Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy of Fire Gameplay

+2
Aviana
maswoon
6 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Legacy of Fire Gameplay - Page 10 Empty Re: Legacy of Fire Gameplay

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Mahvash carefully sits down in a chair as Vardishal and Nefeshti discuss the past, having no room to add comment to that. When the conversation turns to potential wishes, she folds her hands in front of her face, thinking. ”Vardishal, if those three are in fact your only options... what’s your preference?” she asks carefully, slowly.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 pm

"We should talk privately," Vardishal responds, jutting his head towards the door and empty hallway on the other side.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Mahvash nods, bows her head to Nefeshti, and moves as requested.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Once outside, Vardishal visibly sighs. "This sucks," he complains as soon as they're out of earshot. "I don't like any of these options. Either I die, I stay in Tempest, or I roam around as a ghost and probably eventually get destroyed by a group of overzealous Pharasmans."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 pm

”I don’t blame you,” Mahvash answers, eyebrows furrowing in concern. ”I still don’t really understand how it’s possible that part of your soul is gone, though, you already know I don’t have expertise in such matters.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm

"I'm no expert either, but if there's one thing Nefeshti always has been, it's honest. I believe her, which just makes this worse. Ultimately I really only have one option I think. Staying in Tempest forever is untenable, and ultimately will end up being a lifetime of doing nothing unless you plan on going on another grand adventure in the near future," Vardishal's mouth twists into a wry smile at that. "In which case please let me know. But otherwise being a roaming spirit incapable of influencing anything sounds miserable and a good way for me to become a twisted, bitter version of myself. Which leaves only death."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:53 pm

”Well, I’d hardly planned on the first grand adventure,” Mahvash answers, trying to smile but finding it hard to muster the humor. She looks out, thinking. ”I’m sure Nefeshti wasn’t lying, but I still can’t help but wonder if there’s another way,” the merchant comments, tone still cautious. ”Honestly, I was expecting more of something where we might have to create a new body, do some ritual to transfer you there instead of staying in Tempest... something like that, just burn through a lot of diamond dust until it’s fixed.” She rubs her temple with two fingers.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:59 pm

"A new body doesn't solve the problem of my soul. I don't know the specifics of how it works, but I'm not certain I could actually fuel life to a body," Vardishal replies, shaking his head. "And eventually that body will age and die too. Even if it were possible, I don't need to bargain for another 80 years." He pauses thoughtfully, then adds, "And the amount of diamond required for something like that would be enough to save many, many more lives. I'm not worth that much."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Mahvash frowns at the last comment. ”I know better than to engage that particular debate. Anyway, the whole soul thing does complicate things a bit.” She crosses her arms, looking out again. ”Ultimately, it’s your choice,” Mahvash acknowledges with a sigh. ”My role is in this just to make your decisions happen. So... if you want me to make that wish, I will. I don’t want to influence this one way or another.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:11 pm

"I think it's the best choice," Vardishal responds with a solemn nod. "My work here is done. Jhavul is dead and the Pale Mountain region is more secure than it ever has been. That's what I stayed for, I think. I'm sorry to put you in the position to have to make the wish yourself."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Mahvash closes her eyes, trying to get her emotions under control at this.

Trying, trying.

”Was there anything you wanted to do before that, then?” she asks, her constricted throat making her voice croak a little. Trying.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Vardishal just shakes his head. "I don't think so. I'd ask for a last meal, but..." he jokes, trying to lighten the mood a little. "In all seriousness, thank you Mahvash. I've been more alive these past two years than I had been since before I died. You've been a good friend, and I want you to keep Tempest. You're as worthy an heir to it as anyone could be."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Mahvash gives a small smile, and clears her throat. "I'm glad to have given you a lens to experience the world these past two years, at least, and I'm glad to have met you," she answers. "I just wish..." The merchant trails off, and shakes her head. "Well, I suppose there's no point thinking that way, is there." She turns back to go to Nefeshti, before she starts looking for ways to change his mind.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:41 pm

"No, I suppose there isn't," Vardishal agrees, then follows along back to Nefeshti's office.

In her office, Nefeshti turns to them and asks, "Did you decide, then?"

"Yes. I am ready to die," Vardishal confirms, then turns to Mahvash one last time while Nefeshti awaits the wish. "Goodbye, Mahvash. It was fun."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:42 pm

"Well, that's not all it does," Lydia says, her eyes lighting up with excitement. "It's got the same scope and power as a genie's wish, but divine in nature. It can do almost anything magic is capable of accomplishing."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 pm

Mahvash nods, and makes the wish. She doesn't remember the exact wording. Something about his soul finding peace, perhaps.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 pm

And with that, Nefeshti's form emits a pale blue glow, then Vardishal's apparition simply vanishes and his presence from Mahvash's mind is once again gone.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 pm

There's a moment of silence, and Mahvash can't help but feel terribly empty. "How is it that we could save the entire material plane, and we couldn't fix this?" she asks, voice strained, not really expecting any response from Nefeshti. Indeed, there isn't one, and the kayal heads on her way to her residence. Koray, thankfully, is still on this plane with her, and on Mahvash's return, the merchant simply crumples next to him.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Vel blinks and replies, "Ok? Honestly, with all the wishes being slung around lately, I'm not sure I really have anything worth asking for. Then again, I guess I'm still halfway expecting yet another shoe to drop and for us to have to leap back into action. Maybe try Mahvash, or Giex. They might have some interesting ideas for a wish."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 pm

"I had an interesting idea of my own, actually." Lydia's grin widens. "Something I think both you and Krunk would like very much. How would you both like your own separate bodies?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Vel's eyes widen. "Is that a thing that can be done? I honestly didn't realize. I..." He places his hand on his chin, thinking about the proposal. "I'm not sure. What would even happen to me in that case?"
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:11 pm

"Honestly, I'm not entirely sure." Lydia's expression turns more serious and clinical. "It's possible you'll both end up in identical bodies that can shift between your forms, or that you'll become a permanent elf while Krunk is a permanent boar man. You might both retain the same amount of power you have now, or it will be divided. But I am certain it will work. You and Krunk are distinct enough that even if you share a soul, which a part of me doubts in large part because I don't think Pharasma would ever allow the cosmic headache of sorting that divided a soul to exist, I could still separate you from one another."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 pm

I'll pass on the whole "chance of becoming weaker" thing.

Vel narrows his eyes as he thinks about this new option, a fist placed firmly against his mouth. Eventually, he chuckles softly. "You know, there was definitely a time where I would have jumped at the chance. No questions asked, anything to get me away from him. Hells, I would have begged for the chance to kill him. But now..." He looks pensively up at the sky. "I'm just not sure. It almost seems... wrong somehow."

"I can't deny that Krunk's an unrepentant murderer. But he's been at least as valuable throughout this whole ordeal as I have. I'd actually go as far to say that he's been more useful than me. There are certainly some times where we might not have survived without his strength." Vel shakes his head. "If Krunk got his own body and was free to fully make his own decisions, there's no doubt in my mind that he'd do something completely idiotic and wind up needing to be killed. And as much as it leaves a sour taste in my mouth to say it, I'd actually feel bad about that. With all his efforts, I feel like he must deserve some kind of normal life. As much as this passes for normal, anyway."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:52 pm

One of Lydia's eyebrows raises up nearly to her hairline. "I can't say I expected that answer, although I also can't quite say I disagree when you put it that way." She tilts her head to the side. "I'm not exactly his biggest fan but I can't deny he's a valuable comrade. He deserves more than to be remembered as yet another psychopath that needed to be put down." She considers for a moment. "If I'm being perfectly honest, I was thinking of his freedom as much as yours when I had this idea. But if it's not what you want, then that's your decision."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 pm

With a somewhat weary chuckle, Vel replies, "Can't say I really expected that answer myself. If you were wanting Krunk's input on the matter, he mentioned not wanting to risk becoming weaker, which honestly doesn't surprise me much."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next