Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

+2
maswoon
Drekkle
6 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Momo hails for a carriage early in the day, cutting a fast track to her own family’s estate. She had been away for longer than ever before. Father wasn’t likely to be pleased about that, or what came next. Regardless, she steeled herself and approached the manor’s door. A stately building, fashioned mostly after traditional Taldane exteriors, it stood near the city’s outskirts at three stories tall with a healthy acreage. Momo sighs, and raises her hand to grip the knocker and rap thrice.

The door swings open after a moment to reveal a formally dressed older man with salt and pepper hair cropped short, standing tall with a rigid back that suggests a military background - Remus, the household’s lead butler. “Dame Momo,” he greets her, stepping aside. “It is good to see you alive and well, you’d been gone long enough that we had begun to worry.”

“I sent word,” Momo remarks, entering the household. “Is my father in?”

“Upstairs, in his study,” Remus replies, gesturing his hand at the stairs.

“Thank you, Remus. At ease,” she says with a bemused smile. She ascends the staircase and again musters her steel for what is sure to be at least an annoying chat. “Father? It’s Momo,” she calls in Tian.

“Enter,” Momo’s father’s voice projects through the door of the study clearly, also speaking Tian.

She does so, planting herself as staunchly as possible and looking the man over, trying to read his expression.

His expression is stony, slightly disapproving, but concealing any more than that. The study itself is perfectly organized, the only papers exposed are those on his desk next to his quill, the ink still wet on them. “Why were you gone so long?”

“Things at the gala were more hectic than expected. Grand Prince Stavian murdered the heir apparent in cold blood, then everything became... scattered. A contingency on a favor I was given activated, and stranded me in a basement,” she begins to explain, hands clasped together, the picture of pleasantries.

“I am aware of the events of the Exaltation Gala. News of that magnitude travels fast. You could have returned the following morning, however, or yesterday,” he counters, his tone unchanging.

“I wanted time to recuperate peacefully before returning here,” Momo responds.

“Hmph,” Momo’s father grunts, clearly not happy with the explanation but choosing not to push that line of questioning further. “Did you perform your exercises and meditations in your absence?”

Momo nods automatically. “Yes,” she answers, fully aware that she was lying and that her father knew she was lying.

“No, you did not. Do triple today,” her father replies just as immediately. “And don’t lie to me.”

Same song and dance as usual. “Fine. I have another thing to say.”

Momo’s father’s eyebrow raises curiously. “What is it?”

“Lady Martella is going to contact me again some time this coming week, about a task which will require an extended stay away from home. I’m going,” she says simply.

“Did the Exaltation Gala not teach you how foolish, dangerous, and petty Taldan politics are?” her father counters, eyes flaring beneath thin brows. “Why involve yourself further?”

“The only way Taldor will change is if people stop standing on the sidelines and accepting things as they are,” Momo responds, stopping herself from balling her fists. “To that end, I will go.”

“The only way Taldor will change are if its people do, and they have proven to be stubborn and irresponsible for centuries. You will not go and risk your life and our family name for their sake,” Momo’s father counters, setting his jaw.

“Hell, father, why do we stay here then!?” Momo says, emotions overflowing. “I’m not going to stand idly and let this happen to my home without doing what I can. I’m going, and I’m telling you that, I’m not asking your permission here.”

Ignoring the first question entirely, he replies, tone now as cold as ice. “Then go, but do not think that you have my blessing. And if your quest ends in disgrace, know that all memory of you will be expunged from this house. Return successful, or not at all.”

“Fine. I’ll be meditating if you need me,” Momo responds with a voice like ice.

“Dismissed,” Momo’s father replies curtly, turning his gaze back to the pages on his desk.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 2

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 am

Momo sighs, thoroughly frustrated with the tongue-lashing she had received two days ago. However, she's still at it, and all she needed to do was succeed. For someone of her talents, that would be trivial. She returns again to the Morilla household, laden with travelling supplies.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:55 am

Adelaide is on another cup of coffee when Momo returns, and smiles brightly at seeing the young woman. ”You’re back! How did it go?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:57 am

"It could have been worse," Momo responds, hands tensing on her bag's straps. "How are things on your end?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:59 am

Noting the hands, Adelaide simply nods. ”A little slow, truthfully,” she answers, setting her coffee down. ”Josie just returned recently from her own visit home. I’ve been making a bit of this and that, training, writing letters, but like I said, pretty slow. Speaking of making this and that, and it’s fine if not, but did you have a chance to look over the medicine book?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:01 am

"I found some time during my busy triple meditation schedule, yeah," Momo responds, acid seeping into her tone.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 am

”Oh, yikes,” Adelaide answers, grimacing sympathetically.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:05 am

Momo sighs again. "It's whatever," she says, adjusting her glasses. "The medicines I think we'll find most useful are Soul Stimulant and Clear Ear. Most of my miracles can manage the other things that are involved."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:13 am

”Soul stimulant, hm...” Adelaide thinks for a moment. ”I’ll make a note to pick up the materials at some point, then. Fortunately, that’s used primarily in reaction, so we won’t be harmed by not having it in advance. I sure hope we don’t meet any vampires, though. As for clear ear, I’ve got four doses ready, but I could certainly make more if anyone wanted. Very useful for exploration.” She traces a finger over her palm, as if writing a note. ”What about anything that might take pressure off your miracles, or for if you’re the afflicted? Or do you think that’s not much a concern?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:48 am

"If I wind up being the target of enemy ire, I will grin and bear it," Momo responds. "Although I guess having antitoxin on hand would be nice," she admits.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am

”I wonder if I should make more antiplague too,” Adelaide comments in thinking, “writing” on her hand again.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:50 am

"Couldn't hurt," Momo shrugs.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:30 am

”Ask about more clear ear, soul stimulant, antitoxin, antiplague...” Adelaide mutters and taps her palm for each item, tapping a little lower each time as if going down a written list. ”Okay, I’ll see what materials I can get when I’m out next. I can bring a portable kit if I can’t get it all done during the week.” She considers, then looks back up at the young Tian woman. ”I don’t want to pry, and just tell me if you don’t want to talk about it, but is everything okay? You seem more frustrated than usual, and I’m not sure if home’s just always like that or what.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 am

"Do I?" Momo wonders aloud, and sighs again. "Yeah, I guess so. Talking with father is always annoying. It feels like he hates this country, but makes no effort to see it change. It's hypocritical of him to criticize the country and continue living in the cushy position that our family has earned. That's all."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 am

”Mmm, that makes sense. I’d probably be really frustrated to see that from someone I was supposed to respect too,” Adelaide answers with a nod.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 am

"There are times I wonder if I like him because I have to or if I like him because he has merit as a person," Momo bluntly states. "There are times where I don't think I like him at all."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:09 am

Adelaide mulls for a moment. ”I don’t really respect my father very much,” she offers, slowly. ”My situation’s a little different, of course, he never had the standing to change much to begin with, but whenever he made an attempt, it wasn’t very impressive. I was honestly relieved when it was decided I would attend the academy and spend more time with my aunt instead of staying with my parents. I share this to I think if I was in your position, I would definitely understand not liking him at all. On top of all the political sabotage your father has done to himself...” Adelaide hesitates, then decides to continue. ”Well, on top of that, at least my father was kind to me.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 am

Momo cocks her head. "How do you mean political sabotage?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:35 am

”With not interacting with Taldor as a whole and distancing himself so strongly, the things you’ve noticed and dislike,” Adelaide explains, frowning slightly. ”Your father’s part of the main family line and would have more influence if he used it correctly.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:37 am

"Ah. I thought you knew some juicy rumor I didn't," Momo explains, stretching. "Well, yes. He's a fool with his own estate, certainly."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:39 am

”Self-isolation doesn’t tend to land one in the rumor mill,” Adelaide answers with a laugh. ”Anyway, I’m sorry things are so difficult with him.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:40 am

"It is what it is," Momo answers simply. "Soon enough, father will find that he's the one missing me if this relationship continues."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:46 am

Adelaide nods. ”It’ll be his loss, too.” With little else to say on this subject, Adelaide looks up and considers the next. ”Mm, I should see if the others are around, there was something else... I’ll be right back, if only to say I’m heading out.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:47 am

"Sure. I'll be here if you need me," Momo responds, producing a book on herbalism from her rucksack and beginning to study.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:44 am

Spoiler:

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next