Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

+2
maswoon
Drekkle
6 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Josie's mother blinks three times when she hears that, staring for a long moment before breaking into a wide smile that mixes shock, pride, and joy. "Grand Duke Delriddia? And he offered you a gift?" she repeats, struggling to process that. "I'm glad to hear the Gala went so well for you then - at least before everything went poorly! Do share, how did you manage to impress the Grand Duke so much?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:53 pm

With a somewhat self-important smile, Josie recounts, "There was a lull in the activities of the night, so I was assisting some of the parents by keeping the children at the event entertained. One of the little girls was particularly happy to have me there, and she happened to be Grand Duke Delriddia's daughter. He said it was very kind of me to be helping out, and offered to send a gift from his estate to show his gratitude."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 pm

"Huh," Josie's mom pauses, obviously still parsing this information. "Well, that's a very valuable connection to have. If he does send that gift, be sure to send a letter back thanking him, he's a valuable person to maintain a connection with and have speaking highly of you."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Josie nods. "I was already planning on it." Inwardly, she continues, But mostly because he was a pleasant person and deserves a thank you letter, and not because I wanted to cling to his title.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:06 pm

"Good," Josie's mom nods, then asks, "So, what are your plans now?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:11 pm

After thinking for a moment, Josie replies, "I was planning to catch up with people today, let them know I'm ok. After that, I was going to head back into Oppara to see what else I could accomplish."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:19 pm

That gets another nod from Josie's mother. "Of course, I'm sure everyone will be glad to see you. Your father should be home late this evening, for obvious reasons he's been busy these last couple days - the courtrooms have extended their usual hours to deal with all the criminals from the incident. In the meantime, your brother's been keeping himself busy with his studies, but I'm sure he'll be happy to take a break to see you. Oh, and Marciana's been asking if there's word from you several times a day, the poor girl's been inconsolable."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:52 am

Momo shrugs. ”I’d rather focus on what’s best for the nation. The one we’re trying to see come about. If that means the death of some rogue elements that want it gone, I’m not going to cry over people like Stavian,” she responds drily.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:37 am

”I just got here a moment ago,” Adelaide says to Corey’s apologetic tone. ”I think the takeaway from not being able to determine an absolute right and wrong is to do what’s best for us individually. Lady Martella uses poison and forgeries to take care of tasks to better the nation, and I would prefer to find a different way. Momo sees no problem culling the nation’s filth, and you would prefer to find a different way. There’s no absolute good, and even the law is just what most people agree on being good or not good. That’s why we’re able to change it, for when the collective opinion shifts. So, yes, to answer your question, Corey, I consider it important to try to figure out what’s right and wrong - for me, and for what sections of the law need revision, removal, or addition.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:23 am

Momo huffs. "I'm losing the thread here, but I still feel as though killing mass murderers is being framed as wrong and that honestly blows my mind. Their life ending protects the future, and not to mention it's super cost efficient as opposed to them rotting in a prison cell. Let the Hells condemn them for their actions if such a thing as right and wrong truly do exist. Surely the cosmos know better than us, anyways."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am

”I was more going for if you have no qualms with killing people, then kill people or let them die, and if Corey has qualms with killing people, he should try not to kill people,” Adelaide clarifies. ”I’m not sure about the matter myself, but I’m not enough of a force in combat to worry about it anyway, I suppose.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:27 am

"And fortunately for Corey, my powers mostly relate to healing." Playfully, Momo smirks, and in childish tones, says, "so there you have it: you win because you have the biggest muscles. I love democracy!"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:33 am

Corey blinks. "That ain't the truth of the matter at all. In the middle of a fight, sure, Ah ain't gonna kill nobody, and if we do decide to finish someone off it ain't gonna be mah blade that does it, but, Ah mean... if Ah'm outvoted, Ah'm outvoted. Ah won't like it, and Ah'll argue ta stop it, but Ah ain't gonna force ya ta do what Ah think is right."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:35 am

Momo shrugs. "And I could hardly say I'm vying for a better nation if we just ordered you to do something you were clearly uncomfortable with," she agrees.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 am

”I’m pleased we’ve come to an accord,” Adelaide comments, shifting her weight and pulling her book out from under her arm. ”Momo, I was actually looking for you in regards to medicine. This book details various substances I could make with my equipment, and I thought you would know best what would be useful in combination with your magic.” She offers the book out.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:42 am

Momo peruses the offered book and hums. The book was near-inscrutable aside from the heading of each formula, which had a name, then an explanation, and then it descended quickly into scientific gobbledegook which made Momo's head hurt when she looked into it in curiosity. No doubt Adelaide penned the book herself. Momo continues to scan the book. "Is there a property to Antiplague that makes it more or less efficient than an herbal poultice containing... probably similar ingredients?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 am

”I’m not as familiar with herbalism as I’d like to be,” Adelaide admits, quickly sitting in a nearby chair and folding her legs under her. ”If you have any herbs or plants you’d recommend looking into as well, I’d be happy to do so! I’ve heard great things about a few items.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:57 am

Momo tilts her head. "Well, you're not going to immediately become as genius at herbalism as I am, but I can teach you a few things. Obviously there are things like Wolfsbane and Belladonna, but there are more esoteric herbs like Barbarian Chew and Black Amaranth that have somewhat less... obvious refinements. Dragon Rose would have been handy to have before Corey got his weapon enchanted..." Momo titters, not sure what exactly Adelaide was looking for.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Adelaide looks around for something to write with, finds a pencil, and nearly puts it to her arm before pausing. ”Hm, no,” she decides, and puts the pencil back. ”Maybe we should reconnect on this when you’ve had a chance to look through the book and whatever else you’d find helpful, and I can go do something else for now? That way it’s not quite so ‘pop quiz’. Really I just need to know if I’m spending time on getting particular supplies, you know?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:58 pm

"Sure, that makes sense to me," Momo chirps. "I can give you a better answer then."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:00 pm

”Great!” Adelaide answers brightly, standing back up. ”Hey Corey, is now a good time for training for you, by any chance?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:35 pm

"Sure thing," Corey nods eagerly, standing up. "Ah'm itchin' fer a scrap that ain't about life and death."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Josie nods along, smiling at the mention of Marciana. With a slight chuckle, she replies, "Oh dear. That does sound quite like her. I suppose I should be off then, so she doesn't have to fret any longer."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:04 pm

"Most likely," Josie's mom agrees. "I believe she's in the back right now doing some washing."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Bulk post placeholder.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next