Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bride of Bahadir

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bride of Bahadir Empty Bride of Bahadir

Post by Eagleheart Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:00 pm

It's just another Neverwinter night. Most people are asleep at this hour, but there are some who are still attending to whatever business they might have. Among those still awake are four particular individuals who have all taken interest in the same job posting.

One of those four is a Tabaxi who, while skilled at navigating the wilderness, is somewhat less skilled at finding her way around a city. She knows that she is looking for "Fountain Street" - and, presumably, a fountain - but she has had no success at finding either one. At the moment she is walking through a park, looking in vain for some helpful landmark. The park is lit only by a single dim lantern, but her feline nightvision makes that a non-issue. As she approaches the edge of the park, she sees a dwarf standing nearby.

The dwarf, at that moment, hears an ethereal voice. "Galran! Help us! You must destroy him!"

Meanwhile, Talliver Chadwick is walking along the city streets. As he nears his destination, he feels something tug at his belt. He looks down to see the scruffy teenage boy who has just divested him of his coin pouch. The boy makes a run for it, darting around the nearest corner- where, much to his misfortune, he (literally) runs into a certain fallen aasimar, the impact knocking him on his butt. The now-terrified boy peers up at Morgan, trembling and speechless with fear.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Bride of Bahadir Empty Re: Bride of Bahadir

Post by Ferret Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:05 pm

The dwarf, an elderly gentleman from the grey of his beard and his worn, wrinkled face, starts. "What th' devil... oi! You there, cat person, did ye hear tha'?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:08 pm

The aasimar, a stern-faced woman dressed in guard leathers, glares down at the boy with burning red eyes. "And just where are you off to in such a hurry this late at night?" She demands, eyes sliding over the coin pouch. "Doubtless to count those coins, I'm sure." She says, crossing her arms disapprovingly.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm

Talliver hurries over to see the scene unfolding in front of him and laughs good-heartedly. ”Fear not, my friend! I’m sure the boy was just excited to see how the gift I’d given him was to better his life,” he says, coming up behind the boy and placing both hands on his shoulders. ”But you seem to have left without giving me your name! It would not be justice for friends to never meet again, does it?” Talliver enthuses.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm

The Tabaxi turns to face the dwarf with a mix of confusion and indignation. She taps on the battered wooden shield on her hip as she considers him. “Tabaxi. The word you are looking for is Tabaxi. I’m sure don’t want me calling you a half-person, do you?”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:27 pm

The breathless boy is clearly on the verge of tears as he tries to scramble away from Morgan. His fear turns to disbelief as he hears what Talliver says. "U-uh, m'name is Alex, sir... and—d'you mean to say that... you're willingly givin' me this?" He peers into the pouch. Ten gold coins. Gold coins. Holy shit.

"I...I don't need all these... just one will be fine, sir, thank you..." He takes a single coin and hands the pouch back to Talliver, then looks again at Morgan. "I-is that okay, ma'am? It—it won't happen again, I promise..."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Morgan's glare lasts a moment longer before letting out a deep sigh. "Gifts aren't illegal," She says, waving the boy on. "Just keep your nose clean from now on."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:51 pm

"Sorry," the dwarf grumbles. "Can' say Ah ever met 'un like you. But ya did hear tha', right?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Talliver accompanies the boy a good distance away from the other Aasimar and breathes a sigh of relief once she’s out of earshot. ”Phew! Alex, that was a close one. I didn’t think we’d get away with just a slap on the wrist,” he jokes. He hands Alex the pouch. ”Now, ten gold is a pittance for me, but a bounty for you. And I do believe that if you have this, it’ll help you out, no? So it’s yours.”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:22 pm

”Apology accepted,” the Tabaxi replies with surprising sincerity. ”As for your mystery sound, I’m afraid I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:53 pm

"Bah." The dwarf looks around a bit more before giving up. "S'pose Ah'm jus' hearin things in me old age."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:28 pm

The Tabaxi seems satisfied for a moment, but then looks back to the dwarf with a curious glint in her eyes. ”I can’t help but wonder, what is it that you heard?”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:26 pm

"Somethin' abou' destroyin' someun. Ah dunno, seemed like gibberish ta me."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:15 pm

"Oh gosh, sir, thank you! I can't thank you enough," says Alex as he gets back on his feet. "I-I'll just go now before that scary lady comes back." And with that, he runs off into the night.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Talliver, content in his good deed, heads off to wherever it is that he was supposed to for his job.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:07 pm

"Not often I see someone give so much money to someone who tried to rob them," Morgan says, falling in beside him.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:09 pm

The Tabaxi tilts her head. "That's not exactly a healthy voice to be hearing in your head," she says. "You escape from a local asylum recently?"
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Talliver looks askance at her. "It was no robbery, just an opportunity to make sure a child in need receives the aid they deserve. Though I must ask, why are you concerned?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:15 pm

"Well, it's partially my job to be concerned about possible violations of the law," She says. "Or it was, before I got put on this infernal 'indefinite leave of duty.' But besides that?" She shrugs. "I don't know, just not used to seeing that kind of, well, kindness. Most folks in my experience only really care about themselves."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:19 pm

"Perhaps you've only experienced the wrong kind of people," Talliver responds simply. "It's a pleasure to meet you, by the way. I'm Talliver Chadwick, a local hunter and adventurer."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 am

"Morgan Moonseeker, Lieutenant of this district's Guardhouse," Morgan replies, with a solemn nod. "So what has you out this late anyways?"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 pm

”There’s a job I’m looking into,” he responds. ”That posting about a family crisis.”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:13 pm

"You too huh? Small world," Morgan says, surprised.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:16 pm

”It seemed an interesting one. And, well, as it stands, I currently have no gold to my name,” Talliver admits with a chuckle. ”But I’ve rations and a good bow on my back, so I’m sure things will come up Talliver once again.”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:18 pm

The dwarf chuckles. "Nah, nothin' like tha' lass. Jus' tha peculiarities o' old age. Say, ya would nae happen ta know where Fountain Street is, would ya? Ahm sorta new 'round these parts."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next