Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 33 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:10 am

”This is an archive for items of value. People are free to withdraw a single item at a time and do with it as they wish. No more items may be withdrawn by anyone, however, until the previous item has been replaced with something else,” Factor 12 explains.

With that explained, Factor 12 accepts the offered trade and the group files out of the archives again. It’s about a 20 minute walk to Gloriana’s, which is a 3 story, red stone building amongst several like it in the nicest district on the city’s edge. It’s surrounded by a dark steel fence and there are four guards posted at the gate in addition to several more patrolling the grounds. The guards let the four noblewomen and Corey in immediately, and Gloriana is found waiting by the door, dressed simply in a dark green tunic and beige riding pants. ”Oh good, you made it,” she smiles. ”Welcome to my home, you should be safe to rest for the night here, and consider yourselves welcome whenever you need a place to hide in Oppara.”

Last edited by Nobody7713 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 33 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by maswoon Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:00 pm

Momo sighs in relief and says, ”Thank you, Lady Morilla,” at once again the picture of sweetness. ”We’ve been stuck underground for quite some time, how have things progressed on the surface?”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:05 pm

”Please, it’s just Gloriana while you’re here. We’re a bit past standing on ceremony,” Gloriana waves her hand dismissively. ”The assassins were captured or dispersed, and on the surface the city guard are maintaining regular order, but the entire political landscape has fractured. There are at least a dozen people trying to claim the throne, all vying for support for their bid. Both Eutropia and Stavian are missing - Charlotte, Marquess Deschamps to you, is looking for the princess as we speak. Most of the claimants are arguing that Stavian not only abdicated his right to the throne, but delegitimized his entire line. We’re a hair’s breadth from civil war.”

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:07 pm

”I’m surprised we’re still a hair’s breadth from it,” Adelaide comments with a sigh. ”I should get those lists ready - is more combat appropriate clothing on hand for Momo, Sarina, or Josie? I don’t think my clothing would work for them.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:08 pm

"Ah mean..." Corey says slowly, eyes darkening. "He murdered a noble and tried ta slaughter the entire Senate, if that don't get ya kicked off yer throne Ah don't know what does."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:12 pm

”I can ensure that there are outfits ready for everyone in the morning,” Gloriana promises. ”And Corey, the issue is not that they believe Stavian is illegitimate, it’s that they extend that illegitimacy to Eutropia as well. Some are arguing that the Senate vote was invalid as well, but that mostly depends on who you ask.”

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:13 pm

”Great. I’ll prepare the list of locations for agents to check immediately, and then a shopping list after that,” Adelaide answers, going to do so.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Momo nods and finds the nearest wall to lean against, letting agitation again seep into her expression. ”Gloriana, then. If regular order has been restored, my fathe— my family is still all well, then? No mass rebellion in the streets?” Momo blows an errant tuft of hair away from her face. ”That’s almost disappointing,” she mutters.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:42 pm

"Well, that part sure as heck ain't right." Corey frowns. "Ya shouldn't be held ta task fer the sins of yer father, and how're ya gonna say the Senate vote don't count when Stavian opposed it so hard in the first place. It ain't their fault he went crazy."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:44 pm

”Taldor isn’t often credited for its common sense, Corey,” Momo responds, folding her arms.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:46 pm

"It's nothing more than political opportunism," Gloriana replies. "They see an opportunity to possibly take the throne for themselves, a once in a millenium opportunity, and they don't want to pass it up."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:49 pm

”If Princess Eutropia lives, there is no reason she should not stand on the throne. Not only does she have the bloodline, she has the political right and canny,” Momo responds.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm

Corey nods. "Ah can't see how any a' these selfish jackasses takin' the throne'd be any better than Stavian himself. They ain't interested in what's best fer the country at all."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 pm

”You’re thinking about it too nobly,” Adelaide comments, having finished the first list and bringing it back out. ”These are opportunists, not people who think they can do better by Taldor. They see power vulnerable, and they want it for themselves.”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:03 pm

”Bloody anarchists.”
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:31 pm

"Quite, but that's a problem for later. My highest priority right now is finding and ensuring Princess Eutropia's safety. I trust you all to get Martella back tomorrow, and once those two are safe we can discuss next steps," Gloriana frowns. "My hope is that Eutropia just knew to keep her head down and will send word soon."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:36 pm

Adelaide nods. "Let us hope. In the meantime, did you want to hear about where we ended up?"
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:42 pm

"Yes please, I'd like to know how you found the real Dignity's Barb... and why you've carried a tattooed dire rat into my home," Gloriana nods with a curious eyebrow cocked.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Blinking, Adelaide looks back to see the rat. "Huh, I forgot about him. He's a mage, somehow. Though, on the subject of bringing other creatures to you, we've also got three gishvits stowed among our bags."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:44 pm

"And we made friends with an awful nice kobold," Corey chips in.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:51 pm

Gloriana chuckles at Corey's interjection, then raises both eyebrows at the mention of gishvits. "Fascinating creatures, those. I'll try not to clue them in on just how much I know or they'll never leave me be."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:53 pm

"I already invited all three to stay with me, since I can keep them busy enough, but they need not trouble you if you prefer," Adelaide answers with a grin. "I also thought memories of this evening might be good to transcribe in as much detail as possible. But, this is very scattered, and perhaps the better place to start this story would be at the start."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:17 pm

After listening to the entire tale, it's all Gloriana can do to chuckle. "Quite the tale. Though I have to laugh that your first instinct when finding yourselves in ancient archives was to loot the place. Not that I blame you, I'd do the same in a heartbeat."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:19 pm

"I think the plan was to return any historical items at least once the danger passed," Adelaide points out with a small blush. "But, well, it hasn't, and likely won't soon."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:20 pm

"Now why would you do that? No-one's going to miss them, it's not like there was an inventory of what was down there," Gloriana quips with a grin. "Hang onto them, put them on display when you have your own place, and if any guests ask where you got them just smile enigmatically."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next