Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Ferret Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 pm

"Ah'll keep an eye out when we're in the same spot," Corey promises. Currently, though, he's on his way to the senate floor, seeking out the man of the hour. It isn't hard to find him, as Kalbio's calloused hands, sun-beaten face and clear discomfort in stuffy noble clothes set him apart as the only other person in the room that works for a living. "'Scuse me, yer Kalbio, right? Name's Corey. Ah jus' wanted ta say congratulations."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 pm

"Oh, thank ya," Kalbio brightens up when someone talks to him without pretense or judgment. "The princess was real kind ta push for this for me. Lady Morilla and Baron Okerra too, real kind folk all of 'em."

On the Senate floor, Sarina completely crushes a particularly odious young man, and afterwards she finds herself by approached by a middle-aged half-elf with silvery hair and striking blue eyes, a smirk on his lips, who bows to her on approach. "Well done. He was completely insufferable, I was hoping someone might send him away, but he wouldn't even speak with me," the man runs a finger over his tapered ears to illustrate his point.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 pm

"Ah've been meetin' with all kinds'a nice nobles tonight. When ya get past all the strange rules and customs, turns out they're just folks like you an' me." Corey pauses before chuckling. "Well, Ah suppose it's just like me now."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:20 pm

"It was my pleasure to remove such an offensive presence from the debate floor here," Sarina says with a smile and a curtsey.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm

"Well, all Ah've done is make some purdy weaving, Ah'm still Kalbio of Breezy Creek. Sides, if you're here, y'know, you can't be just like everyone else?" Kaldio points out with a tilt to his head.

"I doubt he will be returning to this floor tonight," the half-elf adds with a low chuckle. "Oh, but where are my manners? Judge Dartist Mercenian, at your service. You have been faring quite well here tonight."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

"Nah, Ah am. A friend pulled some strings an' got me inta this shindig, but a month ago Ah was still muckin' out stables." Corey grins. "What, ya couldn't tell Ah'm a commoner from the everythin' about me?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm

"Not every commoner has a friend who kin get 'em into a place like this," Kalbio chuckles and shakes his head. "Where're ya from, Corey?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 pm

"Kallen," Corey answers. "Little place in Tandak, ain't hardly enough folks ta even be called a town."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 pm

"Sarina Karthis, very nice to meet you," Sarina says, with another curtsey. "I'm quite pleased that my skills at debate have managed to attracted the attention of such a sharp legal mind as yourself. I'm sure you could have done far better than I though. Your reputation of possessing a keen mind and sound judgement precedes you."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 am

"Same as Breezy Creek then," Kalbio replies, smiling wide. "Ah just got lucky nuff that mah parents saved up to buy mah tools an' prenticeship."

"Only among those who haven't been on the defendant's bench," Dartist laughs. "Debating itself has never been my forte, I much prefer to observe and assess. But did you know that young man you just trounced has a long history of abusing his non-human servants? All within the bounds of the law, but only just."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:37 pm

Once more, Josie works on spying on Pythareus, and this time she manages to get quite close while he talks with fellow opponents of the repeal of primogeniture. They spend quite a while talking strategy, and they sound slightly doubtful that the key swing votes will go their way, with Pythareus sounding quite personally disappointed that Baron Okerra opposes them publicly. But then he adds "I understand the concerns about stability without a legal heir to the throne, but I can assure everyone that should this vote succeed, the issue of succession will still be settled for good regardless."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Sarina shakes her head. "Perhaps in the future, those laws will be changed, hmm? Soon, perhaps it will be women who gain some measure of equality. Then next, perhaps it will be the other races."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 pm

"Aye, but until then, allow me to thank the ones who show people like him the door. Here," Dartist pulls a simple ring emblazoned with his family's name - not a signet ring, but one more traditionally associated with gestures of friendship and favour. "I'd like you to have this. Despite my heritage, my name does carry some weight in certain circles, and so this connection might be of some use to you."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:27 pm

"Thank you very much, Judge Dartist," Sarina says, accepting the ring. "I don't have anything to give you in return, but a promise that whenever needed, I will be showing people like that the way out."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 am

"That will do just fine, I think. It has been a pleasure, Lady Sarina," Judge Dartist Mercenian gives her a last bow, then heads up to the gallery, no doubt to check on a child or a nephew of some kind.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:35 am

"Ah ain't much a believer in luck mahself," Corey muses. "Way Ah figure, it ain't luck that Ah learned how ta fight, or that Ah got the connections Ah did. It was cuz Ah worked hard. You did the same. Yer folks helped ya get started cuz they loved you, an' you took that an' made something of yerself outta it with yer own two hands."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 am

"That's a purdy good way of lookin' at it, Corey," Kaldio grins. "Hey, do ya mind if I stay with ya for a little while? Don't really know many folks here, sides Baron Okerra and Lady Morilla, and there's a whole lot of folk who ain't happy I'm here."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:45 am

"A'course,' Corey returns the grin. "Ah ain't exactly in mah element here mahself. S'nice havin' someone ta talk to who Ah ain't gotta dance on eggshells around."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 am

Josie slips off to a bathroom, and taps on her badge. She lets Martella know what Pythareus had been saying, with particular emphasis on his last statement. As she finishes her report, she asks, "Should I keep tailing him, or do you have enough for your purposes?"
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am

"That's concerning, but I think you've found the most valuable piece of information we're going to get. Thank you, you're clear to spend the rest of your evening how you will," Martella replies. "I'll make sure that information gets to the ones who need to know."

As these events occur, Adelaide looks into what subjects of conversation Count Zespire would be amenable to, and finds several subjects that would be of interest to him and make a better impression on him. Momo attempts to do some digging into Countess Pace, but can't find anyone willing to discuss ways to approach her.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:54 am

Armed with knowledge, Adelaide heads off to find the count. She finds him in the archives, sending off one of his aides with a stack of letters. "Good evening, Count Zespire," she greets him at an appropriate volume for the area, giving a small curtsey and a smile. "I am Lady Adelaide Morilla. I was hoping I might borrow a moment of your time?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:57 am

Zespire's face flashes with immediate recognition at her last name and he gives Adelaide an easy smile. "Of course, Lady Adelaide. I don't suppose your aunt sent you to try to whip my vote?" he jokes and chuckles, a clear jest given that his stance on the vote was already very public and clear and he was a staunch ally to Princess Eutropia.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:11 am

Adelaide laughs at this. "She's not in the habit of sending me to convince others, particularly not when they're obviously lost causes," she answers, smiling to convey the last is a joke. "Actually, I was simply looking to meet you. My aunt has a great deal of respect for you, and I understand that you often look for ways to cross political divides to accomplish what Taldor really needs."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:14 am

"That's a high compliment," Zespire smiles wide and nods to Adelaide. "And I do my best attempt at it. What good are our political games if we can't secure trade routes to bring supplies to our farmers or bring their goods to market?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:30 am

Adelaide nods, and they discuss issues of trade and security concerns. Adelaide articulates seeing investment into security as a way of ensuring trade remains stable.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next