Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shattered Star

+2
Ferret
Shinigami02
6 posters

Page 28 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

Shattered Star - Page 28 Empty Re: Shattered Star

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:16 am

"Yes, I have been sleeping well!" Cade fires back.  "Although my last rest was some time ago so... it should be nearing mid-evening, yes?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 am

"It's almost noon!" Meliora exclaims. "How long have you been up for?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:19 am

Cade, taken aback at this new information, pauses.  He brings his forefinger and thumb up to his lips in thought, and the awkward silence in the air grows distressingly long as Cade fails to answer.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:22 am

"Okay, we're heading back to the city," Meliora declares. "First up is a good, hearty meal, then we're going shopping for groceries, then... Have you been showering?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:28 am

"...Ah..." Cade begins hesitantly.  "...I've used a non-negligible amount of spells to mitigate my hygienic needs. At the very least my... robes are clean."  Another pause.  "...Some warm water would not be amiss, truthfully."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:30 am

"So a hot shower," Meliora continues on. "At least you don't stink," she says with a huff. "And then to bed. Am I missing anything you haven't been doing ?" she asks.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 am

Cade, in a moment of uncharacteristic density, seriously considers Meliora's question.  "...No... No, that would likely cover everything."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:33 am

Meliora rolls her eyes at Cade actually needing to think about it. "Good, then pack up your things, and let's head back to the city."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 am

Defeatedly, Cade does so.  "Agreed.  I shall be with you shortly."  Collecting his notes and supplies, Cade lifts his pack up to his back and trudges behind Meliora as the two return to the Crow's dock.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:40 am

"What kind of food do you like to eat?" Meliora asks, as they set off to row back to the city.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:48 am

"Hm..." Cade murmurs.  "...I would be partial to sections of roasted chicken at the moment," he muses aloud.  "...A thigh, perhaps--no, chicken breast!  Brined and seasoned with flaky skin..."  Cade hums to himself at the mental image of juicy poultry, but quickly snaps himself out of it.  "--Er, I mean, uh...  N-No preference.  As long as it's not cured or preserved.  The rations I brought saw to that."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:50 am

Meliora gives a little laugh-snort at this. "Do you know any places that have a good roasted chicken?" she asks.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:54 am

Cade lets out a embarrassed chuckle.  "Well... there's a tavern near the Stone of the Seers I visited a few nights ago with some friends," he suggests.  "They were selling smaller chicken wings and thighs basted in a spicy gravy.  My friends seemed to enjoy it, but they appeared to be in the minority that night."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:55 am

"I'll let you lead the way, then," Meliora says with a nod.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 am

Cade nods back in reply, and the two continue rowing back to shore.

Once the pair had docked, Cade led the way to the tavern, and the two ordered lunch.  Cade tried to visit the Founder's Museum after, but Meliora's insistence on self-care convinced him to postpone it for tomorrow, but not before extending an invitation for her to join him to which she agreed.

------

The next day, Cade rises early from his bed feeling refreshed.  Before he takes his leave, the historian jots down a loose collection of titles onto a scrap of paper as to not forget them later in the day.  With that, Cade does his best to get back into his usual morning routine, then leaves for the Founder's Museum.

He arrives earlier than he mentioned to Meliora, so he waits for her to arrive by loitering a short distance from the entrance.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:47 am

Meliora arrives after not too long a wait. "Hey Cade. Feeling like a real person now?" she asks with a wry smile.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:01 am

"Ah, good morning Meliora," Cade replies.  "Yes, I must admit, I feel far better than before.  During my stay at the Crow, I never realized how much I could miss waking up to the morning sun...  So," he rights himself, "first let me thank you for meeting me again today.  What I shall be doing," he reveals, "will be cross-referencing historical records and comparing artifacts to any known Thassilonian artworks."

"I will admit, this will not be a terribly exciting day," he sheepishly warns, "but it is a vital part of my research; I must confirm that what we have found is indeed unique and related to the history of Thassilon.  If I were to publish my findings only to discover that someone else had done so a decade earlier, then that would reflect poorly on my efforts, would it not?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:02 am

"Mhm! Let's get to it," Meliora agrees readily. "Just let me know how I can help."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:10 am

Cade smiles at this as the two enter the Founder's Museum.  The atmosphere suddenly shifts from the gentle morning bustle of the city into the quiet respect of an archive.  To reflect this change, Cade begins speaking in a softer tone.  "Truthfully, I've already thought of that," he mentions, pulling out a scrap of paper.  "During my morning routines, I attempted to recall any titles that could have possible references or articles pertaining to my observations."  He hands the scrap of paper to Meliora.  "If you could find some of these titles for me while find a table to set up, I would greatly appreciate it."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:12 am

"Got it!" Meliora says in an enthusiastic, hushed whisper. "I'll come find you once I have the books."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:16 am

"My thanks," Cade says once again.  "If you need any help," he directs, pointing to the front desk.  An elderly woman sits behind the long wooden reception desk as she slowly works her way cataloging a stack of papers. "Simply ask the person there or anyone you see wearing a similar robe."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:17 am

"Okay, will do," Meliora says with a nod, looking at the titles, then looking at a few shelves, before turning around almost immediately to ask the person sitting behind the reception desk about how to navigate the system of organization.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:24 pm

At that same moment a foreign-looking small girl who appears about 10, her entire body an unusual pale blue and semi-translucent, runs around the corner and barely stops herself before running straight into Meliora's legs. A moment later a much more normal, and somewhat irritated, woman seemingly of the same nationality follows. "Eiko, nigeru na," She says in a scolding tone, her arms crossed in annoyance as she draws near the child. "Koko ha toshokan de, asobiba de ha ari mase n," She adds, before taking note of the two the child had almost crashed into. "Please, excuse my daughter, I looked away for but a moment and she slipped away from me. Kodomo, what can you do?" She says, her eyes sliding over two, particularly over Cade's robes. "Say, you two wouldn't happen to be Pathfinders, would you?"
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Cade blinks in surprise, not recognizing the language the woman drifted in and out of.  "...Not a problem, ma'am," he replies, looking down at the child.  Looking her over, the wizard feels a strange chill run down his back, as if something was... off.  "My... my friend here is part of the Pathfinders, though I am not.  I simply work alongside them.  Why do you ask?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:07 pm

"Oh," The woman responds to the denial, but then smiles anyways. "I am a Pathfinder from my own home, and newly come to this land. Given your attire is unlike that which I've seen any but other Pathfinders wear about the toshi... er, city here, and I had hoped I may perhaps have stumbled upon some locals who may be willing to lend a helping hand," She adds.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next