Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron Desert

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Iron Desert Empty Iron Desert

Post by leonathemoth Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:56 pm

The Iron Desert, a rough and tumble place, home to various factions that would all like to see it theirs. However our adventure begins not in the backrooms of palaces or the vicious wastes of the Desert proper. It instead begins in a humble inn just south of the desert in a small town called Tiko. The inn is the Dead Sun, and a cloaked figure in this heat seems just conspicuous enough to warrant attention.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Iron Desert Empty Re: Iron Desert

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Koro walks through the sun baked town a grace and silent purpose that leave many of the passerby in the small town a bit stunned. Her kind are not common on this continent, and seeing a moth in such a small and insignificant town is nearly unheard of. She seems largely unfazed by the gawking passerby, though in her thoughts the near desert heat is a concern. The dry and harsh sun makes her wings feel heavy.

Koro enters the inn scanning not just with her eyes but with her antennae. A strange letter like the one she received could easily be a trap. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time someone had tried to trick her into an early grave. She picks out the strange cloaked figure with ease, though does not immediately approach. Instead she sits near the bar and hails the bartender. Her voice is soft but droning and emanates with a strange accent often unheard in these lands. ”What alcohol do you have?”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm

A small figure in a hooded cloak giggles from her seat at the bar. She looks up at Koro and pulls the cloak back, revealing a plump, rosy-cheeked girl with blonde curls and large blue eyes. "You know alcohol is bad for you, right?" she asks, her voice sweet but with something just a hint off about it.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Koro turns toward the intruding figure and stares for a moment. ”Of this I am aware,” she replies before turning away.
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm

"We have a drink called Tequila," The bartender replies after parsing the moth's order, "Pretty popular up in the desert. Besides that we got beer, ale, the usual. If you want those this is probably your last chance before heading up into the Iron Desert."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Koro sighs. She knew it would be a long shot they should have any of the drinks of her homeland, but some small part of her had hoped all the same. "The ale will be had."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:33 pm

"Right away...miss" The bartender goes to get her drink leaving her alone with the child.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:08 pm

A lone girl wanders through the town, what's visible of her seemingly sweat-slick pale-sand-colored skin glistening in the bright desert sun, her long black hair blowing in clumps as her dark brown eyes stare directly forward. Approaching the tavern, she turns and enters the establishment. Her head swivels to take in the entirety of the tavern's common room, eyes still not moving from their forward stare, before she approaches the bar, seemingly satisfied. "I'll take one of whatever you have that's strong," She says, her head turning so that she's looking at the bartender.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 pm

The bartender nods, giving the tequila to the sweaty girl and the ale to the moth. The bartender resumes cleaning the glasses now that everyone's attended to. The mystery figure still awaits in the meantime, stealing glances at the three.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Sipping at the new and unusual drink, the black-haired girl turns to face the cloaked figure. Standing from her seat, she approaches them. "I take it you're the one who sent that message?" She asks softly, taking a seat.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 pm

The figure laughs, their voice is dry as the desert you're about to enter. Kind of raspy too. "Yes, I am. We shall await the other two before I fill you in."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Noticing that someone else has engaged the figure, Koro decides to head over as well. "You will not wait long."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:01 pm

The small girl hops down from her barstool and joins them with a spring in her step. "Oh goodie, I was afraid I'd have to wait too long and get bored."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm

"Very good. You seem to be here in search of the power to change your fate. Well, I can't help you just yet, I need a friend first. My good friend, Lexi, has been captured and must needs be rescued. She's being held in the ruins of the Westell Library, northwest of here. Rescue her, and you'll have my full support."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:23 pm

”More information is required,” Koro replies. ”Lexi was captured by what sort of people? A description of Lexi is also needed.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:34 pm

"Lexi was captured by bandits, obviously trying to ransom her for a price. Lexi...well she'll make herself known." One can almost sense the smile under the hood.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Koro does not seem amused. ”The question remains only partially answered. Problems are caused by surprises. No surprises would be preferable.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:06 pm

"Lexi is a pretty powerful mage, so they must have something to nullify magic. Be careful friends. Hmm, but you, assassin, must be worried about accidentally killing her. Don't worry about that, she's not what I'd describe as a conventional creature around here."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:37 pm

"Ooooh, cryptic," Rosemary smiles. "I love surprises! I can't wait to open it!"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:39 pm

"Alright then, you have your first task. Please be swift." The hooded figure gets up and pays your tab at the bar. He then heads into the back where the rooms presumably are.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:01 am

Koro looks at the other two. "Of Cryptic remarks I am not a fan, but it shall be so. This one is Koro. Who are the people to be working with me?"
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:17 am

"I'm Kiyomi," The sand-toned girl says, looking between the small girl and the moth.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 pm

"You can call me Rosemary," the childlike halfling says with an impish grin.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:43 pm

”As it shall be,” Koro says standing up from the table. ”Unwise of us to wait. A soul may come to greater danger.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Kiyomi nods agreement, also standing. "Just some bandits, shouldn't be too bad," She says.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next