Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

+3
AgreeableChap
Sawblader
leonathemoth
7 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:30 pm

Cut-Throat Grok, a stern-looking half-orc woman whose moniker comes from the very distinct scar across her throat, looks up at that. "What on Golarion are you talking about?"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

Post by lapis-lazily Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:42 pm

Amira flashes a look of seemingly genuine surprise. ”You’re telling me you don’t know about the curse of the black cat? Sometimes called the buyer’s misfortune outside of catfolk culture I think.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:13 am

Grok lifts an eyebrow, but casts a glance at a locker against the wall with a bit of concern. "No, can't say I've heard of that one."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:57 am

Forcing herself forward, Moira shambles across the deck to her assigned duty for the day, exhaustion clearly taking its toll.  Upon being handed a length of rope thicker than her arm and instructions barked at her, she struggles at first to maneuver the cord in her trembling fingers.  Her hands feel like they move through sand, her eyes threaten to seal shut in blissful sleep, and her heart pounds as midday approaches.

Job: Rope Work, Work Diligently:

As the sun begins to set, Moira just barely finishes her duties on time, though her work is blatantly unskilled.  Most of her knots are those one unfamiliar at sea would use, while those that are not have been clearly mimicked in observation, coming off as amateurish.  Apparently good enough for the officer however, Moira is relieved of her post.  Hands and fingers raw from their dexterous labors, her body's plea for rest has become nigh-unbearable.  Moira trudges across the ship, leaning against walls and banisters to steady her sluggish movement across the vessel's swaying decks.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:01 am

Higanbana manages much better at the actual cleaning the second time around, and finishes in almost incredible time, though it seems to take the wind out of her shoving the stone around. With the rest of her daytime, she attempts to dig up rumors about the ship's eventual destination

[Job Check: high success, Fort Save: fail]
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:36 am

Amira notes the look of concern. ”Well I guess it requires a bit of explaining. In catfolk culture there’s a belief that certain objects develop a kind of spirit or will of their own. Not common objects mind you, only things that are of great importance. A rock on your desk? No spirit. A special sword you designed and built with your father and is a cherished possession? That’s got a spirit. Now I’m not saying the item is sentient. Not really. But items of importance have a sort of sense of true ownership. An important item craves true ownership, and brings misfortune to anyone who possesses it without truly owning it. There’s four ways one could establish true ownership of an important item. You can either be its original owner, the spirit will always recognize that as a valid owner, steal the item yourself, receive it as a gift from a true owner, or buy it directly from a true owner. Now here’s where the problem comes in for you. I know for a fact you’re not the one who filched that sword from me. The crewman who knocked me out took it, and then it got handed to you in a pile of new stuff. That means you’re in the unfortunate position of holding my most treasured possession without having established true ownership.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by AgreeableChap Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:58 am

Dug spends the whole day running messages up and down the ship and does surprisingly well, but it's more exercise than he's gotten in months and by the end of the day he's ready to flop back into his hammock immediately after dinner.

[Acrobatics 14, Fort Save 8]

AgreeableChap

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:22 pm

"I... see..." Grok says, casting another glance at the same locker. "And what might these spirits do without proper ownership?"

---

Try as she might, the only hint Higanbana can get about anything related to a destination is a vague "the shipping lanes."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:26 pm

"Well they call it the black cat's curse for a reason. It's very similar to how that myth operates. It's just plain bad luck. The spirits manipulate fate to make sure you can't come out on top. You might find yourself rolling low in games of chance, getting ill when you might have otherwise been fine, having unusual events conspire around you to result in injury. It's just plain bad to be holding onto something like that," Amira replies.
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:33 pm

Grok nods, her face blanching slightly as she makes her way over to the locker, unlocking it. "Mebbe you should take this back then," She says, pulling out a weapon belt with a familiar blade and tossing it to Amira. A cursory observation reveals all of the ammunition was also still with the blade. "N-not that I'm superstitious or anythin', but be'er safe than sorry."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:39 pm

Amira smiles. "Well thank you very much. It is always better to play it safe with such things," she says as she snaps the belt back on and pulls something from her pocket. She holds up Jack's bone carving. "While I'm here, I got this carving from Jack. Think I could trade it with you for my armor back?"
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:34 pm

Grok, visibly exhaling in relief as Amira buckles the belt on, examines the bone. "Scrimshaw's work you say? One of the better ones at that. I'm a bit curious how you managed to get somethin' of this quality from him. Aye, should be of fair value, as long as there's no spirits attached to this one," She says after a moment, giving Amira another long glance before returning to the locker and pulling out her armor.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:40 pm

”Nah, just a damn good carving,” Amira replies as she grabs the armor and begins putting it on over her clothing. ”Thanks, Grok.”

Amira heads back to work with a spring in her step. Even the annoyance with her task for the day can’t bring her down.
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Yew spies Badger at rest during her look out. She figures everything's fine for a few knots at least and slides down the mast to Badger. "Ahoy!"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:26 pm

"Eh?" Badger exclaims, jerking to attention at the call. "Ah, did nae see ya there lassie."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:29 pm

"Sorry for startling you then, I'm on lookout and everything's clam for the moment, so I figured I'd stop by and say hey"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:51 pm

"Nah, better t'was you than Plugg 'r one of his cronies. They don' take lightly to me restin' mah weary old bones," Badger reassures, giving the gnoll a smile. "Yah might as well sit down if'n ya wanna talk though," She adds, patting the space next to her on the crate she was sitting on.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:53 pm

Yew graciously takes a seat. "It's pretty bullshit that they're making you run all around the ship, then!"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:18 am

"Well, 'tis nae my favorite job, but it is an important one," She replies. "Prob'ly be done better if they had some of these younglings doing it more often, but it is what it is."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 pm

"Yeah you have to consider who's the best for which job. Like me and climbing, or something" Yew shrugs, "So what's your favorite job?"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:45 am

"If anythin', I kinda prefer workin' on the repairs. Get to mostly stay in one spot 'n just work with mah hands," Badger replies. "How 'bout you, wha'cha prefer so far?"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:45 pm

"I've only gotten ropework and lookout so far. Of the two, I vastly prefer lookout duty. These big paws aren't made for find ropework..."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:55 pm

"Nah now, you've been doin' just fine that I've seen dearie," Badger counters. "Yah almost make haulin' those bundles easy, an' it's anything but."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:01 pm

"Aw shucks, you're making me blush! Anyway, we should probably get back to it, unfortunately"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:32 pm

"You go on ahead, I'll catch up," Badger says, clearly not planning on moving for another moment or so.

---

Before long dusk falls again, and Bloody Hour rolls around. This time Amira, Barefoot, and Tilly are hauled forth to be whipped, each earning three lashes for shoddy worksmanship. While Amira takes a beating and Barefoot seems to get off easy, Tilly seems to be barely standing as she makes her way back into the crowd.

Bloody Hour:
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next