Critical Scumble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

+2
Aviana
Nobody7713
6 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:17 am

Sarina nods. "Yes, they've been quite good to me. I only hope I can pay the favor forward, someday in the future when I'm in a better position to."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: War for the Crown Gameplay Part 1

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:21 am

"Aye, one of my greatest mistakes when I arrived here was not forging tight bonds with any particular group of people," Ogvai notes. "I've since found common cause with people like Baronet Cicato and Count Zespire, but it led to a difficult few months. Bah. Once she's of age, I plan to hand this post to my daughter in any case."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:36 am

"Ah, I was just speaking with Baronet Cicato," Sarina mentions. "A good man, certainly very capable. It's truly unfortunate how one's ability and aptitude have less to do with gaining a position than politics and status, something I'm sure you know all too well."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:39 am

"True. I'd have gotten nothing if Stavian weren't scared shitless about pissing off his Ulfen Guard. Least my little girl's growing up to be better at all this than me, so I'll be leaving this seat in good hands in a few years," Ogvai chuckles and shakes his head. "It'll let me get back to what I'm actually good at."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:49 am

"She sounds like the type of person I'd like to meet," Sarina says with a smile. "How old is your daughter?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:51 am

"She just passed her 14th birthday, so it'll be a couple years yet," Ogvai replies. "I'd be happy to introduce you two sometime."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:59 am

"Is she here with you today?" Sarina asks.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:01 am

Ogvai shakes his head. "Fraid not. Home's too far out, so my wife and daughter didn't make the trek."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:08 am

"Ah well, some other time," Sarina says. "Will you be sending her to school soon?"

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:09 am

"I've had a tutor living with us for the last few years," Ogvai explains. "But it might be worth sending her someplace that can give her more experiences than just one teacher soon."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:13 am

Sarina nods. "The time I spent at Sinora Academy was certainly valuable to me. Of course, there's no shortage of girls seeking to coast by on their house's name, but I'm sure you'd find that true anywhere you find nobles."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:15 am

That gets a short laugh out of the landgrave. "That's very true. I may look to send her there then. Better than dropping her straight in here with no connections."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:19 am

"Mhm. She'll certainly be able to make connections that'll be able and willing to work with her, especially if she's as adept at all this as you say," Sarina says. "That's where I made mine, at least."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 am

"Plus," Ogvai adds, "Knowing she'll be getting a senate seat straight after graduation'll put her in an unusual position."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:22 am

"Oh, quite," Sarina says with a smile. "It would be interesting to see what she makes of that, while she's there."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:24 am

"I'm confident she'll find her own way easily enough, she's more than capable," Ogvai asserts, nodding. "Now here's hoping the vote goes well tonight so that she can be my legal heir too."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:36 am

"I'm hoping the vote goes well too," Sarina agrees. "And that it becomes only the first of new reforms to improve Taldor."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:37 am

"I'll drink to that," Ogvai raises his wine glass in a toast.

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:40 am

Sarina clinks her glass against his before taking a appreciative sip.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:06 am

As this conversation happens, the rest of the group find themselves hanging around the different areas in the senate, with Josie having made enough of an impression on the arcade's curator to be gifted with some archaeological supplies herself.

Sarina finds her conversation cut short, however, by the ringing of a bell by an older man in the Senate, the Speaker calling for all senators to find their seats on the floor for voting to commence. With a clamour, everyone not in the gallery or courtyard make their way there quickly, the front rows packed with eager observers. But the fateful vote is still yet to come, for the Senate then spends half an hour on formalities and small spending bills, and then a 5 minute recess to prepare is called for, during which senators on all sides launch into frantic discussions. Dozens of senators and their immediate aides scurry below the gallery's observation deck. The cacophony of voices is almost deafening, and it seems like the ceaseless chatter will continue endlessly. But after five minutes, the magically amplified voice of the senate speaker interrupts the noise.

"“Thank you all. I would ask that our observers please be silent and seat themselves. We will now begin voting on addendum number twenty-two thousand eighty-seven: the repeal of the ancient law of primogeniture, the issuance of inheritance and aristocratic title solely through male heirs.” Following this proclamation, the speaker begins calling on individual senators one at a time to support or oppose the repeal. Early declarations split evenly between the options, with many senators abstaining entirely, and only halfway through the process do votes begin to favor Princess Eutropia’s bid to end primogeniture. A few votes draw murmurs of surprise from the crowd, particularly Duke Centimus, Lady Clement, and Countess Pace all voting aye. By the end of the tabulations, the repeal passes with roughly 60 percent of the senate’s backing. The speaker takes a moment to compose himself, seemingly shocked by the results, before continuing to formally announce the initial results in a distant monotone.

"And so, the final tally for addendum twenty-two thousand eighty-seven, the repeal of primogeniture, with thirty-six abstentions, the final tally stands at one hundred and seven for, seventy-nine against. The addendum passes. Among other business tonight, the senate recognizes Princess Eutropia Stavian I as the new heir to the Primogen Crown, and the first heir the empire has seen in twenty years." With the declaration made, the chamber explodes in a riot of applause and condemnation. It takes several minutes for the cacophony to die down. The speaker declares that a closed senate recount is to take place, an event signaled by the speaker declaring a temporary recess of the senate to outsiders.

As the cacophany begins to die down, Martella's voice rings through the group's badges. "Well, that was exciting. Could all of you come up and join me in the gallery please? I'd like to have a short chat before Stavian gives his speech."

Up in the gallery, Martella sits near the front with a wide grin on her face, one of her trademark brass crickets buzzing on the ledge next to her. When everyone gets up to her, she claps her hands in delight. "So first of all, thank you all. Every single one of you accomplished the tasks I assigned with aplomb. Not only that, but from what I saw you all made a wide array of diverse connections and impressed a great many people, so congratulations are in order. You can all expect your monetary payment to be couriered to you within the next day, and furthermore I plan to invite you all to a celebratory event that the... network I'm a part of will be hosting soon, you've all more than proven that you can be trusted."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:17 am

"I trust there'll be more details on that to come later?" Sarina asks with a smile at Martella.

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviana Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 am

The network, huh? Adelaide decides against prying. "Thank you for inviting us," she answers with a big smile. "This was a delightful opportunity, and I'm pleased to have been a part of helping Taldor move forward."
Aviana
Aviana
Admin

https://critical-scumble.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody7713 Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:20 am

"Of course," Martella confirms to Sarina. "When I send you all your pay, I'll also give you the details for that." She then nods and returns Adelaide's smile. "I don't believe I would be remiss in saying that the gala was richer for all of your presence."

Nobody7713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekkle Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:21 am

Sarina nods. "I'll be eagerly awaiting that, then. Thank you very much for this opportunity."

Drekkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferret Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:34 am

"Gosh, another fancy party?" Corey seems genuinely amazed. "Ah'd be delighted."
Ferret
Ferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next