Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay

5 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruins of Azlant Gameplay

Post by Drekkle Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:58 pm

"It is not, it is a weapon the Azlanti created in their fear of us," the aboleth says, almost boasting about it. "Veiled masters are another caste of alghollthu, capable of walking among humans unnoticed, their true forms veiled with powerful magic. They are spies, infiltrators, and manipulators easily capable of fooling the weak minds of humans."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Machina Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:01 pm

Amissa raises an eyebrow. "This might be somewhat ignorant, but under normal circumstances, wouldn't you be allies? Why is he a concern for you?"
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:05 pm

The aboleth almost gives a sneer at this. "How truly unenlightened you are to even ask such a question. The politics, divisions, and machinations of various factions within the aboleth empire run far deeper than your human minds could possibly fathom. He and I both served different masters even before your civilization was scraping sticks and mud together, and I despise the idea of taking orders from one who was absent 10,000 years."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Machina Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Amissa frowns. "Fine, be that way. Where is this city, and where are your notes?"
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:07 pm

Kaimana hisses. "Hey, new condition, quit being a condescending bastard while you're answering questions or I will fucking cut you," he warns, eyes narrowing. "Do you actually want a fucking truce or not?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:10 pm

"Forty miles south east of here, on the floor of the sea," the aboleth answers, wisely deciding to be quick about it. "They are written on woven sheets of kelp, over there," it says, indicating a corner of the room with a tentacle.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:10 am

When it seems no one else has questions, Kaimana lowers his weapon. ”Fine. Your information was helpful, so, appreciate that. All the same, I’m hoping we never see each other again unless there’s a new development we should know about or something.” They both know Kaimana can come back to fighting at the drop of a hat, so Kaimana feels completely fine swimming off to check if anyone’s behind the force walls.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:23 am

The aboleth hands its amulet to Kaimana, explaining that it's the key to the forcefields here, and to press it against the fields to unlock them, then drops the illusion over the forcefield revealing pretty much everyone and a lot of people that Kaimana doesn't recognize too. Kereda is the first to react of those inside, shouting something in astonishment, muffled by the forcefield and water.

Last edited by Drekkle on Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 am

Seeing the other colonists so suddenly, the pain and frustration Jax is feeling is replaced by panic. His eyes widen in shock, then he swims quickly back into the doorway the entered through, out of site of them.
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:26 am

Meanwhile, Kaimana grins and waves, pressing the aboleth's amulet to the forcefield.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:28 am

The forcefields shimmer just as before, allowing Kaimana to pass through, into the cell that holds Kereda. Few the other people in the cell lift their eyes from the floor, and fewer still show any kind of emotion. Some are so weak and starved that they have to hold one another for stability. Kereda manages to struggle to his feet, even in his weakened state, and exclaims "Kaimana? Kaimana, is that really you? This isn't some trick?"

Last edited by Drekkle on Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:40 am

Seeing Jax’s reaction, Aisha decides to follow Jax out and nods him over to the empty air cell they saw before. ”Jax, are you sure you don’t want them to see you?” she asks once they can both breathe. ”If there was ever a time to decide you don’t need to hide, it’s right now, after we just saved their lives.”

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:53 am

"No trick, except my face," Kaimana comments, though the humor doesn't last long on seeing how weak everyone is. "Experiments or hunger? We've got food outside the temple, or Jax could find some, anyway."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 am

"A little of both, with some torture too," Kereda says with a grimace, and as Kaimana looks over the people in the cell, he can see some require medical attention, and others bear misshapen bodies, additional limbs, gills, and
other aberrant mutations of their humanoid flesh. Also, sitting on the floor away from the other prisoners is a tall, pale elf with long white hair and piercing blue eyes.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:58 am

Kaimana mirrors the grimace and nods. "Okay. Amissa's reviewing the notes on the experiment machine, and she's pretty confident she can reverse the mutations. But first things first would probably be just getting you guys out of here and food. And probably introductions for those of you we haven't met yet?" He shoots a questioning look towards the elf.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:04 am

One of the prisoners covers away from Kaimana, screaming "No! No! Don't take me!" believing this to be some kind of trick by the faceless, and few others of the prisoners appear to believe Kaimana's words at first.. The elf ignores this, standing to introduce himself to Kaimana. “I am Nieran Codali, a ranger of the Mordant Spire. You did well in this risk to rescue your people, and you have my thanks. I was captured while I was investigating why so many skum and other creatures have recently crawled out from their holes in this region. I should have known an aboleth was involved. Do you know what the aboleth was planning to do with all these people? Is there something else I should know?”

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:07 am

Oh, shit, Kaimana thinks that the immediate reaction of faceless concerns, pinching the bridge of his nose. He quickly turns his attention to the elf. "Uh, we got some information from the aboleth, yeah. We'd be happy to talk with you about it once everyone's safe and taken care of?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:08 am

The elf nods. "Tend to your people. We will have much to discuss after they are taken care of."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:09 am

Kaimana nods and turns back to the others, eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Um, is there anything I can do to convince you guys this is a real rescue and not a trick? I completely understand why you're freaked out right now, I can't imagine everything you've gone through."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:13 am

Most of the prisoner's reactions are unchanged by Kaimana's words, with no response, though a few don't seem outright panicked, with a glimmer of hope starting to appear in their eye.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:14 am

"Actions speak louder than words," Kereda says, after Kaimana's glance towards him for advice. "Start with helping some of us, and everyone will come around."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:17 am

"Sure." Kaimana rubs the back of his neck. "Um, let me check on the other chambers and then talk with Jax about food and swimming and stuff. Won't be too long."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:45 am

Jax closes his eyes, focusing on slowing his breaths to a comfortable rhythm. "Look how they treated Eskelda just for having magic. Plus, why would they trust a Skinwalker when they had just been attacked by shapechangers?"
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:54 am

”A big part of the issue with Eskelda had nothing to do with her, it was the faceless deliberately stoking division,” Aisha points out. ”And it has nothing to do with trusting a skinwalker or not, it’s about trusting you, the man they know has done more for the colony than most.”

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow31 Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:56 am

Jax shakes his head. "People have biases. I've seen plenty of hatred before just because of what someone is, no matter how friendly or trustworthy. The Faceless wouldn't have been able to stoke that division if the innate distrust wasn't already there."
Shadow31
Shadow31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next