Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Drekkle Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:43 pm

"I hope you can forgive me for being too bold, then," Sarina says. "But, if I may say so, the willingness to accept and embrace change you have, tempered by caution as it may be, is what makes me wish that more in the military leadership were like you."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:59 am

Baronet Cicacto sighs and nods. "I'm inclined to agree," he replies in a resigned tone. "We have too many whose first instinct is to regain our imperial glory without considering what the best way to reach that goal might be."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:53 am

"What do you think needs to happen?" Sarina asks. "I am certainly one for ensuring our military is the strongest among nations, but the details of how to make sure our military keeps up with modern standards escape me, I'm afraid."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:03 am

Baronet Cicato rubs his chin, considering that. "First, we need to stop going to war with Qadira, frankly. We ought maintain a strong presence on the border, but if we wish to grow our nation, southeast is not the correct choice. We would be better off exploring options on how to retake Galt, then put in place a just and fair governor there to discourage another revolution. But moreover, I believe that everyone of noble birth should be conscripted to spend a minimum of a year in a lesser officer's position in the military, placed wherever best suits their abilities. It would give all our decision makers perspective on the functioning of the military, provide discipline, and teach valuable leadership skills. Beyond that, a nation-wide investment on training tradespeople of all sorts would ensure that the military has high quality equipment and Taldor has a strong economic backbone."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:28 am

Josie smiles and replies, "A shame it's so underutilized, it's very rewarding to use. I definitely plan to keep practicing with the bow. Thank you for the words of encouragement, Grand Duke."

Oh right, he's a grand duke. Gods, why is a grand duke talking to me.
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 am

"Mm, all of those sound like they would come with much resistance," Sarina says, considering them all. "Still, though, there are certainly many merits to enacting each of those. Are you much one for debates? I find considering the opposing argument a worthwhile pastime for sharpening one's own arguments for their ideas."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:47 pm

"Well that was a weird bit," Corey says after the routine is over, scratching his head. "Ah still don't get it though, who was the rider in the first stall?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:57 pm

Momo indicates the last few pages with a cocked head, but doesn't indicate their nature. "Well, thank you Mr. Telecoum. It's a lovely gift you've given me, I'll be sure to keep this close to my heart." Momo beams at him, and asks, "I take it you heard some of my conversations then?"
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:48 am

”Of course. Should I have the bow sent to your family’s home, or is there a different place you would prefer?” the grand duke asks Josie.

Baronet Cicato chuckles in a low rumble. ”I see the value of them, but lack any talent for them,” he admits. ”So I remain an interested observer of debate.”

Wyssilka laughs at Corey’s question. ”His name is Who. As in, the word Who is his name.”

”Indeed. You are quite the botanist!” the librarian beams. ”You strike me as someone who appreciates learning for its own sake.”

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:53 am

After considering it for a moment, Josie simply replies, "My family's home should be fine."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:03 am

Corey freezes for a moment before letting out a mighty guffaw. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Ah get it now. Ya got me good there, Wyz."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 am

"With your permission, then, perhaps I'll be using your ideas as the basis for some of my own debates in the future," Sarina says. "I believe that some quite interesting discussions could come from discussing them."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:40 pm

”Consider it done, then,” Grand Duke Nestor, then opens his mouth to say something else, but is interrupted by his daughter in his arms tugging at his sleeve. ”My apologies, I’ll have to excuse myself now, but it was a pleasure, Da-“ he cuts himself off from using the title Josie had asked him to not use. ”Josie.”

Wyssilka laughs more at that reaction. ”I’m glad you didn’t catch on during the show, it’s much more fun that way.”

”Please, feel free,” Cicato replies to Sarina. ”These ideas getting more exposure can only be a benefit.”

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Sarina nods. "I'll certainly do my best to argue them well. Bringing back stability to Galt would certainly be a great boon, even if it comes at the cost of our near traditional wars with Qadira."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maswoon Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:35 pm

Momo gives a wry chuckle to that. :Although my studies began as lessons my father insisted upon, I have grown fond of the craft. When you're this good at something, it makes little sense not to continue on the path."
maswoon
maswoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:07 pm

"Well shucks, Ah'm glad Ah did mah part then," Corey replies, grinning bashfully. "The younguns sure did like the show, an' that's what's important, right?"
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodrayne03 Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Josie giggles and politely replies, "Have a pleasant rest of your evening, you two."
bloodrayne03
bloodrayne03
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:50 pm

"Following one's talent rarely leads you astray," the librarian agrees with Momo. "In any case, I shall leave you to it. Enjoy your evening," he bows out and goes to explain some other piece of trivia to a different group.

"Exactly," Wyssilka agrees. "Keeps them smiling, and keeps them from getting bored and bothering their parents too," she winks playfully after that second statement.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:03 pm

"Ah'da probably been mighty bored at this kinda thing when Ah was there age," Corey nods in agreement. "Heck, if Ah weren't meetin' such interestin' people, Ah'd probably be bored now too."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:29 pm

"Speaking of meeting people," Wyssilka spots a few relatives checking in on children, nieces, and nephews. "How about I give you an introduction to one? There's Baron Okerra there, he helped lift your friend Kalbio up. Countess Pace over there is interesting... but risky. She spends every waking moment playing politics. And then there's Duke Centimus, he's a fascinating fellow. He's refused to ever get his injury healed, despite being able to afford it, but it certainly hasn't dulled his mind."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:41 pm

"Sounds like Okerra's someone Ah'd get along with mighty well. Ah'd love ta meet him."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:07 pm

"Well, then without further adieu," Wyssilka grins and strolls over to Baron Okerra, who just finished checking on his nephew and had a smile on his face. "Ah! Ms. Wyssilka, my nephew was just saying how funny you were, my thanks. And you," he gives Corey a short bow, "I do not know who you are, but your kindness to Kalbio reflects well on you, sir."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:08 pm

"Ah can say the same fer you." Corey returns the bow, albeit clumsily. "Wyz here told me you were one of the ones what helped Kalbio get here today."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:18 pm

"Breezy Creek is within my barony, I was just fulfilling what I felt to be my duty towards my subject," Okerra replies with a modest wave of his hand. "But where are my manners? Baron Nicolaus Okerra, at your service."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:22 pm

"Corey Crawford. It's a pleasure sir." Corey grins amicably. "Ah wish every noble were so generous ta their subjects. A lot of ya ain't willin' ta see a commoner who's worth nobility."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next