Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy of Fire Gameplay

+2
Aviana
maswoon
6 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Legacy of Fire Gameplay - Page 8 Empty Re: Legacy of Fire Gameplay

Post by bloodrayne03 Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Krunk, who had only given the conversation a brief nod as far as attention goes, had to stop and process what was being said. "Wait wait wait, you're married?" The barbarian looked over Koray, squinting all the while. "Is she like, not as frigid at home? Or are you just into that?"
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:58 pm

"I'd say there's a difference between frigid and measured," Koray replies diplomatically, chuckling and shaking his head. "So you're Krunk, I've heard quite a bit about you."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:09 pm

Krunk raises an eyebrow. "Yeah? Well I haven't heard shit about you." With that, he takes another large swig of ale.

Just then a slurred voice calls out, Heeeeyyy, Mahvash is married? That's sho craaaaaaazy. Let me shay hiiii.

The barbarian rolls his eyes, and mutters, "Ugh." With that, his head slumps.

Swiftly shifting to his elven form, Vel begins slowly slipping out of his seat before Haleen's hand finds the collar of his shirt and pulls him upright. Clearly drunk, Vel too loudly greets, "Mahvaaaaash! You didn't tell me you had a hushband! I can't believe we've been though all thish messh, and you're only jusht showing him to ush." The elf pouts, though the look is comically different from the usual kind of pout worn by his face.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:11 pm

”And you’ve heard about Vel too, though not generally like this,” Mahvash comments as means of half-introduction to Koray. ”When would this have come up, anyway, Vel?”
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:14 pm

The elf's brow furrows as he attempts to think, but the attempt is soon abandoned with a sloppy wave. "Lishten, that'sh not the point here. I probably would've told you if I wash married. I'm not, because who the fuck would marry thish kind of a messh, but SHTILL! That'sh the kind of thing you tell friendsh." He looks to Haleen. "Haleen, you'd tell me if you were married, right?"

After a moment, he stops and looks back at Mahvash, looking wounded. "Wait, doesh that mean we're not friendsh?"
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm

"Vel, you would have been at my fucking wedding," Haleen points out, rolling her eyes. "Yes, I'd tell you if I was married."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Pointing to Haleen, Vel loudly proclaims, "Shee? I'd have been at her wedding! I didn't even get invited to your wedding, Mavash!" The elf looks very distressed by this revelation.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Mahvash pinches the bridge of her nose. "No, Vel, it just means there was never a reason to bring it up," she answers, sounding perhaps a touch frustrated. "This isn't a reflection on our friendship. Also, we hadn't met when I got married."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Vel narrows his eyes suspiciously. "That shoundsh very convenient. Too convenient." Eyes still narrowed, the elf takes a small drink of his ale, and immediately makes a face. "Ugh, thish ish what he'sh been getting ush drunk off? Fucker could have at leasht gotten shome damn wine."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:24 pm

"Koray can verify my story," Mahvash answers lightly, giving a small smile. "He was there, after all."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:26 pm

The elf rolls his eyes, "Well obvioushly he'sh going to agree with whatever you shay. You're married. That'sh like, hish job."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:39 pm

"Now that's not entirely true," Koray shakes his head again, smirking. "For example, I don't agree that it's reasonable to go two years without telling your friends that you're married," he points out, taking Vel's side.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:41 pm

"I can't believe Nari's my only refuge in this situation," Mahvash comments, frowning and crossing her arms. "Vardishal gave me grief about that too, nearly as soon as he could speak directly with me."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

"As I should have," Vardishal's voice emanates from Tempest at Mahvash's hip. "Mind, none of you talk about your families or history at all so all of you are pretty strange in that regard. It's completely different from how we Templars interacted when we were still together."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 pm

"Well, everyone has different focuses," Mahvash answers Vardishal with a shrug.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:34 pm

"And apparently yours is not sharing anything about your life at all," Koray jabs Mahvash with a little grin.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Mollified by the consensus reached around his appraisal of the situation, Vel happily replies, "Good, everyone thinksh you're wrong." With that, the elf takes another small swig of ale, and slumps forward. Before Haleen could attempt to catch him again, the slump suddenly halts, and begins to shift again.

Krunk rolls his eyes and mutters, "Gods damned lightweight."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Koray's eyes narrow in confusion. "How do you two have... different levels of tolerance?" he asks, slightly baffled. "I mean, you're in the same body, right? And the level of alcohol in your blood wouldn't change."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Krunk grunts. "I'm tougher than he is. And not just because this form's better. Whenever he gets knocked out, I'm still good to fight. Only thing that would stop me is being dead, and even that seems to be pretty cheap to fix now." To punctuate that statement, Krunk tosses back the remaining half of his mug, and refills it from the barrel.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm

"I... see," Koray blinks, evidently processing this.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 pm

"The fighting portion of that is actually how we met Krunk, if you'll recall," Mahvash adds. Not having pried deeply into this matter, however, she doesn't truly have more explanation to offer here.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Later in the afternoon, shortly before the feast itself, Almah has all six come meet her in her office, which is in the same place at the top of the restored battle market. However, it lacks the decorations that it used to have, just being a nice desk and some comfortable chairs with a side table for now. Almah does still have her cinnamon incense burning on the desk, but otherwise the decorations have been a lower priority than reconstruction. "Glad you could all make it, I hope you've been enjoying the party. So first of all, some news updates. I'm taking the Pactmasters to court for severe breach of contract, and as a result I've been advised I'll likely be able to change Kelmarane's legal status. We'll gain more independence, such as the ability to write our own laws, with our only obligation to Katapesh itself being taxes. Because of that, I plan on having a small prison built so we no longer need to only use only capital or corporeal punishment. Secondly, I plan on abolishing slavery completely within the confines of the town. Specifically chattel slavery, temporary indentured servitude will remain legal."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:25 am

Lydia suppresses a smug smirk but doesn't interrupt.
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:28 am

After pausing a moment to gauge reactions, Almah continues, "But moving on, the real reason I asked you here wasn't to make announcements first that I plan on making at the feast anyways. I wanted to properly thank you all for saving Kelmarane for the third time and my own life for the second. And, given that you've worked with me for a while, you know that my thanks tends to come in payment. I realize that gold won't be too much of an issue now that you've gotten Jhavul's treasury, but I have other indirect ways I can thank you all each individually. Let's start with... Nari," she faces the deaf sorcerer directly. "There isn't much I can give you that you can't just magic yourself, but it's my understanding that you plan to repair the Scroll of Kakishon. In that case, all my resources and contacts are at your disposal for that endeavour. Moreover, I had heard that the palace inside Kakishon had better days. Once you repair the scroll, I will fully fund all repairs for the palace as well."

Last edited by Nobody7713 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:32 am

"Thank you very much for your generosity, Lady Almah," Nari signs, bowing her head with respect. "I am sure that the resources will be a great help in restoring Kakishon."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next