Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shattered Star

+2
Ferret
Shinigami02
6 posters

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Shattered Star - Page 3 Empty Re: Shattered Star

Post by lapis-lazily Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Sheila sighs. "That's the problem. She was very vague in her notes, as she often is. She tries to keep things subtle so that if our communique is intercepted she doesn't give away too much. I would know more if she had attended the meeting we set up, but, well, if she had I wouldn't be needing help."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:22 pm

"Any resistance to expect? If she stole the object, she may not give it up without a fight"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:23 pm

"I should hope not," Sheila replies. "But given the circumstances it's not out of the question. She's the one who came to me offering to act as a double agent, so I find it much more likely she was found out and captured."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 pm

"So, going in mostly blind...Don't like that"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:12 pm

"Well, not entirely blind," Sheila replies. "Cecilia had a contact she met with quite frequently. His name is the 'Amazing Zograthy.' He helped her get in contact with me when she first approached me with the idea of working as an informant. He's a Varisian who runs a permanent tent and fortune telling business out of Washer's Row in the Dockway. He does some work for the Sczarni, so he might know something I'm not privy to. I've also heard rumors of Nidalese slavers lurking about. If that's the case, then it'd certainly provide a good explanation for why she's gone. Or you could check up at the Arvensoar, where they keep the city watch garrison. It's possible the object was part of a heist gone bad, and Cecilia could be in custody."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Naomi nods, her eyes shining with excitement. "The Watch certainly seems like the easiest place to start... though if the Sczarni are also looking for her, the chances of finding anything in such an obvious location do seem slim."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:02 am

"I'm of a mind that we should check with this 'Amazing Zogarthy' fellow first," Erron says. "If he should have information about the group Cecilia was running with, then we could ask the watch if they have her, or a member of that group in custody."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:51 am

"I agree with Flynt," Anastasia nods in the half-elf's direction. "The Watch either has her or they don't, but no matter what happened to her, he's going to be the most likely lead to know."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:46 am

"We could always split up and cover more leads at once," Ali suggests, "We should find her fast, and that'll be the fastest way"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:50 am

"I'd rather have to make two trips to talk to the city guard than go see this Zogathy guy and end up fighting Sczarni two or three people short," Flynt says. "And Ana knows I don't like the guard all too well."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:54 am

"I sympathize," Anastasia says dryly. "I'm not keen on splitting up either, not while looking into any criminals, let alone one who's being hunted by criminals herself."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:15 am

"Fine, let's go for this Zagrothy person then"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:23 pm

”I wish you the best of luck,” Sheila says. ”I have other business to attend to now, but I trust you’ll prove more than capable of completing the task.”

The group then heads out into the manor’s lobby to gather themselves before heading out.
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:08 pm

While the group checks through their persons, Cade is the first to speak.  "If I may, I don't believe we've properly introduced our respective selves to everyone present," he begins.  "Seeing as we will be working together from here on, I believe would be best if we at least knew who our companions will be for the coming trials."  Adjusting his glasses, he continues, "I'll start; my name is Cade Bennett and I'm a wizard from the Stone of the Seer ."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:13 pm

"Ali....Ali the Scarred. 'M a mercenary, usually." Ali introduces. They stretch a bit before extending a hand out in comradere.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:27 pm

"I'm Naomi Valdemar, pleased to meet you," Naomi introduces herself, curtsying. "I have some minor magical ability, mostly healing and some fire."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:37 pm

"Anastasia of the Breaking Dawn," Anastasia introduces herself curtly. "Paladin of Sarenrae.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:23 pm

"Erron Flynt, jack of all trades, with far too many titles for a short introduction such as this," Flynt says with a flourish and a bow. "Pleased to be working with such a fine group of adventurers."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:13 pm

With introductions out of the way, the group heads out of the manor. They gather information about Zograthy as they make the long walk down to Washer’s Row.

At the southern end of Washer's Row, a tattered banner hanging over the entrance to the small side street advertises "Professor Callivario's Stupendous Exhibition of the Outrageous and Sublime." Beyond this overly exuberant advertisement is a squalid setup consisting of little more than a series of rundown sideshow booths and carts with assorted games and amusements of the meaner sort. To one side, urchins pitch pennies at lily pads floating in a small, scum-covered fountain while a bored carnie looks on. Nearby, the sound of cats hissing and fighting arises from behind a cart where a small crowd of ne'er-do-wells has gathered to cheer and place bets. Everywhere lurk faces pinched with suspicion or hunger­ expressions worn by carnival workers and visitors alike. This is not the sort of place to be careless with a coin pouch.

After a short walk through the rows of squalid carnival the party comes to a small, well patched tent covered in crudely painted mystic-ish symbols and chicken bones. A sign above the flap reads “The Amazing Zograthy, Seer of the Dark.” Upon entering they see an elderly Varisian man in over the top mystic garb. His face is deeply wrinkled and his eyes are bloodshot. He motions towards those entering with an entertainer’s flourish. ”The Amazing Zograthy sees all and knows all. A double fist of silver for a turn of the cards or a vision in the crystal; a treble fist of gold for the secrets of the multiverse!”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Ali resists the urge to sigh at the so called "Amazing" Zograthy. They didn't like the fortune teller types, the future should remain a mystery.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:13 pm

"Not even a little interested, Zogarthy," Anastasia says, crossing her arms. "We're looking for information of the more mundane variety."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:17 pm

The showmanship drops immediately as Zograthy sets his hands upon the table. ”The value of information depends on who’s asking and what they want to know. So I have a question for you. Who are you and what do you want to know?”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:16 pm

"I am Erron Genovese, cousin of Cecilia Genovese," Erron lies easily. "I found myself visiting Magnimar with my business associates here, and wished to check up on cousin Cici, only to be unable to find her! So, I come to you, my dear fortuneteller, for advice and guidance on where I might find her."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:42 pm

”Family, huh,” Zograthy smiles wickedly. ”Then surely 50 gold is not too high a price to pay for information about your beloved cousin.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:53 pm

"Ah, but I am no rich man," Erron says with a deep frown, "Perhaps, er... Let me see here... Perhaps you could accept this mirror? It's a deeply treasured family heirloom, I'm sure it should suffice for payment."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next