the Wardens can't be everywhere at once, which is why they've built stations like these across the region.  While the actual Wardens handle the more dangerous and critical assignments," the Professor explains, "they leave the more mundane jobs for Trainers willing to lend a hand."

"--But we offer rewards for those," the secretarial Warden adds, interrupting the Professor's explanation.  "Most jobs we take on have money or valuable items that the poster gives to us should someone finish the task.  'Course, we keep it so that newer Trainers like yourselves don't take on anything too risky, but you'll be rewarded just the same."

"...It's also a valuable learning experience," the Professor resumes, hesitating after the Warden gives his piece, "as well as a good way to make a name for yourself as an upstanding Trainer.  Helping people, even for a reward, is still something people remember, and a great way to show that you're someone people can trust.  Oraim was founded on the ideas of helping those around you, whoever or whatever they could be, and the bounty board is one way that value persists today."  With his explanation finished, the Professor takes a deep breath and lets out a tired sigh.  "That should cover everything I wanted to let you three know before you set off on your journeys.  Does anyone have any questions before I head back to Mosset Town?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakeWrangler Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:46 pm

Harper checks the time on their phone briefly. "Mm. I'll see if anything catches my eye. I do actually have a question, though - which way to the first gym badge?"

SnakeWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Cypress, his patience starting to wear thin, runs a hand through his unkempt hair.  "Well, that's up to you," he replies noncommittally.  "If you're judging solely by distance, the closest Gym would be in Hubeige City to the west.  Although, if I were you," he suggests, "I'd head north over to Cyancove.  The Gym Leader there's a seasoned Trainer and would be a much better fight to start your League challenges with.  --Oh, and speaking of battling," the Professor adds, turning to the Warden behind the desk, "isn't there some amateur battling event happening soon?"

"...Er," the Warden hesitates, looking behind him to the large board of papers and bounties.  He points with his finger as he traces the board, and eventually singles out a colorful, well-made flyer that's been recently tacked on.  "Yeah, yeah tomorrow night," the Warden replies, pulling the flyer off the wall.  "The Auroral Amateur Circuit is being held tomorrow night around 7:00.  It's a small tournament that's held every few months," the Warden explains to the group, "where rookie Trainers compete for a modest prize.  It's also open to Trainers who're too young to challenge the League so they and their partners can get accustomed to battling."

"--And I couldn't think of a better venue to test yourselves," the Professor interjects, returning the favor.  "Who knows; you three might end up battling one another in the semi-finals.  But, again, that and Cyancove are just my suggestions.  Anything else?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:51 pm

"Oooh, a tournament?" Lani's eyes light up. "That sounds awesome, I'm totally on board."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:56 pm

Josie nods, her grin widening again. "I'm down too. How 'bout you... I never actually got either of your names," She says, a slight embarrassed blush coloring her cheeks.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakeWrangler Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Harper smirks. "Sounds as good a start as any. Perfect place to warm up." They crack their neck a bit and begin to head to the door back outside. "Harper. I'm going to go out and train a spot before tomorrow. Feel free to join me if you're so inclined."

SnakeWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:15 pm

Lani smirks. "What, and give away my secret techniques? Like hell. And it's Mahealani. Don't forget it."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:29 pm

"Good luck!" the Professor manages to get out before Harper leaves the building.  After a few moments, the scholar sighs.  "...So much for that idea," he quietly muses.  After a moment of reflection, Cypress recollects himself and nods.  "In any case, it seems like the three of you know what you want to do for the moment.  I've given you all the spiels you should need for now, so I'll leave you each to your own paths."  With that, he politely excuses himself as he passes by Lani and Josie to the door.  "I'll be heading back to my Lab up in Mosset Town for now.  Plenty of data coming in from Ivan and Kati that I'll need to go over.  Oh, and be sure to tell your parents you'll be away from home when you get back to us, Josie.  And with that," he finishes, waving, "I wish you both good luck as well."  As the door closes behind him, Josie and Lani are left standing in the center of the Warden station, and Harper out searching for a spot to train.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 pm

Espeon stares from the window looking somewhat intrigued with what has just transpired. Josie suddenly feels a familiar presence in her mind. "A tournament huh? Too bad it seems your new little friends aren't very friendly. You might need another source of help. I could arrange some things, provided you can provide more food."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:16 am

"And let you bleed me dry some more? Sorry but no, your last meal took more than half my money as is. I think I'm just gonna check out the bounties. You're welcome to tag along if you want though, maybe we can even talk whoever I help into giving you a little something," Josie replies softly to the air, expecting the Espeon to pick up her thoughts, as she walks back towards the board.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:26 pm

The Warden looks relieved as Josie approaches the board.  With Harper and Lani leaving on their own to train, the Warden was concerned that the small pile of beginner bounties would go unfulfilled.  "Hello there," the Warden greets Josie, his air of formality gone now that the Professor had left.  "I take it your... 'friends' will be joining you later on?"

--

Harper, the first to leave the Warden station, confidently strides in a direction in search of quarry to improve their team.  Heading northward, Harper finds themselves amid a crowd of apartment complexes, ranging from tall to wide.  Unconcerned with their surroundings, Harper manages to find a lone Pidove pecking at scraps on a grassy curb.

--

Lani, equally as determined as Harper to strike out on her own, also leaves the Warden station and marches off in a random direction.  The foreigner finds herself surrounded by warehouses as she strides into the city's western section,  with the grinding of machinery and revving of engines filling the air.  As Lani scans the space around her, the shrill cawing of a Murkrow gets her attention, the crow screeching at the pure-white Vulpix huddled near her Trainer's feet.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:32 pm

"I dunno, maybe. I think the rest of the conversation may have completely fled their minds at mention of the tournament," Josie replies with a small grin. "For the meantime though, what can I do to help?"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next