Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

5 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I - Page 13 Empty Re: Ruins of Azlant Gameplay I

Post by Nix Machina Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:22 am

A smooth metal dais rises from the floor of this chamber, surrounded by four crystal pillars containing fine threads of silver in angular patterns. Sputtering, irregular lights flicker and flash from each crystal pillar, and arcane sigils on the floor of the dais spark and crackle with energy. Amissa immediately moves over to the dais and begins fiddling with it, and after some short tinkering, the crystal pillars flare to life and the arcane sigils on the dais crackle with activity. A moment later, a spectral image of a robed figure in an ornate helmet that obscures its face flickers into view.

“The time we have been preparing for is now upon us. Our enemies move to bring about our end, but we will not allow them this victory. Hold fast, remain brave, and have faith that the final solution is at hand. Soon we will rid the world of this veiled menace. Glory to Azlant!”

The spectral figure raises a clenched fist and then disappears like the blown-out flame of a candle. Amissa translates the Azlanti speech for the group, then begins furiously writing in her notebook. "This lines up with a lot of what we've already found," she says as she's writing, "but I'm not sure what the 'final solution' that they reference here is. I haven't heard anything about that in my studies. An interesting note is that the helmet is a decemvirate helm, not unlike the projection we found early on near the monkey goblins. With that in mind, I think it's likely that the individual here is a high-ranking member of Azlanti society. It's hard to say how much of this is propaganda versus fact, unfortunately... I'll have to make a note to come back here once this place is cleared out and see how much I can uncover."
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Machina Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 am

The group moves on to the next room. The ceiling of this chamber collapsed long ago, filling much of what was once a colossal vault with stone debris and water. A musty odor wafts up from the stagnant pools on the floor, and mold encrusts the walls and ceiling. Most of what was contained in here lies in twisted heaps of corroded metal and smashed crystal. After some looking around, Amissa finds a disk-shaped ioun stone, a gauntlet, and some sheets of engraved metal with schematics for an orrery designed to chart the course of the planets in Golarion's solar system. Amissa looks over all of the items, flapping her hands. "There's so much interesting stuff here! This gauntlet looks like ioun stones can be embedded into it, enhancing their effects. The ioun stone looks like it enhances the wearer's understanding of mechanical systems. And these schematics!" She jumps up and down. "I want to look over all of this in more detail. We need to bring this back with us."
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Kaimana quickly figures out how to adjust his bag to carry all the items. ”Should be no problem... what kinds of enhancements?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Machina Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 pm

"It depends!" Amissa begins babbling as Kaimana puts away the items. "If it works anything like the pathfinder wayfinders, which I'm pretty sure it does, the enhancements vary based on the shape of the ioun stone. I'll need to do some proper experimentation to figure out all the combinations and how it interacts with different varieties of ioun stones."
Nix Machina
Nix Machina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 am

Kaimana nods as if he follows what Amissa’s saying and asks a couple more questions as they head out, curious to see what the end result will be.

The group decides to pack up and head back to the colony with their finds. Once Kaimana finishes packing up his stuff, he sighs and goes to Aisha. ”Hey, do you mind talking for a minute?” he asks her, rubbing the back of his neck.

Last edited by Aviana on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 am

Aisha looks up to him after making sure all her own stuff is in order. "Not at all!" she smiles. "What's up?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:39 am

They step a bit away from Amissa and Jax, and Kaimana tries to pick his words. ”Um, yesterday when I left, I didn’t really believe you,” Kaimana explains, thinking. ”I know sometimes you say what you think will make people feel better, and not always what you’re actually thinking? But, thinking about it later, that seemed kind of unfair, so... sorry, I think. I’ll take you at your word next time.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:45 am

Aisha winces subtly when Kaimana calls her habit of telling those comforting lies out, but then relaxes and smiles when he apologizes, shaking her head. "It's me who should be sorry. I shouldn't have insulted you like that before, I really didn't mean it and I just get less careful about my words when I'm worked up. In case you didn't notice by the uh... Celestial," she offsets the apology with a little joke at her own expense at the end.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 am

Kaimana nods, thinking further. ”I don’t really want to talk about this,” he starts, slowly, ”but it’s mostly being an idiot. It’s not something I like people noticing about me. Anyway, just wanted to clear that up, sorry. Ready to go back?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 am

Aisha notices a quirk of his phrasing there, the use of the word noticing, but she decides that now isn't the right place. And she might not be the right messenger. "I understand," she nods slowly. "But yeah, we should get going back, I think we all could use a bit of rest and warm food now, right?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:35 am

The party arrives back at the colony in the evening, after an uneventful day of traveling, just in time for supper. The mood in the colony is strange, at once buzzing with energy, yet also subdued, people seeming to be gossiping more than usual.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:37 am

Looking around, Kaimana notices Kereda nearby and waves. ”How’s it going?” Kaimana asks, sitting down with dinner. ”Seems like something’s up, but I just got back.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:40 am

Kereda nods. "Right, you wouldn't have heard. Andvara Jeclair has been on a hunger strike. Started not too long after your group left, she's protesting the dangerous living conditions here," Kereda explains. "Says she won't eat until Ramona takes more serious measures to protect us from the local perils. She's got the right idea, if you ask me."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:43 am

Kaimana blinks several times, trying to wrap his mind around this form of protest. ”She’s not eating?” he finally repeats in disbelief. ”What good is that supposed to do her?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:48 am

"I think the idea is to make Ramona feel guilty enough to make some changes," Kereda explains. "I'm no expert on political protests or anything like that, though."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:52 am

”So, wait, she thinks Ms. Avandth is going to feel guilty, and somehow find a miraculous way to do more than she’s been doing for the colony? And the best strategy to make a point about unsafe conditions is to make yourself weak until someone helps you?” Kaimana continues to look absolutely baffled, and takes a big bite of his own food as he thinks. ”That seems kind of like stabbing yourself in the foot. Why would you choose to not eat?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am

Aisha seeks out Carver at dinner, figuring that he had a good head on his shoulders, an ear to the ground, and he was one of the people looped in on the stickier issues. Plus, she had Pathfinder stuff to share with him. Once she spots him, a bowl of stew in one hand, she flashes him a smile and a wave and moves to sit next to him.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 am

"Well, it's not something I could so, that's for sure," Kereda notes as he takes a bite of his dinner. "Still, though, it's got everyone talking about it, so that's good."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 am

Carver is sitting alone for his dinner, but smiles when Aisha approaches. "Ah, hello! Come to report your latest findings, Pathfinder?" he quips.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 am

”I can’t tell if she realizes how weak and less safe that’s going to make her,” Kaimana adds with a mutter and a frown, jabbing at his food. ”Do you know exactly what she thinks should be done differently, or? I mean, I guess Aisha could probably talk to her and find out, but...”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 am

Aisha chuckles, corner of her mouth curling upwards in a smirk. "Sure, long as you can tell me what's going on around here," she gestures at the rest of the colony. "Seems like something's up."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 am

"Ah, yes. Andava's hunger strike," Carver says, the smile fading from his face. "People are making entirely too big of a deal of it, if you ask me."

"What I've heard is that she's wanting us to focus on finishing and extending the wall around the colony. Give us some real, physical protection." Kereda says.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:33 am

”What the - doesn’t she - “ Kaimana stops and closes his eyes. ”Sorry, Kereda, I know you’re just telling me.” He sighs and opens his eyes again. ”I just... isn’t everything else happening on the island just as important? We have to eat, we have to have places to sleep safely, she’s only here to begin with because she wants to make money, isn’t she? There’s not really anything to take away from to work more on the wall...” Kaimana stabs at his food again. ”I guess I should check with a few people.” He sighs again.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:37 am

"Sorry to get you worked up," Kereda apologizes. "Still though, something's gotta change, or I don't think staying here is a good idea."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:40 am

Kaimana gulps down the last of his food. ”S’not you. I’m gonna go catch up with some people, see what to do with this. One of these days we gotta come back to everything being just fine, seriously, then we can just have some fun.” He stands up and waves.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next