Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy of Fire Gameplay

+2
Aviana
maswoon
6 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Legacy of Fire Gameplay - Page 6 Empty Re: Legacy of Fire Gameplay

Post by Nobody7713 Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Felliped gathers up everyone from the group he can in town alongside Haleen and Haidar to share the news. "Garavel's gone to turn himself in to the Pactmasters, he doesn't want us coming after him. Mahvash sent him a message and he told her," the bard explains with a grimace.

"Damned stubborn old man," Haleen curses, glowering in frustration.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:04 am

Lydia sighs. "Honorable idiot. He did the right thing, he shouldn't be punished for it. If anything the Pactmasters should give him a damned medal.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Giexmund frowns. "He was a good man. A shame he has to leave like that, but... Hard to argue with the Pactmasters."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:38 pm

”Even if we could stop them, the last thing Garavel would want is Kelmarane to be put in danger over him,” Haidar adds, grimacing.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:39 pm

"Well put," Giexmund responds with a grimace. "A shame."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:30 pm

Vel shakes his head and crosses his arms over his chest. "Damn it. Much as I hate how this is turning out, we can't really force him back here if this is what he really wants to do. He really should have at least let us try to negotiate on his behalf before he decided to go off and be a martyr about it, though."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Haleen chuckles ruefully there. "That was never his style. If he thought something needed to be done, he made sure it was done immediately."

"If it's any consolation, I doubt the Pactmasters will kill him," Haidar adds. "They're nothing if not pragmatic, and I doubt they'd just give up someone as competent as he is out of spite."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:37 pm

With venom in his tone, Vel replies, "No, they'll probably just brainwash him and put him under a more strict geas so he can't get away or think freely again." The elf spits on the ground as he finishes.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:41 pm

"This fucking sucks," Haleen scowls and shakes her head to grumbles of agreement from Haidar and Felliped. "Who wants to be the one to break the news to Almah later?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:50 pm

As it turns out, Felliped volunteered to do so, and later lets the others know that it was a distinctly uncomfortable conversation for him to have, but doesn't elucidate on the details any more than that. The next week flies by quickly, with everyone still in town contributing to the town's rebuilding and recovery. Fortunately the town is rebuilt faster this time than it was after the gnolls were kicked out of it - it turns out efreeti tend to be less destructive than gnolls, and this time there was more magical aid available as well. Within the week, almost all the physical damage has been completely repaired, though for many the emotional scars will take much longer.

After the rebuilding finishes, Almah announces that the next day would be one of celebration, and she more than makes good on that promise. Vast buffets of food are laid out on all the major streets, with merchants and chefs and entertainers invited to take part in Kelmarane's grand reopening, and she makes sure that there's no shortage of spiced wine available either. The mood is that of the kind of celebration that can only come after months of misery, a potent mixture of the relief and elation of a people grateful to be alive.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:41 pm

A few things are noticeably different about Mahvash as she arrives to the party. The first change is her attire, her armor and most weapons having been exchanged for a stylish, if still sensible, slim dress. She still wears a belt over her dress, as Tempest remains at her side, but this is the only break from her elegant look. The second change is to her hair, which now includes a deep crimson streak among the black. Her hair was never quite long enough to put up fully, but it is arranged in a low style that emphasizes this new look. The last change is that she doesn't arrive alone. Her companion is kayal, a man with attire more relaxed than formal and a smile to match. His hair is kept short, and he has a wiry build to him.

Mahvash smiles to herself as she watches this man take everything in about Kelmarane, occasionally explaining something or introducing someone. "And that's Felliped performing there, along with Giexmund and.... Nisha, I believe," Mahvash points out. The trio are putting on a very engaging performance, and Mahvash waits a moment to see if the act will be wrapping up soon.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:51 pm

"Sure doesn't look like a town that was occupied just a week ago," Mahvash's companion chuckles, his head on a swivel as he takes in the town and all its festivities, accepting a goblet of the spiced wine in the process. When he sees the performance, he pauses to admire it for a moment. "And you had this kind of music available 24/7? Not sure if it compares to animal sounds all day, but it's pretty close," he jokes, laughing and breaking into applause as the act finishes with Giexmund doing multiple flips while juggling.

When the performance ends and the crowd starts to filter on to other distractions, Felliped moves towards Mahvash and her companion with a wide grin. "Mahvash! And who's this, another coworker...?" The bard pauses then, and his eyes flick to their forearms before he laughs and shakes his head in disbelief. "You're kidding... you never told us!"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:55 pm

"Felliped and Giexmund are both extremely skilled, there's never a dull moment in Kelmarane," Mahvash says to her companion as she joins in the applause.

When Felliped joins them, Mahvash has the sense to look at least a little sheepish at his comment. "It never came up?" She quickly clears her throat. "Koray, this is Felliped, the Pathfinder who's been traveling with us for quite some time. Felliped, this is Koray, my husband."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Giexmund saunters over as well, the man wearing an outfit similar to a drum major's, a white vest showing off his biceps and ornamented with golden embroidery. "Never told us what?" Giexmund asks, not even needing to catch his breath. "Husband. Damn, really? This a recent thing?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:01 pm

Koray shakes his head with a low chuckle. "Going on three years now," he replies. "I just found out yesterday that you all didn't know. Typical of her, really." His words sound as though they could be frustrated, but they're delivered with patient good humour. He extends a hand for Giex and Felliped to shake, "Still, good to meet you two, I've heard more of you than you have of me."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:03 pm

"Uh, yeah, a pleasure!" Giexmund says, laughing politely. "Given we've heard literally nothing, I think it's hard to not know more about us. Are you a merchant as well?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:06 pm

"No, he works with different creatures native to the Shadow Plane," Mahvash answers, determinedly pushing through any embarrassed reaction. "We did actually meet through work, but the guild determined it wouldn't really be reasonable to try to transport such creatures, so work was never a real focus."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:08 pm

"Animals tend to be a little less of a pain than customers as I understand it," Koray jokes while shaking Felliped's hand. "And definitely less of a pain than genocidal genies. Let's hope you're all done with them though, I'm sure you've had enough of them, and I've had enough of worrying."

"Amen to that," Felliped agrees. "I used to complain about paperwork, but I'm looking forward to burying myself in it for a couple months."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:12 pm

"In some ways I'll miss the life, but I'm sure I'll figure out an exciting new venture before long," Giexmund responds. "Looking at making a circus. Would you happen to know any good beast tamers?" the man asks, only half a joke.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:15 pm

"Not performative, only professional," Koray replies. "Now, if you're looking for exotic beasts, I might be able to set you up," he adds, also only half-joking.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:16 pm

Now entirely serious, Giexmund responds, "I'll stay in touch."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:21 pm

"You know how to contact me," Koray replies with a meaningful nod to Mahvash.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 pm

While wandering among the festivities, Nari spies Mahvash and her companion, floating down from where she's flying closer to the ground. "It's good to see you again!" Nari signs cheerfully.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:03 am

”Hi Nari, it’s good to see you too,” Mahvash answers in sign and speech, smiling. ”It looks like things have been going very smoothly here with the rebuilding. How’s Father Zastoran?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:10 am

"He's recovered well," Nari signs. "I still wish he hadn't had to go through all that, but he's doing fine now. The temple's been restored too, that helped lift his mood," she adds.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next