Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:12 pm

"Oh, that? That was actually a trick. The balls have a few thin layers of opaque coloured cloth on them, and there's a way to pull one off so fast that it looks like it just changes colour," Wyssilka explains with a laugh.

"Of course," Lord Kastner replies. "And if you require any assistance in pushing for initiatives like that, please do call on me. I have connections throughout many of the land's religious communities that would all be happy to help however they can."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Ferret Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:52 pm

"Well, color me embarrassed, I coulda sworn that was one of yer real magic tricks." Corey rubs the back of his head sheepishly. "Guess ya fooled me as much as the younguns."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:12 pm

"It's a common trick a lot of mages can do," Wyssilka waves a hand. "Just not one I've got in my own toolkit. Anyways, I'd best get back to entertaining the children, earn my keep here! Actually... Mr. Corey, would you care to join me for a few minutes?"

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Corey's eyebrows shoot to the top of his head. Somethin' about that don't seem right... wait a minute... "You, uh..." He wracked his brain trying to think of the right thing to say before finally settling on something he'd once heard his daddy say in a similar situation. "Ah think you've got me at a disadvantage, miss..."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:26 pm

"Oh, yes! Wyssilka the Fantabulous, at your service," the halfling grins and performs a comically deep bow. "And don't be surprised, some of the nobles passing through here were talking about you speaking with dear Kalbio. You overhear a lot performing," she explains how she got Corey's name.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:48 pm

"Strange ta think mah name's bein' passed around this type a place. Well Miss Wyssilka the Fantabulous, Ah'd love ta hang around a bit more."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:46 am

Adelaide tries not to beam at this, but does give a warm smile. "I will be sure to keep in touch, and thank you. I look forward to hearing how your current project goes as well, and will do what I can to support it."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:51 am

"Certainly. There's a certain network of those of us who seek reform that I've little doubt you will find yourself connecting with as you come to events like these," Lord Kastner explains.

"You can just call me Wyz," the halfling jester replies to Corey. "Care to help me a little with my next performance then? I do need to get back to work."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:52 am

Adelaide had thought the conversation was coming to a close but reconsiders at this last statement. "I've spoken with Baron Okerra and Count Zespire, is there anyone else in that network I should know of?" she asks candidly.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:59 am

"Funnily enough, I wouldn't count them as quite as involved, though they certainly are both just, noble men and good people to know," Kastner tilts his head. "Your aunt, however, is a friend of ours. Lady Martella Lotheed is another, I'm not sure if you would know who she is? Lady Clement and Landgrave Jarlbjorn are two others here that support our causes, though both tend to be quieter and more cautious to openly voice their support, an approach I respect but, as you may be able to tell, do not share," Lord Kastner chuckles.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:01 am

"My aunt being a friend surprises me not at all," Adelaide answers with a laugh, and nods to the other names.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:02 am

"I'm sure you're tired of hearing this, but you seem to take after her," Lord Kastner notes.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:03 am

"Does a person ever tire of receiving compliments?" Adelaide answers with a smile. "Well, I suppose the answer to that is yes, but I'm not tired of this one yet."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:05 am

"Good answer," Kastner laughs. "In any case, Dame Adelaide, it has been a pleasure," the paladin dips into a deep, respectful bow, placing his right hand on his chest as he does.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:07 am

"Likewise, Lord Kastner, I'm glad I met you," Adelaide answers with a curtsey and a smile. The conversation at an end, she leaves the lord to his other conversations and considers what next.
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:34 am

Sarina approaches Baronet Cicato as he's browsing the artifacts in the museum. "That's quite an interesting looking sword," she comments upon the current object of his attention. "If I'm not troubling you, is there more you could tell me about it?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:06 pm

When Momo returned to the archives, she continued to impress with her knowledge of botany, and after a little while the old librarian approaches her, an older man in a long brown robe. "You strike me as a young woman with a thirst for knowledge. Here, you may find this to be of interest," he offers a tattered leather journal. "A mere historical text, but one that will simply grow old and rot on a shelf somewhere if no-one accepts it."

Baronet Cicato briefly side-eyes Sarina, then comments drily, "You realize I am not the curator, yes?" He takes a deep breath. "Nonetheless, I will explain it." The falcata itself looks unremarkable, any common soldier's, its blade is nicked, scorch marks over the hilt. "It's the blade of the unknown soldier. Against a band of Qadiran troops, his entire squad fell, but still he held. Against overwhelming odds, he held. Eventually, the Qadirans had to call on one of their great battlemages to burn him, but when we went to recover remains, he was burned beyond recognition with fifty bodies around him. As far as we know, he was just a common man. I consider this a reminder that if a fight is worth starting, it is worth fighting to the end. And if it's not worth fighting, it's not us that pay in blood for our foolishness, it's men like him."

Josie continues to perform for the children up in the gallery, and one young girl, no older than 6, with olive skin, green eyes, and dark hair, seems particularly enraptured by her performance. After a little while, a nobleman who bears a striking resemblance to her scoops her up in his arms, stroking her hair, and beams to Josie. "Thank you very much, it's very kind of you to be doing this." He pats at his waist and curses under his breath. "Pardon me, it seems I've forgotten my purse, so I have nothing to properly thank you for this. Though, I do have a vast selection of exceptionally well-made weapons and armours at my estate, if you'd like I could have a piece of your choice sent to you?"

Last edited by Nobody7713 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:09 pm

"Sounds like fun, although Ah ain't much of a performer. What do ya need me to do?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Josie curtsies politely at his praise, and replies, "I'm glad that the two of you have enjoyed it. That's a very generous offer, sir. Would you happen to have any bows? I often practice with a longbow, but it's difficult to find one with a heavy draw weight." After she finishes, she flushes a bit and hurriedly adds, "Ah, where are my manners? I haven't even introduced myself. I am Dame Josephine Novius. Please, just call me Josie."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Momo accepts the journal with a polite bow. "Thank you. I'm not sure I caught your name, sir. Mine's Lady Myoui Momo," she says as she unbinds the journal and takes a quick skim through it.
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:54 pm

"Grand Duke Nestor Delriddia of Moda, at your service," the nobleman gives a short bow in return. "Ah, an archer? I suppose that explains how you manage to be so agile. I'd be happy to provide you with a bow with a little more weight, though I doubt I have anything too heavy in storage. Few enough can draw those that they tend to need to be specially ordered. Still, I will do what I can."

"Oh, my apologies," the librarian blinks, breaking into a toothy smile. "I am Pabrus Telecoum, the curator and royal record keeper." In the back of the journal, Momo finds a collection of no less than six magical scrolls disguised as journal pages.

"Nothing much, you'll be the straight man to my comedy act, so all you need to do is react as you normally would," Wyssilka explains with a grin.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm

"Well that don't sound too hard," Corey grins back. "Should be mighty fun."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Josie's eyebrows raise in surprise as he introduces himself, and to try to maintain composure she instead focuses on a more manageable portion of the conversation. "To be quite honest, any composite at all would be a very welcome upgrade, so I am very grateful. I've had the pleasure of using one before at competition, but they've always been a bit too expensive to have for what my parents consider a hobby."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:45 pm

Sarina listens attentively, nodding when the story is complete. "What a fascinating story. Those are both excellent lessons to be learned from it, and ones I'd say some of the current military leadership would do well to learn. It's unfortunate how resistant to change the old guard can be."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:32 pm

"A hobby," the grand duke scoffs at Josie's words. "In the navy, I'd have taken a good archer over the three greatest swordsmen in the land. Hone that talent, we train few enough in the bow as it stands, and certainly few who are strong enough to use a composite bow choose that route."

"Watch yourself," Baronet Cicato warns. "I was once part of that military leadership, and many would consider me to be part of that old guard. Nonetheless, I do see your meaning. Caution does not negate valour."

"That's the spirit!" Wyssilka grins, then gathers the attention of all the nearby children and begins her next routine, a comedic one. She launches into a scenario about a group of riders readying for a race, and then names the three riders as Who, What, and I Don't Know, playing off Corey's very genuine confusion about the riders' names. The youngest children don't initially get it and are just as confused, but their older siblings and friends whisper in their ears and set them to giggling too, with all of them basically rolling in their seats by the end of it.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next