Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

5 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I - Page 8 Empty Re: Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

Post by Drekkle Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:57 pm

"Oh, sorry," Kereda says with a weak smile at Kaimana. "Just worried about the colony being secure and all. Feels like it's only gotten more dangerous since we've got here," he confesses to Kaimana. "I don't know what Ramona's doing, but we need that wall finished and extended."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:58 pm

Kaimana nods understandingly. "Did something else happen, or is it all just kind of adding up?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 pm

"It's all just been adding up," Kereda says. "You four might be able to handle yourselves, and I appreciate you giving us the trainings and all, but if the trained soldiers can't handle the monsters on this island, we won't be able to either."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:15 pm

The half-elf is quiet for a minute, not really sure what to say to that. "Well... hm. I wish I knew what to tell you." Hoping he sounds much more confident than he feels, Kaimana continues, "We're going to keep working hard to find out what else is on the island, and deal with anything bad we find. And Rayland's still here, and he's really strong too." He stops again, considering. "I guess, I mostly want to believe everything will be okay, and there is a lot going for us too. But I can understand being worried."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:17 pm

"Mhm... It's probably easier to believe that when you're strong enough to change things. I appreciate what you've been doing for us, though." Kereda says.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 pm

With a sinking feeling like not really doing enough, Kaimana simply gives a smile that hopefully isn't too strained and a nod before going back to instruction.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 pm

Swim class soon wraps up, and Kaimana sees Lyra talking to Milo. When the half elf sees Kaimana, she smiles and waves him over. "Hey, Kaimana! We were just talking about how good that class was! How'd you get to be so good at swimming anyways?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Kaimana waves back and joins them. "I've just been swimming for a long time, I guess," the half-elf answers with a laugh. "Just always liked it."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:05 am

Milo nods eagerly. "I'll just have to keep practicing!" he says, the general mood of the colony not getting him down.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 am

"Yeah, there's not much practice can't help with," Kaimana answers with a grin. "How are you two doing? Feels like it's been a while."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:14 am

"Well, it's been a little rough on everyone these past few days, but we're coming out of it alright now, I think," Lyra says with a smile. "Though, scouting feels like it's been getting a little more dangerous recently... Things are moving around the island. Watch out, out there, yeah?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 am

"We are, yeah," Kaimana answers with a nod. "Have you noticed anything particularly odd while you were out?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:18 am

"Nothing concrete, but it feels like there's been something directing some of the hostile, intelligent creatures that live here," Lyra mentions. "Oh, sorry to get into work talk, Milo," she says.

"No, it's fine! I don't mind knowing! I'm sure Kaimana will handle it all!" Milo says quickly, not wanting to be left out.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:58 am

”I’ll definitely give it my all!” Kaimana answers brightly, the talk with Kereda still on his mind. ”How are things going for you, Milo? Building going well?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 pm

"Mhm! It's a little slow going sometimes, but we're always making progress," Milo says with a nod.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:25 am

Once everyone who came for the swimming lesson has left the beach, Eamon approaches Kaimana. "How was the lesson?" he asks, as he reaches for Kaimana's hand to hold.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:18 am

Kaimana lets him take it, and gently squeezes Eamon's hand back. "Well, the lesson itself was fine," Kaimana answers as they start to stroll. "But there was kind of a weird mood, and Kereda at one point seemed like the voice of what was going on." He tells Eamon of Kereda's concerns.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:04 pm

"Mm, yes, there has been that mood about the colony lately," Eamon says with a frown. "I'm doing my best to combat it, and I think with more time things should return to a better mood."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 am

"I hope so. It's just..." Kaimana considers, not really knowing the exact words he wanted. "I don't know. I thought we were helping people feel safer? And I thought doing the training would help people feel like they could do it too, protect themselves. Talking to Kereda didn't seem like it was working, though."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 pm

"Mm, well, I think they're better off than they would have been," Eamon says. "But still, when things like winged little dragons show up, and drive off the soldiers, it doesn't help things. Some of them have trained and sparred against the soldiers, and they know the soldiers are better trained than they are. So when the soldiers can't fight against some of the dangers here, it gets them a bit scared. It'll pass soon enough, I'm sure, and things will get back to normal."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 am

"I hope so," Kaimana says again, for not being sure what else to say, and focuses on Eamon's hand.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 pm

The next day, the group sets out again, this time to investigate the waterfall cave and any land along the way. As they walk along the shore, they find themselves attacked by creatures Amissa identifies as sea drakes. The drakes start out by attacking with lightning breath, but the small mage advises they will move into melee soon, and Kaimana and Jax ready themselves. As promised, they do swoop in, snapping at Kaimana and Jax from a few feet in the air. Kaimana sees them land nasty attacks on Jax, and seeing no other way to attack, jumps at one.

This was really a poor idea for several reasons. For one, Kaimana was not a terribly acrobatic man, and less so when full armored. For another, attempting this gave the sea drake ample opportunity to take a bite at him. Still, he had his shield up for protection, and the winds seemed to be with him, as Kaimana leapt high enough to take a vicious swing at the drake. Seeing the tactic succeed, Jax also joined suit in jumping and attacking, with much more skill in leaping than Kaimana had. The two repeated this, with Aisha frantically trying to keep up with Jax's injuries, until Kaimana ends the fight by cutting down the last drake. He pants for a minute, catching his breath and his wits, before commenting, "I can't believe that worked."

Last edited by Aviana on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:00 pm

Jax winces as yet another wave of healing energy passes through him, binding up the wounds that remained after the first spells. "Maybe a better plan is in order for next time." He agrees.
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:57 pm

A river winds down from the foothills through the dense forest. While the river’s source isn’t immediately visible, the roar of a nearby waterfall indicates its direction. While the river flows at a rapid pace, the water is broken up into rapids by large rocks.

A clearing in the forest reveals a thundering waterfall. Large, flat rocks covered in green moss dot the waterfall’s plunge pool, and a stream continues through the forest to the north. The pool’s basin is gradually sloped, reaching a depth of 10 feet where the waterfall hits the pool. The stream itself is only 5 feet deep at the center.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Machina Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:24 pm

Taking a look at the water, Jax notices a large lobster-like creature with an armored shell lurking at the bottom of the pool. He describes it, and Amissa thinks for a moment, tapping her foot.

"It sounds like a chuul," she says after some consideration. "They're a species of intelligent aquatic lifeforms, usually living in isolation. They're vicious hunters that primarily target humanoids. Tactics include paralysis from mouth tentacles before dragging them underwater to drown them, eat them, and take trophies from their bodies. I imagine if we get too close to the waterfall, the chuul will try to attack us. Our best course of action may be luring it up and then using magic to disorient it, providing us with an opportunity to attack it from relative safety."
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next