Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

+3
AgreeableChap
Sawblader
leonathemoth
7 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

Post by lapis-lazily Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:11 pm

Amira hands Rosie the rat and turns back to Sarah, still not looking all that perturbed. ”Henceforth your cooking is off limits as a method of payback delivery. Anything else I can do to make sure we have no further issue?”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Skull and Shackles Gameplay Thread

Post by Ferret Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:09 pm

Sarah gives Amira a long, appraising look. "Just... consider the possible casualties before you go fucking around. And maybe pick less aggressive approaches to problems. The fop's a creep, not arguing there, but blindly going on the offensive is how you turn him from a creep into an enemy and a creep."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:15 pm

Wiping her lips on her sleeve, Moira's bleary eyes grow wide as she notices the bundle from Quinn's bag.  "I-Is that m-my bag?" she stammers out, absently checking around her hip with her free hand.  "I th-I thought they took... I'm... C-Can I have that back, please?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:30 pm

Amira shrugs. Fair enough."

She walks down and grabs her soup. Looking around, she decides to sit near Crimson, the man who attempted to give last rights to the dead pirate just moments ago. "Couldn't help but notice you giving last rights to the man what got keelhauled. What was that all about?"
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:03 am

"Of course, that's why ah'm offering it to ye," Quinn says, merely giving the kit a slight jostle. "Ah'd say consider it a gift, but thet'd be weird since it's yers anyways."

---

"He was dead, and no matter wha' that bastard of a Cap'n says, the dead deserve their rites," Crimson replies curtly. "Ya got some objection to that?" He asks, glaring at Amira.

---

Pocketing the rat carcass, Rosie slowly just slips away into the crowd, disappearing as quickly as possible from Sarah's gaze.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:18 am

Too grateful to feel embarrassed, Moira accepts the pack and checks its contents.  Inside she finds a small collection of bandages, poultices, and medicine; right where she left everything from the night before.  "Th-thank you," she manages to sputter out before slipping the kit's strap over her shoulder.  "I thought th-they threw everything overboard..." After taking a moment to collect herself, Moria asks, "Th-Thank you again, M-Miss, uhm...?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 am

Sarah grabs her own bowl of stew and scans the dining hall before narrowing in on her target. She strides over, setting her bowl down and then dropping in next to the foppish gnome, a scowl on her face. "Let's get one thing absolutely clear before I start talking. You are an oafish, disgusting little man and I am utterly uninterested in you or what your tiny, limp dick might have to offer, and if you hit on me at all in the course of this meal you'll be the main ingredient of my next meal, am I understood?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:08 am

”Quite the opposite in fact. I respect it,” Amira replies. ”I’m not the most religious myself, hell I couldn’t even tell which god you were giving the rights for, but I do think people deserve a modicum of respect in death. At the very least, if someone is giving last rights it’s one hell of a bastard move to stop them.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by AgreeableChap Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:08 pm

Sitting alone at the end of one of the tables, Dug halfheartedly stirs his stew around in his bowl, having a hard time finding his appetite after the keelhauling. "Wasn't s'posed to be like this," he grumbles under his breath. Thankfully, the rum ration at the end of dinner helps settle his stomach and his nerves, and without saying much to anyone else, he heads off after dinner and collapses into his hammock, letting the warm fuzzies from the rum and the rocking of the ship lull him into a dead sleep.

AgreeableChap

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:34 pm

"Please, just call meh Quinn," Quinn replies. "And nah, ol' Harrigan wouldn't waste good booty like thet. Jus' about everythin' ye lot had is prob'ly in Quartermaster Cut-Throat Grok's shop right now, excep'n the couple things I was able to barter away from her," She adds.

---

Conchobar seems quite taken aback by this. He opens his mouth, but immediately closes it before stopping and thinking for a moment. He then repeats this a couple more times. "Perfectly," He finally says, before visibly stopping himself from saying anything else. After another moment's thought he continues. "I am... curious... then why you approached me."

---

"Well, bastard certainly fits our illustrious Cap'n, and take thet from some'ne what wasn' even pressganged," Crimson says. "I kin see plenty of action under him, but the res' of it is pretty shite."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:19 pm

"Yeah, it's only my first day and I'm not impressed," Amira replies. "I always followed the idea that a good leader needs a firm hand, but a reason to engender loyalty beyond just fear. Hell, the very act of pressganging engenders disloyalty, given that most of us that got pressganged certainly don't want to be here. A good crew starts with people who have a vested interest in the plan."
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:38 pm

Yew stumbles around the deck for a good while before finding Sarah and drunkenly putting an arm around her. "THisssssstew.....isssss the besssstew~" She says with a barking laugh. She the staggers off a few paces before falling over and passing out
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:17 am

"Well, th-thank you, Miss Quinn," Moira replies, brushing a frazzled lock of auburn hair from her face.  "I-I... appreciate the generosity." She then gives a heavy sigh, shuddering slightly near the end of the exhalation.  "It has been the only act of kindness I've seen so far..." she motions weakly to the expanse of sea surrounding them "...out h-here..."
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:29 pm

"I think the Cap'n might be kinda desperate, which is why he's pressgangin' left and right," Crimson replies. "Heard he'd lost nearly 'is entire crew on a raid gone bad not long ago. 'N fact, tha's why I joined up myself, seemed like an easy position to get."

---

"Thank ye, bu' ah'm not sure, are yer fellow new-bloods tha' bad? They seemed pretty quick to in'erject between ye an' Plugg when Harrigan sicked 'im on ye," Quinn says. "Ah'm sure they'd support ye if ye reached out to 'em."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:50 pm

Moira blinks at Quinn's statement in surprise.  "Th-there were... I-I didn't see..." she trails off, a twinge of guilt in her voice.  "...I-I should thank--" she starts, but snaps shut upon noticing the absence of others on the upper deck.  Looking around like a lost fawn, she absently asks "...Where did...?"
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:53 pm

Amira shakes her head. ”If he did it once, he’ll do it again. The man treats us all as pretty disposable. I can’t imagine that’s the first or last time he’s had significant crew loss. He’d rather grab a new lot than take care of what he’s got.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 pm

Quinn looks over at the now-empty deck. "Ah thin' ev'ryone else wen' below deck fer dinner. Not ev'ry day we get a new Cook's Mate after all, people were prob'ly excited for somethin' dif'rent."

---

"You're not wrong," Crimson replies. "Nah sure wha' we kin do 'bout it fer now though."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:03 pm

”For now? Nothing. We wait. The more desperate he is, the worse his judgment. He’ll slip up eventually. When he does, the lot of us can make our exit. Maybe even come out of it all the better. Provided, that is, we stick together. Whether we asked for it or not, we’re a crew now. The only way we come out ahead is by acting like it,” Amira replies.
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawblader Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:05 pm

"O-Oh," Moira replies with a half-hearted nod, trying to follow along.  "Th-then I suppose we should go... do that, then." As the two begin to take their leave, Moira hastily adds "Ah, right--I-I'm... M-Moira.  Moira Helgrove." She punctuates her stumbling introduction with an equally awkward, yet gentle smile.
Sawblader
Sawblader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:23 pm

Sarah takes a long, slow bite of soup, savoring the taste on her tongue and letting Conchobar stew. "I'm talking to you because I don't like drama where I work, and you are a walking drama generator. So let me explain a few things to you. First, women do not like to be ogled. We like to look good, we can even appreciate being looked at, but stared at like meat? No woman is going to be flattered by that sort of piggish behavior. Second, a related note: 'no' is not 'maybe' or 'yes, later.' The bards and their funny love songs lied to you, no one appreciates someone they rejected showing up below their window with a lute. So when a woman tells you to fuck off, you fuck off. You following me so far, fop?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:45 pm

Crimson nods. "You're right," He says. "By the Lady, I'll be glad to be gone of this accursed ship."

---

Conchobar again thinks hard about his words before saying anything. "I... believe so," He says, blushing and lowering his head in shame.

---

Quinn returns the smile. "Well then, let's get ye down there. Mebbe some rum'll help keep it down, don' wanna offend yer new friend, right?" She adds, steering the girl away from the bannister and towards the ladder.
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:03 pm

"Good. Now to the point of this discussion. The women on this ship? You're stuck with us, for at least a month or two and maybe longer. You, and we, will have a much better time if you shape up and tone it down so we don't all hate each other. We've got enough problems with sadistic officers without making enemies of each other, too."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by lapis-lazily Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:14 pm

Amira nods. ”Glad we’re on the same page. I’m Amira, by the way. Amira Goldenclaw.”
lapis-lazily
lapis-lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinigami02 Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm

"I... see," Conch says after another drawn out moment. "You've given me much to think about," He says, intensely studying his stew.

---

"Crimson. Crimson Cogward," Crimson introduces himself in return. "To better days then, whene'er they may arrive."
Shinigami02
Shinigami02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:58 pm

"Good." Sarah takes the last dredges of broth from her stew and tosses it back before turning her bowl over on the table. "I look forward to working with you then, fop. I appreciate someone capable of learning." Without another word she stands up and walks off in search of a hammock to crash in.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next