Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Josie nods. "Right. Someone may need to point him out to me, I hardly know anything about him."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Aviana Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:29 pm

Adelaide nods at each name, thinking. ”Do you need additional background on any of those?” she asks. ”I don’t know much about Earl Calhadion Vernisant, but I can tell you a bit about the rest.”

At Josie’s question, Adelaide adds, ”Commander-in-chief Maxillar Pythareus is widely recognized as Grand Prince Stavian III’s right hand and a fanatical supporter of the throne. He believes in political might and economic stability through military supremacy, advocating for new wars of conquest against wayward colonies like Andoran and Cheliax, or even Qadira.

”The high strategos is direct and confident, cutting to the heart of any topic. Maybe because of that, he despises politics and its games, preferring to focus on matters of military and strategic concern. His presence at the gala is a formality; he would much rather be inspecting troops or training on horseback.”

Last edited by Aviana on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Momo nods along to the information, mentally jotting it down. "I'm afraid I've not walked in the same circles as either Duke Centimus or Countess Abrielle Pace. Do you have any advice or intelligence on either of them, Adelaide?" Momo asks.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:33 pm

"Let's see..." Adelaide considers for a moment. "So, Leonard Centimus is an attending duke of Grand Duchess Cisera Tiberan of Tandak prefecture. He is an intellectual and tinkerer whose head for systems makes him a good administrator, if a little awkward with people. Duke Centimus also lost the use of his legs in a riding accident, and while many of his contemporaries believe this makes him a less capable leader, Leonard has stubbornly refused to hire a divine spellcaster to heal the damage.

And then, Countess Abrielle Pace is a member of the senate from the western borders of Taldor. She seeks to advance by any means available. Countess Pace is agreeable and endearing to those she considers useful or empowering, but entirely dismissive of anyone she considers useless. She has a reputation for holding whatever position is politically expedient at any given time"
Adelaide considers her own comments on the two, but decides against adding them, simply sipping on her wine in ladylike fashion.

Last edited by Aviana on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:47 pm

Josie nods along as Adelaide talks. "Right. Ok. That's good to know and all, but really I was mostly hoping for a physical description or someone pointing him out to me when we get there, because I have no idea what this guy looks like."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Momo looks a little annoyed as Adelaide mentions the man's not using divine magic to heal his legs, and mutters, "why even bother...? Ugh, whatever," she says, her countenance souring briefly. She giggles lightly to herself at an amusing thought, but says nothing else. "And Countess Pace should be easy enough to woo. Alright."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:55 am

Martella addresses Josie to answer her question. "Pythareus is a muscular man in his mid-40s, short cropped silver hair, weathered skin. He always wears just a green and blue tabard with the national coat of arms on it, so he'll be one of the least ostentatiously dressed people there."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:03 am

”Oops, got a little ahead of myself,” Adelaide acknowledges with a laugh. ”My apologies. And yeah, Momo, I'm not sure if he's trying to prove something by leaving his legs damaged? I'd be curious to hear his reasons, truthfully.”

Last edited by Aviana on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 am

"I can confirm what Adelaide has said about Centimus and Pythareus," Sarina says. "But I have not heard much at all about the senators I am to discredit. Adelaide, Martella, if you would be so kind as to tell me about them?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:08 am

You can confirm? Adelaide can't help but think to herself, though she says nothing. She clears her throat. "Grand Duke Avernathus is well into his sixties and is one of the nation’s nominal grand dukes, holding the highest title but wielding little real power." Remembering Sarina's role, she continues, "Grand Duke Avernathus’s senate seat and title are tied to the Porthmos Gap in the east of Taldor—an appointment he was mysteriously gifted by Grand Prince Stavian III. The bequeathal irritated many in the senate; they couldn’t fathom why a minor noble such as Avernathus received such a prestigious, though admittedly impotent, role. The most widely spread rumors tell a damning tale of an ambitious young noble who traded his children for access to ancient magic buried under the Porthmos Gap. The young Avernathus, the story goes, then used his newfound power to strong-arm his way into his position. It's not confirmed, of course, but it certainly makes one wonder."

Last edited by Aviana on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:18 am

"Vernissant rules Greater Ridonport. He's relatively young, in his thirties, and ambitious. After the last set of dismissals, he's been positioning himself to get on Grand Prince Stavian's good side, and he uses the fact that he's a descendant of the legendary General Arnisant to make his pedigree seem more impressive," Martella adds. "He's also a prick, frankly."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:20 am

"Any gossip about Vernissant? Knowing the rumors that already exist can only make it easier for me," Sarina notes.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:23 am

"Well, it's an open secret that his political rivals tend to suffer unfortunate accidents," Martella offers. "'Random' bandit attacks, carriages with broken wheels, bad seafood. Nothing that can't be justified individually, but there is a trend."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:27 am

"Mmm, plenty to work with there," Sarina says with a nod and a smile. "Thank you both."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:32 am

"Of course. As for you, Corey, your first letter to deliver will be to Count Orlundo Zespire. He's an older man in his fifties, but in excellent shape, and he has swept back brown hair with grey streaks. He's an ally of ours. Once you give him the letter, give him time to read it and then he'll likely have you deliver another one," Martella directs. "For introductions, when delivering letters just wait until whatever conversation they're engaged in finishes up, then simply introduce yourself with your name and then hand over the letter. Don't say out loud who it's from."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:36 am

Corey nods. "Oh, I can do that real easy. Ya can count on me."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:07 pm

"Perfect, with that settled, we're all set save for one thing," Martella smiles, pulling out a large wrapped package and handing it to Corey. "Your outfit for the evening is all in here. Just around the corner there's a room where you can get changed into it." Inside, Corey would find a dark blue tunic with a white ruffled collar and sleeves and beige pants. Both are fitted tight to his measurements, accentuating his physique. The pants are accompanied by a dark brown belt with an engraved silver buckle, a silver pocketwatch is secured to the chest pocket of the vest, and to finish off the jewelry there are a pair of tight silver wristlets. For his feet, Corey receives a pair of light brown polished leather boots, similarly tightened by silver buckles. As a whole, the outfit is simple and pragmatic by Taldan standards, but stylish and elegant, sure to not raise any eyebrows.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:10 pm

Corey raises an eyebrow at the clothes when he opens the package, but changes dutifully. When he emerges, he's looking more stylish than he has in his entire life, but more than a little uncomfortable. "This, uh, don't feel like me."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:14 pm

"You look very much the enterprising young senatorial aide," Martella encourages him. "And, a secret? Gala clothes are uncomfortable for everyone. Be glad you aren't in a corset." She says the last with a mischievous smirk and a twinkle of amusement in her eye.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:18 pm

"Well that just seems silly ta me." Corey tugs at his ruffled collar. "If no one's comfortable, why do y'all put up with it?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:23 pm

"Appearances matter," Martella replies simply. "It's a trade-off. We deal with being less comfortable for making it easier to make a good impression, because people will judge you by what you're wearing before you have an opportunity to say a word."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:25 pm

"Ah'm not hearin' how it ain't silly, but I s'pose Ah kin play along."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:23 pm

"In any case, you should get going," Martella sighs, rising to her feet. "You'll be getting in the long line for 'people useful to people of import', sorry, it'll be a bit of a slog to get through. I have my own way in. Good luck, and have fun." With that, she gestures for them to head off and she strides her own way out the back of the cafe.

The line to enter the gala stretches around the corner of the ostentatious Senate building, with those waiting in it finding themselves perpetually harrassed by street merchants selling novelty little Taldan flags and obviously fake historical memorabilia.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 pm

As the group waits in line, Momo strikes up a conversation with Adelaide. "So, Lady Adelaide, how has life been after Sorina Academy for you?'
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 am

"It's been pleasant enough," Adelaide answers with a smile. "I've been using much of my time to pursue my studies even further, and attending any event I've been invited to. A few good connections have come from those, though nothing on the scale of tonight's possibilities. How about you, Lady Momo? I think you mentioned spending a good deal of time training with your father?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next