Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

+2
maswoon
Drekkle
6 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by Aviana Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:59 am

That evening, Adelaide finds everyone is at the Morilla residence and agreeable to meeting together. When gathered, Adelaide takes her seat, cross-legged on a cushy armchair, and pushes her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "So! Two items, I'll let you all decide which happens first," she says, grinning. "Business business, or fun business?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Shrugging, Josie replies, "I guess the business business?"
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:07 pm

"I'd personally like to hear a bit more detail about each before making a decision," Sarina comments, lounging back on a couch.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:15 pm

"Always said get yer business outta the way first, else yer gonna just worry 'bout it," Corey says.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:07 pm

"Business business it is, since giving more detail would just be telling you about it anyway," Adelaide answers. "I spent a lot of today out and about listening for information. One of the subjects I came across often was about allegiances. It sounds like there are a few groups who want to reestablish government under a specific noble as head. Many want High Strategos Pythareus to lead, and there's rumors that he has some sort of validity to his claim, but that's not been established in firm terms as to how. Others believe that the Senate's vote was still legitimate and thus Princess Eutropia can be the only legitimate claim. And others still back third parties, but those groups are smaller, and really they're probably looking for the two main groups to court them more than anything. No-one is backing Grand Prince Stavian himself, and no-one knows anything about where he is. The merchant class are mostly concerned about stability - they tend to be reasonably prosperous, but a civil war could ruin that very quickly. The servants are less concerned, some think that now that the system's been shaken up, this might be a good time to tear the whole thing down - particularly ones who work for abusive nobility."

Adelaide twirls her pen, thinking. "High Strategos Pythareus's backers tend to be the military hawks along the borders and traditionalists. Princess Eutropia's are mostly institutionalists about the Senate or those who voted for repeal to begin with. So, the usual suspects, really. I have a feeling Lady Martella will be better suited to deal with the third party factions, and that may in fact be part of what she has in mind for us to do in a few days. I'm thinking it might be useful to focus on the merchants and servants for now, but what do you all think?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:29 pm

"Well this sounds like fifteen pounds a mess in a ten pound bag," Corey muses, rubbing his chin. "Well, if the merchant class is just lookin' ta get things back in order we prolly don't need ta focus on 'em, but if there's common folks lookin' ta turn us inta Galt then someone should, uh, prolly nip that in the bud."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:38 pm

"I wouldn't use words quite that strong. I wouldn't want to see a civil war, or a revolt, but I'm sure there's room for reform to curtail the abuses some have to suffer through," Sarina mentions. "I do agree that the merchant class and the servants are the best to rally support among, since it would seem likely that the others have agendas of their own. I would add that it might be a good idea to gather information on these third party groups where possible, though."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:44 pm

”Naturally,” Adelaide answers. ”Having more information about them can only prove helpful.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:51 pm

Rather flatly, Josie comments, "The servants probably just want someone to rally behind who will publicly make a case for bettering their treatment."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:56 pm

Adelaide considers. ”I’m sure some servants would be happy to hear such a thing, but that wasn’t the main impression I got. There’s a strong group that just wants to undo the whole system, no halfway about it. If I was in their position and had been badly hurt by the nobility, I’m not sure I’d immediately trust a different noble saying ‘okay, let’s treat you better now’, anyway.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:10 pm

"That's what Ah fig'red," Corey nods. "It ain't a new thought fer 'em either. Ya hear people talkin' bout it now and then, quietlike amongst themselves. Weren't that common back in Kallen, since Count Varima looks out fer us, but Ah'd see it when Ah had ta visit neighborin' counties with Daddy or when a farmer rolled inta town grumblin' 'bout their taxes. Ah guess they feel like they can do somethin' bout it now." Corey leans back, frowning. "And Ah mean it ain't like Ah don't feel fer 'em, but they wanna take it too far."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 am

Momo hums. ”Focus on how, Addy? Just try to vie for support and tell them they’re wrong in no uncertain terms? And, er, just to clarify, we are all in Princess Eutropia’s corner, yes?”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:34 am

"Vie for support, listen and better understand concerns, keep an ear to the ground for other ways to reach particular groups, things like that," Adelaide answers, thinking. "Who are we telling they're wrong? And I'd imagine so, given our support of the repeal vote."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 am

Josie nods. "Yeah, Princess Eutropia seems like she's got a good head on her shoulders."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:31 am

Momo shrugs. ”In that case, everyone who would oppose her ascension is wrong, no? Or at least misguided.”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:40 am

"True, but I'm sure plenty haven't yet made up their minds," Sarina points out. "Convincing those likelier to be unsure is a good way to rally support for Princess Eutropia."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Adelaide mulls. ”Also, it’s generally not a very effective approach to tell someone they’re wrong,” she comments after some consideration. ”It’s usually more effective to treat the person as an intelligent person who came to their conclusion for reasons they felt were good. Perhaps over the course of discussion, they’ll realize their reasons weren’t so good, but starting out on the offense only puts one on the defense. Anyway, on to fun business?”

A few nods around the room encourage Adelaide to continue. "So, for the costumes Lady Martella mentioned. Has anyone purchased theirs yet?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Josie shakes her head.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 am

"I haven't yet," Sarina says.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:36 am

Momo also shakes her head. "I've not either."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 am

"Can't say Ah have," Corey shrugs.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:00 am

"Great!" Adelaide answers brightly. "I was considering the matter the other day, and at first I was only considering the minimum of what would be needed to disguise one's identity. But then I thought again, and why should you do simply what you can do stylishly?" With the point made, Adelaide pulls out a book. The cover shows an artist's rendition of a woman with a detailed mask, a hat, elegant armor and combat equipment, and a stylish cloak running across rooftops. An eagle follows her in the night sky.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:00 am

Corey lets out a long whistle. "Well ain't that awful fancy. Ya think all that kinda getup is necessary?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:03 am

"Depends on what we need them for," Adelaide answers honestly. "Tactically, if it's the kind of work where we might be seen by average citizens, evoking the idea of the noble thief could play to our advantage, since there's so many folk heroes like that. Mostly I figured if it turns out it's not that kind of work, a simpler costume would be inexpensive backup."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm

"I'd certainly be willing to go along for some costume shopping. Sounds like it will be quite fun," Sarina says with a smile. "Did you have a plan for when?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next