Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flameborn

5 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Flameborn - Page 9 Empty Re: The Flameborn

Post by Eagleheart Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:20 pm

"Do you promise not to kill me?" Mateo says, managing a smile, and lets Morta do her thing.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:20 pm

"Recovered merchandise...?" Sayl asks, before shaking her head, "No, never mind, I'm just looking for potions today, thank you"
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Telv looks over the bar a little, and is soon surprised by the welcome she receives. "Something light, I'm still dealing with some injuries. Besides, I'm not one for heavy drinking this time of day."
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:35 pm

"Of course, of course," Morta says, running one finger along the spiral pattern of her holy symbol and the other in a matching spiral pattern over Mateo's injuries. "You come to me seeking aid, and aid is what I offer. It would hardly be aiding to give you that which you desire least."

----

"Potions? Haha, easy enough. Come with me!" The goblin leads Sayl through the door into Bits and down one of the aisles of shelves, to a section lined with several glass bottles and vials containing a multitude of colorful liquids. "What sort of potions are you in the market for, invisibility potion, potion of quickness, potion of healing, truesight potion, truth potion, potion of water breathing, panacea, pick you poison, er, potion."

----

The bartender grins. "Yeah, I can imagine that. Gotta be a rough life out there. Give me a mo and I'll have somethin' right out for ya." True to her word, Telv soon has a mug of light ale and a roast beef sandwich in front of her. "Sandwich is on the house, on account of one of yer friends savin' me life the other day."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:16 pm

Sayl mostly tunes him out as he goes on and on down the list, though when he finally finishes, "Three of healing is all I need today; two minor and a lesser if possible"
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:23 pm

"Then shouldn't you save the sandwich for them? Not that I'm complaining about free food!" Telv laughs a little then winces as it pulls on a still healing injury. "I'm surprised I did so well in the fire...Flames and I don't really get along well"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 am

"Oh, sure, sure. Tell you what, if you make that five healing spells I'll throw in a third minor for free!" The goblin winks at Sayl, picking up one of the minor healing potions on the shelf.

"Oh, I've got a free meal coming to all of you, you're just the first in," the bartender says with a wink. "Brynne Taithe, by the way, your friendly local priestess of Cayden."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:25 pm

"No, just give me what I asked for, thank you," Sayl responds sharply.

After a moment, her tone softer, "... Sorry, I don't mean to be that harsh, it's just been a dangerous day."
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:55 pm

"I'll be sure to inform them of their awaiting meals then. My sister should be meeting me here after she's done shopping" Telv says, taking a drink of ale, "Oh? I'm Telv, nice to meet you Brynne"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:34 pm

"Thanks very much. Do I owe you anything?"
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm

The goblin chuckles. "Please, that's hardly the harshest response I've gotten. Gotta try though, there's always room for more profit." He pulls two more potions down, another minor and a lesser. "20 gold pieces for these three potions and my apologies if I've inconvenienced your day."

-----

"You as well, Telv." Another customer enters and sits further down the bar, and Brynne nods in acknowledgment to him. "Let me know if ya need anything. Alf!" She turns from Telv and grins widely at the man. "What can I get for ya today?

-----

"7 gold," Morta declares with her usual flair. "Lest I run afoul of the International Mage's Charter."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:41 pm

Mateo sighs and pays the lady, then makes his way to the town archive.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:05 pm

Sayl hands over the gold, and thanks the goblin, tucking the potions away before heading over to join her sister at Cayden's Keg, taking a seat next to her at the bar.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Telv smiles as Sayl enters. The sandwich has been consumed and the ale well into the second cup. "Sister! You're here~"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pm

"Of course I have, I wasn't gonna be long behind you either way!"
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by leonathemoth Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:30 pm

"Want something to drink? I think Brynne is offering food to the heroes"
leonathemoth
leonathemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Sayl nods, "That would be great, honestly."
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:49 pm

The archive is a small stone building only a few blocks from the town hall. There are a few small rooms inside, each of which has rows and rows of bookcases and filing cabinets within. A few moments after Mateo walks in a tall skinny half-orc with dark hair and glasses enters the front room, a book held in hand. "Good afternoon Mr... Orello, was it? I'm sorry, I don't believe we're well acquainted. Is there something I can assist you with?"

Brynne swings by, taking Sayl's food and drink order and bringing it to her a few minutes later. "Anything else I can get for ya ladies?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:15 pm

"Just call me Mateo," he insists. "And... it's a long shot, but I was wonderin' if you have any information about wargs. Books, folk knowledge... anything will do."

Last edited by Nimbostratus on Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:45 pm

"Could I get a treat for my pet wolf perhaps? Otherwise, this is plenty already; thank you." Sayl replies, starting to eat her sandwich
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:17 pm

"Wargs, wargs... let me think." The half-orc taps his chin briefly. "I think there might be something, hold on." He retreats to a room in the rear, returning a few minutes later with a leatherbound book titled Beasts of Old Cheliax. "It's slightly outdated, but the information on wargs in here should be accurate."

"Sure thing. Just remember the rules: yer companion breaks it, you buy it, and if it eats someone ye're payin' the life insurance." Brynne chuckles at her own joke before heading back into the kitchen and returning with a small slab of uncooked bacon on a plate which she sets down for the wolf.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleheart Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:31 pm

"Nice! Thanks very much." Mateo gladly takes the book, then retires to his house.
Eagleheart
Eagleheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:22 pm

"Oh, don't worry; she wouldn't hurt a fly - unless I told her to, anyway," Sayl jokes back as she pets Tunare gently, lowering the bacon to her
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Perci Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:49 pm

After finishing their various activities around town, the group turns in for some severely needed rest and wound licking, returning to the citadel the next day. By mutual agreement, they decide to seek the warg pups before talking to Helba again.
Perci
Perci

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 pm

The pups are locked in pitched play-fight as you enter their room, and don't notice you.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next