Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

+2
maswoon
Drekkle
6 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm

"That's an advantage you have that I lack, then," Onora concedes with a tip of her head.

"My latest... I believe you are mistaking me for someone else in that realm, I do not concern myself with trivial, mundane matters of policy that applies to my lessers. My time is better spent dealing with those worth my attention and improving my own talents," Titus scoffs.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by maswoon Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:15 pm

Momo furrows her brow, trying to look as confused as possible. "Oh, my apologies! I do think I misremembered something, then. Silly me!" she responds, playing the situation off as her simply being airheaded. "I do think I know of you from somewhere at least. Might you be so kind as to jog my memory?" she inquires, blinking from behind her round spectacles and clasping her hands together, the picture of a woman according to old Taldor. Inwardly, Momo screams.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:19 pm

"You may have witnessed me at the Imperial jousting tournament, I put on quite a good showing there," Titus boasts. "Before I was laid low by underhanded tactics," he adds, casting a glare in the direction of Baron Okerra.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:23 pm

"Oh, I do think that was where I saw you! Oh, you were the picture of knightly valor," she coos, before following his gaze and souring her face. "That dastard. How dare he?" she asks, hoping that he would fill in the rest of the story for her.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:26 pm

"Indeed, he must have tampered with my equipment, for when we collided, both my lance and shield shattered like glass and neither of his did the same, despite me being the clearly superior rider," Titus continues.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:48 pm

"Such a low thing to do," Momo responds, curling her hands to fists. "What a disgrace. You were robbed, milord."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:55 pm

"Indeed," Titus nods enthusiastically. "I'm not so vain to think that I could have won the tournament, of course, High Strategos Pythareus would have beaten me handily, but to be laid low by a relic like that was preposterous."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:04 pm

"Just a matter o' luck there," Corey shrugs. "Ah ain't gonna pretend it's some masterful maneuverin' on mah part."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:17 am

"Well, then let's hope you keep that lucky streak," Onora comments with a low chuckle.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:32 am

"Simply disgusting," Momo says in a tone that would imply she agrees.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:34 am

"Ah got mah fingers crossed and mah prayers sent," Corey chuckles with her.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:59 pm

"That would be wonderful, thank you," Adelaide answers with a warm smile. "I'm looking forward to learning more about the history of the county, since books can only tell so much of a story. Being able to do so in an area relevant to my family's history is especially appealing."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:02 pm

"Of course. I'll be sure to send you an invitation - and please do bring your friends as well, I'm interested in getting acquainted with my new neighbours. How did you three come to the arrangement of sharing the estate? Normally split inheritances like that can get rather nasty - I've seen at least one person assassinated during such a dispute," Baroness Voinum asks, sipping at her wine.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:15 pm

"You three?" Adelaide answers, a little puzzled. "There's actually five of us." She quickly considers how to answer. "A final determination is still to be made, I believe. We all felt it would make more sense to know more of the land before settling one way or another. And anyway, given the state of things, it seemed there were more important arenas to use resources than settling land disputes outside of the legal avenues." The young lady takes a glass of wine for a quick subject change, and takes a sip. She makes a small noise of approval, and nods.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 pm

"Oh yes, I forgot the commoner and the Tien girl," Adella blinks. "Well, the Betony estate is certainly in need of repairs, that's for certain. It's a shame, particularly the vineyard falling into disuse - it produced one of my favourite vintages. A deep, full-bodied red so dark it almost looks black. Strong fruity flavour, with a hint of those old oak barrels it's aged in. You can always tell a Betony wine by the wood."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 pm

"Corey in particular was a bit of a surprise," Adelaide acknowledges with a small laugh. "Hm, I see. How difficult do you imagine it would be to get the vineyard back into use? It seems like it would be valuable to have at full function."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:35 pm

"I've not taken a close enough look at it to make a precise estimate, but I'd say an investment of about a thousand gold could get all the farms running, including the vineyard. It would take three to five times that to have them at full productivity," Baroness Voinum estimates.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:43 pm

"So it'd be fairly feasible to get the farms running, at least," Adelaide muses. "I understand. We'll have to see about getting that vintage back in production, then, the way you describe it sounds delightful," she adds with a smile.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:47 pm

"It certainly is. All of Meratt produces some of the best wine on the continent, save for Galt, but Betony wines were something special," Adella smiles and nods. "They were served at a coronation, once." The rest of that conversation proceeds pleasantly enough, and soon enough the count’s servants have erected a list, a tilt, and stands for a joust, complete with colorful flags and banners, and happily supply heavy horse mounts, jousting armor (a breastplate, helm, and padding), and a small metal shield for guests who wish to participate but neglected to bring appropriate equipment. They also provide blunted jousting lances fitted with metal sheaths to all competitors. The stands slowly fill with spectators, many bribed with food to come from nearby Lotheedar.

For those of a more genteel persuasion, a field is set aside for trucco a short distance from the jousting list, complete with sandwiches and tea. The game—essentially a combination of billiards and golf—involves skill and control, using long-handled spoons to knock hardwood balls around a field, through various rings, and into opponents’ balls.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:09 pm

Corey politely excuses himself from Onora's company, saying he needed "ta go get mah blood pumpin'" before heading over to the joust to sign up as quickly as humanly possible.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Jousting happens. It'll probably be described in detail later.

In the middle of the rounds, Momo seeks the stands for anyone interesting to speak to and settles on Onora, the common-born person Corey had been talking to earlier. Momo approaches, and asks, "might I sit next to you?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:13 pm

The first round of jousts proceeds mostly according to schedule, the only major surprise being that Baron Okerra didn't shatter his lance against the squire Fi - most onlookers could tell that he deliberately softened his blow on the young man. But then it comes time for Corey and Titus to square off. The arrogant noble removes his helmet initially, smiling and waving at the crowd in an attempt to charm them, but when it comes time to salute Corey, his gaze hardens into a cold stare, and the normally respectful salute is brief and stiff.

Onora glances over at Momo and shrugs. "Not stopping you," she replies. "M'lady," she adds as an afterthought.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 pm

"Thank you ever so much," Momo responds, laughing slightly at the addendum of the title. "I'm Dame Myoui Momo, Steward of Stachys. If I'm correct, you're the one who managed the town prior to our arrival, are you not?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:25 pm

"Correct. Honorary Tribune Onora Piscum," the older half-elf introduces herself with a short nod. "For the last five years since Lady Allis Betony died."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Momo bows. "I owe you a debt of gratitude, and I promise that we will do our best to live up to the standards you have set."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next