Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

+3
AgreeableChap
Sawblader
leonathemoth
7 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

Post by Sawblader Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:16 am

Finally given reprieve after over a day of labor, Moira's senses begin to blur as she takes her bowl of stew.  Her stomach roils in an unsettling way, leaving her unsure if she is actually hungry, if the exhaustion has stolen her appetite, or if the rancid odor of day-old bilge-water has completely subsumed the smell of edible food.  As she finds a place to sit and eat, her tired eyes wander about the cabin... and land on Fipps and Narwhal.  Fipps has discarded the headband of gauze, but a welt is still plainly visible on his forehead.  As for Narwhal, Moira finds her work made in vain as his hand has been lopped off for a grisly hook.  Gritting her teeth, Moira pauses and idly grips her satchel, weighing her choices.  She eventually sets her bowl down and retrieves two small containers from her bag; one a cloth pouch fastened by a thread, and another a wooden box with a swivel-top lid.

Wordlessly, Moira timidly approaches the two crewmates, her hands shaking as they clutch the containers.  "Uh-Uhm," she croaks out, her attempt at a polite cough fumbling out as a hoarse groan.  "E-ex-excuse me?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

Post by Ferret Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:01 pm

Sarah saunters over to Tilly's table, sliding over her daily stew, Sarah's own rum ration and a leftover biscuit from her side hustle that day. "That was a rough-looking lashing. You doing alright there Brackett?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:57 pm

Higanbana makes extra sure to slip her rum ration to Tilly before finding her way to a mat, in no mood for conversation after the day's strain.

[Night Action: Sleep off Fatigue]
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:21 am

"Well if it isn't the wannabe nurse," Fipps says, clapping Narwhal on the back as Moira approaches. "Heard ya tried to patch mah buddy here up a'er that incident yesterday."

---

"Nah part'cularly," Tilly says, holding up Higanbana's ration, her own cup empty already on the table. "Yer foxy frien' is helpin' though," She says, hiccupping. "Nah nearly 'nuff though. Bar'ly makin' a scratch on th' pains."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:34 pm

"Uhm, a-about that," she murmurs, making wavering eye contact with Fipps, "h-how's your head?  Any... any trouble seeing, or... or moving?  P-Pain?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:30 am

Exhausted and still feeling the pain of her whipping, Amira slouches into a seat near Tibbs. "Fuck. They got me good tonight."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:03 pm

Yew looks for Ratline and sees he's playing hoglob, which has a monetary barrier of entry. DEjected she moves to sleep early, but sees Badger resting nearby. "Hey Badger, you doing alright?"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:47 pm

"Nah so bad, nae the first hard knock Ah've taken after all," Fipps says, knocking on the side of his head.

---

"I'll say, was surpris'd you were still standin' after that last one," The one-eyed gnome replies. "Was worried I was gonna join you too, can't take the whip worth a dang, but guess I brought in just enough vermin to squeak by. By Besmara I hate rat catching."

---

"Not really. Still waitin' fer the rum to kick in," Badger says, rocking slightly on her claimed hammock. "Everythin's so sore."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:20 pm

"If you think it'll help, I'll give you mine"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:26 pm

"Ha you think you hate it? The bastard Scourge assigned it to me day one as a joke. Get it? Cause I'm a cat? Super funny right?" Amira says with a grim smirk. Her expression quickly sours though. "Feels like a load of shit to get assigned a job against your skillset and then get punished when you do poorly."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:56 pm

[Medicine check: 10+4=14]

Glancing over Fipps and seeing nothing serious about his assessment, Moira nods and turns her attention to Narwhal.  "...Uhm, I'm... I-I'm sorry about, your h-hand," she apologizes, looking down at the hook fastened at the end of his arm.  "If-If it's... it's alright w-with you, I have... s-something to help..."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 pm

Sarah winces in sympathy. "Yeah, I know the feeling. Here." Sarah offers Tilly her rum ration. "Can get you more too, if it'll help."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:16 am

"You're a kind lass," Badger says, accepting the ration. "Ah just hope this isn't gonna leave mah head splittin' in the morn," She says, before taking a sip of the rum.

---

"Yeah, that sounds just like thah bastard," Tibbs says, spitting on the ground. "Thinks he's funnier than he is, an' inflicts his idea of humor on us wha' he sees as below him." She shakes her head before continuing. "The skills problem's a notor'us thin' though yah, 'specially with a press-ganged crew like this. They assign ya a job first day, mos'ly luck what'cha get, and then that's just where you're stuck from then on out."

---

"Nae sure how much more ye kin do ta help," Narwhal says gruffly, twisting his arm so the light glints off the metal hook. "Less'n ye've secretly got some regen'ratin' majicks or somethin."

---

Tilly almost excitedly grabs the ration, before throwing it back in one chug. "I'll take anythin' you'll offer," She says, without a moment's hesitation.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:31 pm

Moira falters a step back, but shuffles forward.  "N-No, b-but I, uh, I... h-here."  Moira holds out the small pouch and swivel-top to Narwhal.  "P-Powdered talcum, a-and an aloe poultice," she explains.  "I-I can't help with your, uhm... injury, b-but these should help manage the p-pain..."

[Diplomacy, to Narwhal: 13+7(-2)=18]
[Diplomacy, to Fipps: 14+7(-2)=19]
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:58 pm

"Even between the nightly rations and what I use cooking, we've got more rum in stock than we'll know what to do with unless we're out here for an unconscionable amount of time. Any time you want some sauce, just ask me and I'll hook you up."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:15 pm

"A good leader understands and utilizes the skills of those they lead," Amira replies. "They also don't treat everyone they're leading as being beneath them. Both important qualities are extremely lacking around here."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:32 am

"Hmph. If ye say so," Narwhal says, nonetheless taking the offered products. Opening the pouch, he looks over the powder before sniffing it. "This isn't supposed t' be taken int'rn'lly, is't?"

---

Tilly pauses for a moment before nodding. "Shoul' be careful wha'cha go offerin', but I'll try to show restraint," She says, before giving Sarah a wink. "Jus' in case we do wind up out here for Besmara knows how long, don' wan'cha gettin' in trouble when yer bein' so kind."

---

"Nay wrong on any part," Tibbs says, nodding sagely. "Sounds like yah've got plans, 'speshully fact'rin' in sum of the talk travelin' the ship these days."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:55 am

"N-No," Moira replies, fighting back an exhausted sigh.  "You... you ap-apply it before fastening the p-prosthetic.  And the poul..." she stifles a yawn, "...poultice--p-pardon--is to soothe pain and discomfort.  It's not m-much but... but I hope it helps."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:30 pm

"Well it does get hard to hide the kind of moves I've been making after a while," Amira sighs. "There's no plan really, just a mutual agreement with the rest of the crew here to band together when we need to. If the leadership ain't in it to help us out, we have to help ourselves, you know?"
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:17 pm

Narwhal's face softens very slightly, as he straps the pouch to his belt. "Ah hope so too," He mutters, before tromping off towards a hammock.

---

"Sounds like a lot of risk when yer not offerin' much but words. Like I says, the ship is talkin'. The wrong word gets to the wrong ear, an' it won't just be a whippin'. Talk of mutiny's keelhaul worthy, at best." Tibbs says, leaning back in her seat. "Nay sayin' I'm gonna rat ya out or anythin', but just somethin' to keep in mind. Fer now I'm gonna try to keep my head down and just stay under the radar. Nay so hard when yer small like I am."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:54 pm

Moira watches as Narwhal stomps off, then lets out a sigh of relief.  "...I-If your vision becomes unsteady or you feel nauseous," Moira adds to Fipps, "j-just, er, just let me know..."  With her obligation complete, Moira tiredly and quietly excuses herself to find her own hammock.  Once she reaches it, she collapses in exhaustion and is unconscious almost immediately.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:00 pm

Yew decides to just make some small talk with Badger, talking about this and that. It's a pleasant chat all things considered.

[[Roll Diplo: 19]]
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:52 pm

Amira shrugs. "Fair enough. but to be clear I never mentioned mutiny," she replies, standing up. "Maybe think a little more on where the current on the ship is flowing though."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:39 pm

Soon enough everyone has once again headed to bed, and dawn comes again. For the second time, the group joins the throngs heading up to the main deck and receiving job assignments.

Day 4 Tasks:

As the sun just barely breaks from the horizon though, far before anyone can get very far into their duties, a commotion breaks out as Jack Scrimshaw bursts onto the deck, face ashen and rivulets of blood streaming down one arm. He and Plugg talk for a moment, before he sends the boy towards the Officer's Quarters and turns to the rest of the crew. "Well ye scurvy dogs, seems li'l Scrimshaw ran into somethin' in the bilges. Something big, to hear him talk of it. So," He crosses his arms, and just glares at the mass. "I'll need some volunteers to go down there and clear out whatever it is."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:36 pm

Medicine: 11+4=15

Still exhausted from her two-day exertion, Moira was about to receive her next running task from Plugg before Jack came running, bleeding and shaken. From the short glimpse Moira saw of his injuries, they were small, roughly uniform punctures of his skin in the shape of an arch. Most of the damage was skin-deep save for a grouping of deeper wounds near the top of the arc. Almost definitely bite marks.

Upon hearing mention of the bilges, Moira flinches, then begins patting down her extremities as she checks for injuries.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next