Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of Flame Gameplay

+3
Shinigami02
leonathemoth
Perci
7 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Dawn of Flame Gameplay Empty Dawn of Flame Gameplay

Post by Perci Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:10 pm

The morning of their first mission, the freshly selected ragtag crew awaken to a form email in their inboxes confirming the departure time for their mission; set for midday, it should ensure everyone has time for any final preparations and arrangements they need to make, and more importantly, formal introduction to one another before they begin their work.

There's no reason to believe the crew will meet trouble in their transit, but it can't hurt to be safe.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Dawn of Flame Gameplay Empty Re: Dawn of Flame Gameplay

Post by leonathemoth Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:43 pm

Helena arrives to the ship to do a formal check up on the thing before it actually takes off. She is accompanied by a large combat drone. It does a good job at keeping most people away.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Another soon-to-be-crewmate, a young-adult human woman with shocking pink eyes, long brown tied back in a ponytail, a rifle and bag on her back, and a very sharp 3-piece suit arrives about the same time. Walking around the ship, she scrutinizes the hull, making notes in a document on her Comm unit as she does so. Noting the other's approach, she makes her way over. "Good morning, I take it also here for the job on this... fine vessel?" She asks, casting one quick glance at the ship before offering the Dromada a smile and sticking out one hand. "I'm Caitlyn, Caitlyn Furr, but you can call me Cate."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 pm

The Dromada thankfully notices the other approach, to avoid being scared half to death. "Eh, it's kinda a piece of shit" She says, "But seems to be structurally sound. I still gotta muck about her insides." The Dromada hesitantly takes the hand, knowing H3NR1 would step in if this person turned hostile. "Helena, the robot's H3NR1. He's friendly"

"Greetings" The drone says monotonously
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:43 pm

"A pleasure," Cate says, giving Helena a firm handshake. "I take it you're an engineer then. I'm glad one of us is, I'm afraid I was never very good with stuff like that."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:50 pm

The morning was by all accounts not a great morning. After fucking up one too many coffees in the morning thanks to not caring about the Corporate Ethics (or whatever) of Santo Vici Coffee Co., Voca was promptly fired. That all said and done, she returned to her shitty communal apartment and was told that she was a hair away from being evicted, and she would need to find new work almost immediately.

The android was tired, for lack of a better word. It was a strange feeling, given that Voca literally couldn't become exhausted as she was a machine, but it was still a strange feeling of exhaustion. Her flawless complexion, marred by sleeplessness and lidded eyes. It was enough to make her cry, honestly.

Voca was on the shorter side, an android out of time. With long, twintailed lavender hair and circuitry running down her veins in the same coloration and a pale glow about them, her glamour doesn't fit the basic clothing she wears. With a basic black and white tracksuit, she was, unfortunately, ready to take on the next part of her day.

Fortunately, the next part of her day was actually quite good. Work was forthcoming almost immediately. Her internal messenger blinked up a notification, and Voca stopped in the middle of the street to double check the mail and make sure she didn't read it wrong.

Upon receiving the email, Voca has one gut reaction to it: she needs to vlog, right now. She rushes back to her apartment, announces her departure for space, losers and packs her bags, grabbing her video camera and turning it around to face herself as she puts on her stage smile and narrates the journey she went on with this job application, and makes her way to the ship, making sure to get a lot of shots of the exterior. "This is the start of a new chapter, you guys. I'm really excited to share it with all of you," she says, as the closer to her vlog, and with a beatific smile, ends that recording. She starts another one promptly after and enters the ship, eager to begin her exploration of the quarters.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:55 pm

"Yeah, speaking of I better get inside and make sure it won't break up the second we turn it on" She smiles. She bids the human a temporary farewell. The Dromada heads inside and runs into an android...Helena takes note of her recording device."Oi! You!" She calls.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Voca blinks, and turns around, looking towards the one who called out to her and wheeling her camera around as well. "Hi!" Voca responds brightly. "I'm Voca. Are you also in the crew?" she asks, not quite sure where is polite to look at a Dromada.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Dr. Boros wakes up fairly early as if by clockwork. He groggily slithers his way out of bed in his shitty apartment quarters in Absalom station. As always he can't help but think of the relative luxury he once lived in. High ceilings, more rooms than her could ever need, automated services. It never seemed to be enough at the time, but he certainly misses it now. He sets some coffee up to boil in his machine and flips on his television to see if anything noteworthy is going down on the station. Meanwhile one of his heads starts peering at his phone to check email.

The coffee finishes a few minutes later and Dr. Boros simply grabs the pot to start drinking from. When the entire pot is downed he goes to the rack he has hanging near the foot of his bed and pulls off a doctor's coat. Sure, he wasn't a licensed physician anymore, but he was hired to be a ship medical officer so he might as well look the part. Casting one less listless glance at his television he shuts it down and heads out.

Dr. Boros arrives at the ship just as a camel-like alien shuffles inside with a drone. He sees a human standing right out front who appears to have been conversing with the creature. "Hello," he says with only one of his mouths, that head in particular training in her direction as the others survey the ship. "Are you involved with the crewing of this vessel, or just passing by?"
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:52 pm

"You're very loud...But yes I am. I'm to be the engineer of this flying hunk of metal. I'm Helena, and the drone's H3NR1"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:34 am

Voca frowns, and makes sure to use more hushed tones, lowering her voice from slightly-louder-than-an-indoor-voice to an exaggerated stage whisper. "Good to meet you. I'm here for communications and to be an extra pair of arms with a gun," Voca responds. "I'm going to be vlogging a lot of this trip, is that okay with you? I just want to check so you don't wind up with your face on the internet somewhere you don't want it," she asks, gesturing towards her camera vaguely.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:39 am

"I am in fact joining the crew," Cate replies, looking over the serpentine new arrival. "Quite the mixed bunch we have here. I'm Caitlyn, and I'll be the Magic Officer on board. But please, call me Cate."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:05 am

Arriving amid the other conversations is a haan - a large insectoid creature - holding a hot drink and wearing what looks like a space pirate's outfit. "This is the Photon Runner, yes?" she says.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:36 am

”I am Dr. Auran Boros,” Dr. Boros says. ”I am to be the ship’s chief medical officer. Probably also it’s only medical officer judging by the size of crew this thing should hold.”

Simultaneously, and without skipping a beat, one of Dr. Boros’s heads trains on the Haan. ”You are correct. This is the Photon Runner. You are a Haan correct? Fascinating species. Not common to see one of you outside of Bretheda.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 am

As the rest of the crew converses, a peculiar sight greets them, as a bear walking on its hind legs wearing incredibly heavy armor lumbers by them. What seems to be a minigun hangs from a strap around his shoulder, while a large device with a conical end appears to be embedded into the back of his armor. He stops in front of the ship, giving everyone an up and down glance. "You are crew?" he asks, his voice gravelly and somewhat awkward given the unusual shape of his mouth. Without waiting for an answer, he shrugs. "You will do." He then heads up into the Photon Runner without waiting for anyone else.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:19 am

"I did not leave Bretheda by choice" says the haan. "But when we leave, we may never return."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:10 pm

”I see,” Dr. Boros replies ponderously. ”Well I don’t need your whole life story. Your name would be good to know though. I am Dr. Auran Boros.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:12 pm

"My name is Zaxsha. Is hard for mammals to say, so you can simply call me Sha if you wish."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:20 pm

”I am no mammal, but I shall call you Sha if you wish. If it’s not already clear, I am to be the ship’s chief medical officer. What role have you been hired to perform?”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:51 pm

The dromada's mind is soon filled with thoughts of people finding her through the android's videos, but she also senses opportunity. "I'm generally a bit camera shy...but I'm willing to cut a deal for the moment. Help me document this ship while I run diagnostics and I'll let you film me."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:53 pm

”Sounds like a good deal to me,” Voca agrees, amiably moving the camera to eye level. ”Lemme know if there’s somewhere you need a closeup, okay?”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:14 pm

"Let's head over to engineering then and see what we're working with" Helena says, she looks for the engine room/engineering and inspects the engine.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:57 pm

”I hope this isn’t a rude question for me to ask, but since we’re going to be living together, I may as well- are there any certain things that your kind needs from our public spaces to make them more hospitable for you?” Voca asks, fully aware of the long road of eggshells that no doubt lay before her.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:07 pm

"I don't really do public spaces much. Dromada are...cautious by nature. I'm braver than most dromada but still what most people would consider a 'scaredy-cat'. I'm actually on a lot of anti-anxiety meds for today, and H3NR1 helps. I guess, don't be threatening and I'll be fine?" She says. She looks over the engine. Frankly it's pristine but she manages a couple of tweaks to make it more efficient.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Voca nods empathetically. ”I don’t think I’m a very threatening person, so I’m sure we’ll get along just fine.” She zooms in to get a better shot of the tweaks, and asks, ”what made you decide to pursue engineering?”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next