Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Nobody7713 Sat May 18, 2019 8:04 pm

”I’ll contact you all shortly with an exact date and location, plus some tips on what the next step will be. My instincts are that you should pack what you need for an extended stay away though,” Martella adds.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by bloodrayne03 Sat May 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Josie limply nods, still rather dazed.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Mon May 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Momo gives a curt nod, and quietly muses, "I wonder what father will say about that," before sighing.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 pm

With no immediate responses, Martella gives quick farewells and heads out. Everyone seems lost in their own thoughts, probably gloomy if they were anything like Adelaide's. She focuses on breaking out of that and concentrating. Nobility is as nobility does. Take care of others first. "Well, everyone's free to stay as long as they like," Adelaide comments with something like a smile. "Perfectly understandable if you'd rather go elsewhere, of course, there's just so much happening. But you're welcome here too. I'm sure... well, we'll figure it out, yes?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 pm

Corey shrugs. "Ah mean Ah could go back ta the inn, but this is a bit more cozy if yer really fine with me crashin' here."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue May 21, 2019 5:06 pm

”Of course it’s fine!” Adelaide answers, smiling. ”Um, if anyone wants a bath to relax or anything like that, please feel free?” I think that worked for Josie yesterday, at least? the young noblewoman muses, a little lost. Though maybe that was more because rats are filthy...

She shakes her head. ”I am reminded, though, that I said we should talk later, Corey,” Adelaide continues. ”Do you want to walk for a bit or sit somewhere?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue May 21, 2019 7:56 pm

"Sure." Corey stands up and nods. "Ah think a walk'll and some fresh air'll do me some good." He and Adelaide walk to the gardens together.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed May 22, 2019 8:29 am

Adelaide spends the walk over to the gardens hoping the right words to start this conversation would come to her. They don’t. ”So, uh... I noticed some of the fighting today seemed to really rattle you?” she starts with, noticing and annoyed at how weak this sounds.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed May 22, 2019 8:47 am

"It weren't the fightin'." Corey puts his hands in his pockets and sighs. "Ah killed a man today, Addy. Cut clean through 'im like he was made of paper, weren't even hard. Heck, it was harder tryin' ta not kill folks. And then there was the girl, and Ah just... well, Ah ain't sure what ta make of it is all."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed May 22, 2019 7:35 pm

"That's what I was alluding to, yes," Adelaide answers automatically, musing on anything productive to say. "Well, fortunately the girl is pretty easy to set aside, given that she turned out to be a, ah, 'freaky spider bitch'?" She holds up her hands and curls the first two fingers on each hand with each syllable of Josie's phrasing. "And it seems unlikely at best that anyone in the assassination business is tending to a real little girl at home. I am sorry for your sake that the man was so caught off guard, though. If you want to look into it being less difficult to incapacitate an enemy without bloodshed, perhaps the local temple of Sarenrae could offer you a way forward in training or other options? Her disciples often focus on nonlethal techniques."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Corey shrugs pensively. "It weren't the girl herself, it just got me ta thinkin'..." he trails off, trying to phrase what had been brewing in his head all morning. "Yeah, he was a bad guy, and Ah ain't gonna say the world ain't probably better off without him, but everyone's got someone who cares about 'em. Maybe he don't got a little girl at home, but Ah'm sure he's got a momma or a daddy, or some sweetheart out there, or a brother. And Ah'm sure the authorities are gonna get in touch with that person and tell 'em, and it's gonna kill 'em. That's on me. It's my fault some fella or lady out there's gonna have to find out someone they loved is gone." Corey puts his hands on the back of his head, lacing his fingers together. "Daddy always used ta say what's done is done and ya can't take it back, so it ain't worth worryin' about. Learn from yer mistakes instead a just mopin' over 'em. And Ah'm tryin' real hard. That's a good idea, talkin' ta the Sarenrae folks. Ah was gonna use this week ta figer out a way ta avoid killin' from now on, and that'll be a good place ta start. Thanks fer the advice. And, uh," he blushes suddenly. "Fer lettin' me go on 'bout mah feelin's, too."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed May 22, 2019 7:56 pm

"My understanding is that assassins tend to isolate themselves because they know attachments mostly lead to harm in their world, if it's of any comfort," Adelaide answers, not adding she's not personally sure this is the truth of the matter. "But I do follow the general concern and it likely will apply to some other enemies we face going forward. It sounds like your father gave you some good pearls of wisdom." She smiles and nods at the last. "Of course, bottled feelings can be heavy anchors. I'm glad to help out. Let me know if you need anything, okay?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed May 22, 2019 7:59 pm

"A course," Corey nods, some perk back in his step. "Actually, are you doin' alright? Ya seemed a little distracted right after Martella went ta do her forgin' thing, 'fore ya brought up wakin' up Wyz."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed May 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Adelaide considers carefully before answering. "I suppose that was just a moment I was reminded how different the rules of play are in the current state of affairs, so to speak. Or perhaps they always were like that, and I..." She pauses, then shakes her head. "Well, the current state of things is really the larger disruption, regardless. I'll figure it out. I appreciate you asking, though."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed May 22, 2019 8:05 pm

"I s'pose things are a bit topsy turvy right now, ain't they," Corey nods. "Gotta roll with the punches, though. Ah mean, Ah barely even knew the rules ta start, and Ah think Ah'm workin' it out okay. And yer a lot smarter than Ah am, so Ah bet ya get it figered quick enough."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 pm

"I appreciate the vote of confidence," Adelaide answers with a laugh. A thought returns to her, and her expression shifts. "Hm, I'm reminded of something else you may be able to help with. Before all this, I had used my rapier almost exclusively in structured duels. I think I'm starting to adjust to the pace and distractions of actual combat, but I'm sure I would get there faster if I had a training partner. You're free to decline if it's burdensome, of course, but do you think that's something you could help with?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed May 22, 2019 8:15 pm

"Well heck, it wouldn't be a burden at all," Corey laughs. "Ah could probably use the sparrin' mahself, and Ah ain't brushin' them aside or nothin' cuz they're pretty amazin' in their own ways but it ain't like Sarina or Momo know their way 'round a weapon."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed May 22, 2019 8:17 pm

”Perfect, I appreciate your assistance, then,” Adelaide answers with a smile. ”All right, I’m going to go back to check on the others, make sure they have anything they might need.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 pm

"Sure thing," Corey nods. "Ah think Ah'll stay out fer a bit. Yer aunt's garden is awful pretty. Oh, and uh, if ya ever do need ta talk, Ah'm more than willin' ta lend an ear."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 pm

”I’ve read the works of some philosophers who feel a beautiful garden, or some other place with nature, is vital to keeping a serene mind,” Adelaide answers. ”Of course, my aunt mostly cares about the garden for the sake of the guests having something lovely to appreciate. I suppose either case would work for you at the moment, though.” At the offer, she simply nods, and heads back in.

It takes a moment, but Adelaide eventually finds Josie in a comfortable chair, half-flopped over the armrest. She doesn't seem to be sleeping or trying to, so Adelaide takes a seat nearby. "No bath this time, huh?" she comments. "I wasn't sure if you found those generally relaxing or if it was just because of how gross the rats were."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon May 27, 2019 12:57 am

Josie turns toward Adelaide, blinks slowly a few times, and flatly replies, "What are you even talking about?"
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon May 27, 2019 6:21 am

Adelaide blinks, pauses, and folds her hands in her lap, suddenly sheepish. ”Um, I guess I let my thoughts run too far ahead. Again. Never mind.” She clears her throat. ”Are you doing okay? It’s been kind of a weird couple of days, so.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon May 27, 2019 8:10 am

"Ah." Turning away again, Josie takes a moment before giving a muffled reply. "Not really, no."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 am

Rubbing her thumb against her wrist in thought, Adelaide asks after a moment, "Do you want to talk about it or would you rather be alone?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 am

Josie shrugs.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next