Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flameborn

5 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Flameborn - Page 8 Empty Re: The Flameborn

Post by leonathemoth Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:23 pm

"Can we use it?"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:42 am

Helba nods. "I can show you where it is, follow me. Rugak," she shouts at one of the other goblins. "Keep these knuckleheads from eating each other."

Meanwhile, the humans begin searching the rest of the Citadel. Not much fruitful occurs, although Alak does pull a couple coins out of the training dummies. "Old tradition. A silver for every failed strike. We learn quickly not to miss." However, aside from this, there's nothing you seemed to have missed. However, as you begin searching the clerk's office, you hear the sound of flapping from above you.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:32 pm

Caught by surprise, the giant bat swoops down from above, rendering Alak unconscious in a single bite. Mateo tries to strike back at it, while Orinda casts a spell in an effort to blind it, but the creature shrugs off their best efforts, and sends Mateo to the ground as well. Though she hates it, Orinda recognizes that the best thing for her to do is flee and find help, and so she does.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:34 pm

Orinda reaches Telv and Sayl just before Helba can lead them to the secret entrance, and with a rushed explanation, the four rush to Mateo's aid, finding the bat making a meal of Alak on their return. It shrieks it's offense at the interrupted feeding as Orinda launches a small flame at it, flying at the party and dropping Telv instantly with a vicious bite.
Sayl is at her sister's side immediately, ensuring she's stable for the moment before raising her shield against the bat coming after her next, while Orinda gives Telv a healing potion to get her back on her feet.
Telv is quick to swing a mighty blow against the beast even as Sayl cries for her to back away, but Sayl can only watch helplessly as the bat strikes Telv down once again, her worry distracting her long enough for the bat to get it's fangs in her next, but a lucky flick of her shield stops the bat's wing from putting her down along with her sister, and gives her an opening to push it back.
The fear and worry in Sayl's heart are then replaced with the grim numbness of a woman facing her death yet determined to make something of it - reaching for the second and last potion the remaining pair carried, she attempts to convince Orinda to leave her behind, determined against hope to save her sister or die trying yet unwilling to risk a stranger's life as well as her own, only to be frustrated by Orinda's stubborn refusal.
After a brief moment, when it's clear she can't convince Orinda to flee, she sighs and drinks the potion, petting Tunare softly, "I'm sorry, Telv. I should have... "...Tunare, go!" she calls, guiding her pet, the wolf's fangs lucky enough to pierce something vital, and bring it down just before it could strike at them again.

With the bat downed, and their lives saved from the brink of calamity, Sayl nearly collapses numb on the spot, but she manages to hold herself together, at least long enough to tend to the unconcious pair's wounds, though the creeping exhaustion of the day's battles leaves her work sloppy and ineffectual, as she asks Orinda's help to carry Telv and Mateo from the citadel.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:37 pm

"I'll try my best with Mateo, but the best I might be able to manage is just dragging him," Orinda says with a grim nod. "That won't hurt him any worse, will it?" she asks.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:39 pm

"Watch what you drag him over, I suppose. There's not much else we can do, we need to get them out of here. Get all of us out of here, back to town where we can rest safely," Sayl replies after a moment of thought
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:41 pm

Orinda nods. "Do you think Tunare could drag the Hellknight's body back too? We should at least make sure he gets buried."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:56 pm

Sayl immediately shakes her head "It's possible, but he can wait for burial tomorrow. Not wasting time or energy, mine or Tunare's, on his body when I've got a sister to protect first."
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:00 pm

Orinda decides not to press the matter further. "Alright, tomorrow. Let's get Mateo and Telv back to safety."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:32 am

Telv and Mateo both stir as you cross the threshold of the Citadel and head back onto the road.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 am

Telv groans as she stirs, she slowly gets to her feet with the help of Sayl. "S-sorry sis..."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:57 am

Sayl holds her sister in an almost-crushingly tight hug, weeping in relief. "You're... It's okay, Telv. Thank you, for not leaving me..." she whispers.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:01 am

Telv hugs her sister back. "I almost did....saw mom and dad and everyone else....they told me to go back to you, to tell you everything..." Telv buries her face into her sister, "I was there....when the dragon attacked. I saw it burn our parents....that's why I've been so obsessed with dragons since..."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:26 am

Stunned into momentary silence, Sayl holds her sister closer. "Oh Telv, I'm so sorry... I should've been there then, I should've..."
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:36 am

Telv squeezes her sister. "I know you're older, but you don't have to act the big sister all the time. You....We're both allowed to make mistakes"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:05 am

She smiles, "Yeah, and we both have, haven't we. At least we can try to stop each other from making too many, right?"
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:08 am

"Yeah, Let's do better when we get back into it" She leans against her sister on the way to the town again.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:10 am

Sayl leans against her sis as much as supports her, walking side by side
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:56 am

The walk back to town is quiet and somber. It's still early afternoon as you pass through the gates, and while people take notice of you they're familiar enough with injured adventurers to know not to bother you.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Telv goes to drink her troubles away at Cayden's Keg. She's staying at the Wizard's Grace so a change of scenery might do her some good.
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:21 pm

Though still quite injured, Mateo manages to drag himself to the mortician's place. He greets her with a simple "Hi."
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Cayden's Keg is normally a lively establishment bustling with people, but as it's still only a few hours past noon, there's only a few barflies who serve as almost permanent fixtures. Behind the bar is a tall ginger woman with her hair pulled back in a messy bun who greets Telv with a warm smile as she enters. "One of the heroes of the town hall fire, come ta grace my humble abode. Welcome ta the Keg miss, what can I get for ya?"

Meanwhile, Morta's Mortuary looks far less welcoming, a slightly lopsided old two-story townhouse made of dark wood with smoky tinted windows. Morta, a small human woman with short, dark hair and flowing robes of black silk and lace, a prominent symbol of Pharasma hanging around her neck. She spreads her arms wide as the bell above the the door rings and Mateo drags herself in. "Welcome!" she booms theatrically, stepping out from behind a small round table upon which there lays a crystal ball, a deck of cards and several dice made of what looks suspiciously like bone. "I see you find yourself upon the cusp of death. Do you seek aid towards the salvation of mortality, or towards the comforting embrace of the eternal thereafter?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:47 pm

"Um. I'd rather not die, thanks." Mateo chuckles.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:34 pm

Sayl heads to the Quarters and Bits soon after finding out where Telv's going to meet up later.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:19 pm

"Ah, few appreciate the finality of this life," Morta clucks her tongue. "Nevertheless, your time is clearly not nigh. Come, enter my domain and receive the blessings of healing that the Lady bestows upon me."

The door to the building jingles as you enter a small reception area with a counter in front of the back wall and a cased opening on either side. To the left, you can see a glint of steel, and the ringing sound of hammer on metal echoes out into this area. The sign above this opening reads "Quarters" and features a well-armored guard standing on either side of the word, one with a sword in both hands pointed down at the ground and the other with a shield and sword at the ready. On the opposite side, there appear to be several aisles filled with varying goods. The sign here says Bits, the words this time flanked only by two sacks, one spilling out a few coins of gold and the other full of supplies.

Standing behind the counter appears to be a sharply dressed goblin in a jaunty hat who grins toothily when you enter. "Oh my, if it isn't one of our fine town's latest esteemed adventurers." He hops to the left twice, disappearing beneath the counter after the first hop only for his head to pop back up, then down on the second. A second later he strides through the swinging door separating the counter area from the main reception, arms spread wide. "Welcome, welcome to Quarters and Bits, the only combination general store and armory in the tri-county area. What can I help you with today? Sword need sharpening? Rations for the road? Or are you just looking for the best offers you'll get anywhere in Breachill on recovered merchandise?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next